Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for FFXI "Classic"?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I never got banned for exploiting, you really grasping at straws now aren't ya? You try to use any gossip or information at your fingertips to attack me. I'm simply using your forum posts that anyone can see, and anyone can certainly see how unhinged you are.

You seem to have misread over the fact I stated multiple times, my play time has changed. Once again, since I seem to need to repeat myself for you, I cleared the current content and have done all the current content. I ran an LS for over a decade, I was most recently in one that cleared a wave3 until my play time changed.What I spend my gil on is really none of your business and has no bearing on this discussion. You're just attempting to attack me in any way you can to express your unhealthy hatred for this game. Who is more delusional, someone who clearly despises the game still PAYING for said game, or the person who enjoys the game paying for it?

You've been having the same argument since post 75 cap, you can't just say now "you don't even do the current content but praise the game" when my playtime changed, but I have been doing all the content ever released since day 1 and past 75 cap. I've criticized the game since day 1 and I feel they have done quite a many adjustments that made this game way better than 75 era. The only thing lacking is their content pace, its too slow. They need to add more content for sure.

If I still didn't enjoy this game, I wouldn't be playing it that is for sure. That is quite unhealthy, and I almost 100% would not be lurking the forums to attack anyone that still plays it and thinks it positive in certain aspects.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    it's just absolute delusion.

you claim that the game is in a better state now than it was back then but you don't even do the most current content, you buy clears for it.

absolutely delusional. absolutely embarrassing.

you're obsessed with your name (in draylo's case, his second or third name due to bans for exploiting) and a false sense of progression. you don't enjoy the content.
    Brah. Don't point fingers. Embarrassing and delusional are exactly how I would describe most of your FFXI posts.

There's literally no way you can possibly get out of this conversation without being a hypocrite. I know you can't see it, but that's why everyone is throwing up their arms essentially saying "wtf lol."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I never got banned for exploiting, you really grasping at straws now aren't ya? You try to use any gossip or information at your fingertips to attack me. I'm simply using your forum posts that anyone can see, and anyone can certainly see how unhinged you are.

You seem to have misread over the fact I stated multiple times, my play time has changed. Once again, since I seem to need to repeat myself for you, I cleared the current content and have done all the current content. I ran an LS for over a decade, I was most recently in one that cleared a wave3 until my play time changed.What I spend my gil on is really none of your business and has no bearing on this discussion. You're just attempting to attack me in any way you can to express your unhealthy hatred for this game. Who is more delusional, someone who clearly despises the game still PAYING for said game, or the person who enjoys the game paying for it?

You've been having the same argument since post 75 cap, you can't just say now "you don't even do the current content but praise the game" when my playtime changed, but I have been doing all the content ever released since day 1 and past 75 cap. I've criticized the game since day 1 and I feel they have done quite a many adjustments that made this game way better than 75 era. The only thing lacking is their content pace, its too slow. They need to add more content for sure.

If I still didn't enjoy this game, I wouldn't be playing it that is for sure. That is quite unhealthy, and I almost 100% would not be lurking the forums to attack anyone that still plays it and thinks it positive in certain aspects.
    Ya. Dray was always known as good ppls. I was on his server originally. Think we were in a LS together at some point? Frenzy? Wtf was it called with Sassafras, Warkvlt, etc. I got kicked from that one for botting on Sassafras' account when her brother in law (who ran the LS) told me to. Some dumbass shit there.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

But the point was, I don't recall Dray ever botting or exploiting. I was usually the one running all the botting for my HNMLS and can't remember a single time Draylo ever came up as a user, even in rival LS. And we all knew exactly who was botting back then.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Can't clear content.
    Doesn't enjoy current content.
    Got banned for exploiting.
    Doesn't play anymore.

Sounds like someone who really enjoys modern day ffxi

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can't clear content.
    Doesn't play anymore.

Surely, the world is holding its breath for you to find a new hobby already. Instead of sitting perturbed over days long gone.

Boo-hoo 75, boo-hoo you people, boo-hoo noU.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This thread is tired.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    This thread is tired.
    Ya, but easter is a boring holiday during normal times and doubly so now. Gives me something to do.

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Ya, but easter is a boring holiday during normal times and doubly so now. Gives me something to do.

I think the real question should be, what are you going to do now that Cam isn't with the Panthers lol.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by bechyni View Post
    I think the real question should be, what are you going to do now that Cam isn't with the Panthers lol.
    I'll always love Cam and I'll continue to root for him wherever he lands. While I agree with the move, it still hurts.

He's not leaving my avatar. Ever.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He's not leaving my avatar. Ever.
    Time has other ideas.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I'd say most of us wish SE would do more with the game, but let's not fucking pretend that the dunes were packed prior to the evil Abyssea in an otherwise top-heavy population or that someone having to shout for a linkshell and hoping a leader/sack saw it was a far more deeply engaging social experience. That's some grouchy ass old man "Back in my day..." bullshit.
    HNMLS were you had to apply, trial, and be accepted then maintain sufficient status to be eligible for your items created a much deeper social interaction than letting everyone low man everything in Abyssea or shoutgroup everything else post-Abyssea.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I literally cannot fathom, sitting on forums (more specifically a section of them dedicated to the game) and throwing hate at people who actually enjoy the game or who want it to succeed or even talk about it in a positive way in any form.
    Well a bunch of you did exactly that about the HNMLS system and you eventually got shit ruined

Probationary periods were a thing where players could pretty much expect to get nothing substantial during that time.

Nonetheless, this was also reflective of the game's reward structure at the time, too. For the most part, things dropped or they didn't. There weren't in-game point systems or failsafes for when RNG refused to cooperate. Later XI and certainly other MMOs recognized this as a problem, while you'd also have players jumping from shell to shell always being at the bottom of the pecking order never seeing anything just for the shells they were dissolve due to attrition when their turn finally rolled around. No one likes working for nothing even if we tried to justify it as establishing a reputation.
    I'm one of those people who had to jump around a few shells and servers for over a year before getting my Hecatomb Cap and Subligar.

The system worked.

The problem I encountered was never establishing reputation to be lot eligible (or, to be more realistic, getting DKP priority since most shells moved towards that and most probationary periods lasted 2-3 weeks at most), it was the item scarcity outlasting the Linkshell lifetime. When I finally sucked it up and leveled WHM to get into an actual power shell, and not just trying to join whatever shell would accept a DPS or tank at the time, I easily topped the DKP charts for the shell and easily won lots on my items. Hell, I only got my Defending Ring because panda didn't want to let the only main tank (a very recently off-trial member) have it

I can tell you that on my journey, all the people in shells that already had items were the core players who would be on all the time and could be summoned to events as necessary. All the have-nots complaining about not having a chance at items (ShepardG) were infrequent attendees and just there to vacuum up whatever they could.

We used to sell ridills and shit all the time back in the day. Pmuch every camp someone would /tell if we were selling anything. Nothing wrong with someone buying their way through an event or buying an item from a LS willing to do it. I never faulted dudes that either didn't want to camp or didn't have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by bechyni View Post
    This. Paying mercs has always been in the game regardless of era.
    Nah there's everything wrong with that. This shit was stupid, and I say that as someone who got a Relic funded by selling King items.

You want a Ridill? Your ass should be in the pit. Not just to pay someone for it, but every day to earn the DKP for it. And you should have the gear and skill not to be a burden and kicked before your turn comes up. Otherwise, I'd rather give it to the person who only plays mage jobs in the HNMLS.

Not everyone should get every item. Your progression should be limited by your ability to do the content required to get the item, including competing with other Linkshells and your Linkshell peers.

This is the point of the EX tag. You have to acquire the item yourself. People can pay mercs for items through the AH.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Can't clear content.
    Doesn't play anymore.

It's my favorite gamE!

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Surely, the world is holding its breath for you to find a new hobby already. Instead of sitting perturbed over days long gone.

Boo-hoo 75, boo-hoo you people, boo-hoo noU.
    Next month will mark 10 years since Abyssea. I've grieved for what FFXI used to be longer than the time I actually spent playing it, and still haven't moved on.

Good luck.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

My condolences for ur loss

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Next month will mark 10 years since Abyssea. I've grieved for what FFXI used to be longer than the time I actually spent playing it, and still haven't moved on.

Good luck.
    She's dead, Jim.

Should really let it go at this point.

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

What's really bad (me, I'm really bad) is I do not have one REMA and even though I'm holding 110m in gil with around 40m in things to sell I don't have it in me to try and do one.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    She's dead, Jim.

Should really let it go at this point.
    Pretty sure parents of dead toddlers still grieve a decade later

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    What's really bad (me, I'm really bad) is I do not have one REMA and even though I'm holding 110m in gil with around 40m in things to sell I don't have it in me to try and do one.
    How dare you not mindlessly conform and praise the system that exploited you.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How dare you not mindlessly conform and praise the system that exploited you.
    This existence of have-nots does not imply the pre-condition of exploitation.