Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for FFXI "Classic"?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I don't give a fuck is a game is streamable. I only care if it's fun to play.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    fortunately ffxi classic would be about 3x the population current retail servers.
    https://www.ffxiah.com/database

According to Auction House data, there are currently 90k active toons between all servers. You honestly believe XI Classic would pull 270k players?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    https://www.ffxiah.com/database

According to Auction House data, there are currently 90k active toons between all servers. You honestly believe XI Classic would pull 270k players?
    I referenced this number before though, not to mention it's inaccurate because of it still having active users on servers that have been turned down for a decade, but it also just goes off having an AH transaction in the last 90 days. I believe when someone checked populations before they estimated that probably 2/3rds of those are mules or alts. I think ffxi classic could get 60-70k people on launch.

The 2/3rds number was something observed in early 2013. I'd guess it would be even more skewed now since people like myself have 30 active subscriptions

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I believe when someone checked populations before they estimated that probably 2/3rds of those are mules or alts.
    I did say active toons, not active players, breh.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I did say active toons, not active players, breh.
    Ya but then you said players on the ffxi classic number, my dude. It could maybe get 270k subscriptions, unique people no, no way.

I think most people would default to 1 or 2 instead of the 3-5 we see in current ffxi. Usually an alt or mule is something developed over time and not immediately

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I just don't see SE dedicating the staff to a new version of a live service game they have in maintenance mode. Years back they tasked Nexon to redevelop the game for the mobile platform and that has disappeared from any mention.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Completely agree. I do not think they will do it. SE is by far the worst company when it comes to MMOs. They constantly disrespect their player base regardless of what game it is.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

They removed the graphical changes in wow classic. RuneScape has no micro transactions in os RS.. not sure they even do in the main game.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

that's runescape fam, not Old school runescape.

which is what i was primarily talking about, which is what lucavi incorrectly said had micro transactions

https://www.pcgamesn.com/old-school-...rotransactions

In its original rundown of the partnership plan, Jagex said that “we don’t want any of you worrying that free cosmetics are in any way a step towards introducing microtransactions into Old School” and that “we will not add any MTX to Old School Runescape,” as doing so would “completely contradict the spirit of what has made Old School a success.”

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

You also mentioned that you weren't sure they are in the main game, and they are.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

shucks, foiled by my uncertainty

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don’t understand the need for so many people here are compelled to argue the following:

1) What is and isn’t fun for other people.
    2) What “FFXI Classic” generally means (75 Era Content, probably up to WOTG, like most private, 75 era servers).
    3) Whether or not it would draw enough of a playerbase to remain profitable.

How? And why? Argue this stuff. If you wouldn’t play it, that’s cool, I bet you represent the majority of past players. But there’s a surprisingly large minority group who play various versions of FFXI classic on private servers still to this day (many of which have donation platforms that have either enhanced or kept these projects moving). To argue what’s literally already out there in an illegitimate form is absurd. Shut up. Move on.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

correct, current-gen ffxi players are unable to admit that people are able to like different things on this forum. it is the definition of an echo chamber in many many ways.

it's insanely mind blowing and something i've never understood since it's not just 1 or 2 people it's the majority.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah it’s like the attitudes in the BG politics thread has just seeped into the rest of the board. And it’s not even worth posting a different opinion in those threads at this point just forget it. Yikes man.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

correct, current-gen ffxi players are unable to admit that people are able to like different things on this forum. it is the definition of an echo chamber in many many ways.

it's insanely mind blowing and something i've never understood since it's not just 1 or 2 people it's the majority.
    Keep telling yourself that in the "many many ways" you try to.

I mean, you can't even stop pretending that you know how to throw the word semantics around repeatedly. Why bother not pretending with the rest of the subject then, right?

So, go ahead and pull the "it's an echo chamber" card after others don't validate your dog and pony show of a discussion.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Says the guy in this thread who claims that current XI is trash, and that a XI classic would have 3x the subs as current retail, lol.

Fortunately for me, I remember you from the old days. You were a greedy piece of shit who liked being able to fuck people over. You liked the days of king claims being the shit because you loved the drama of botting, revealing botters, MPKing, stealing claims, etc. Current XI is trash to you because that's not in the game anymore.

Some people can look back at that and remember it fondly, but like most people here have zero interest in repeating it because of life changes and...maturity. Most people seem to want that feeling of togetherness that original XI had. The thing is that...that still exists. I have closer friends from current XI than who I played with at 75. Just takes longer to get to the forced team up part of XI these days, which was entirely necessary because of how the game developed. The only thing truly gone from XI are the feeling of king camps. Needing people to accomplish tasks, gear swapping, horizontal progression and long grinds are all still very much the game.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    I don’t understand the need for so many people here are compelled to argue the following:

1) What is and isn’t fun for other people.
    2) What “FFXI Classic” generally means (75 Era Content, probably up to WOTG, like most private, 75 era servers).
    3) Whether or not it would draw enough of a playerbase to remain profitable.

How? And why? Argue this stuff. If you wouldn’t play it, that’s cool, I bet you represent the majority of past players. But there’s a surprisingly large minority group who play various versions of FFXI classic on private servers still to this day (many of which have donation platforms that have either enhanced or kept these projects moving). To argue what’s literally already out there in an illegitimate form is absurd. Shut up. Move on.
    And you just tried to gatekeep a pointless discussion.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    Says the guy in this thread who claims that current XI is trash, and that a XI classic would have 3x the subs as current retail, lol.

Fortunately for me, I remember you from the old days. You were a greedy piece of shit who liked being able to fuck people over. You liked the days of king claims being the shit because you loved the drama of botting, revealing botters, MPKing, stealing claims, etc. Current XI is trash to you because that's not in the game anymore.

Some people can look back at that and remember it fondly, but like most people here have zero interest in repeating it because of life changes and...maturity. Most people seem to want that feeling of togetherness that original XI had. The thing is that...that still exists. I have closer friends from current XI than who I played with at 75. Just takes longer to get to the forced team up part of XI these days, which was entirely necessary because of how the game developed. The only thing truly gone from XI are the feeling of king camps. Needing people to accomplish tasks, gear swapping, horizontal progression and long grinds are all still very much the game.
    yeah, in my opinion current xi is trash because the only content added to it in the last 4 years was a reskinned version of dynamis, everything is just time gated in a stupid way. QOL changes are just slight things that save time and nothing major, for example limit breaks used to be something challenging and teach the player a lot about the game, now they are just wildly inconvenient and unnecessary, you can fucking summon trusts to fight maat.. lol.. but i can still respect other opinions and hear arguments for why the game is good now. "i'm having fun" is a pretty shit reason, but you do you. i don't think you're capable of seeing other reasons for why the game was better in the 75 era though but it really just comes down to a mental capacity thing. being able to hear and have arguments is a skill set BG posters generally don't possess.

also i doubt you remember me, you probably just googled or went through my post history. if you do remember me, you need to get some other things in your brain my dude

i never personally mpk'd anyone, i did yes find it hilarious though. other than that botting is more prevalent in current day ffxi than it ever has been. 99% of the playerbase bots or benefits from botting and things like react are borderline cheating anyways. blizzard bans for systems like react in their games, if SE gave two shits they would too.

i love how you keep saying most people like your opinion is something that's popular. the game has 5% of the population it had in the era we're talking about. that means 95% of people who played think current ffxi is utter trash. the only real discussion is the people who don't play and are no longer on this board, do they think the game they played back in 2007 is trash now? this board isn't the right place to ask this question because it's full of morons like yourself who can't handle being told that they are wasting their life on a game that SE does not care about, will not get any new relevant content, is filled with bots and despite all that costs even more than it did to play on release.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

yeah, in my opinion current xi is trash because the only content added to it in the last 4 years was a reskinned version of dynamis, everything is just time gated in a stupid way. QOL changes are just slight things that save time and nothing major, for example limit breaks used to be something challenging and teach the player a lot about the game, now they are just wildly convenient and unnecessary, you can fucking summon trusts to fight maat.. lol..

also i doubt you remember me, you probably just googled or went through my post history. if you do remember me, you need to get some other things in your brain my dude

i never personally mpk'd anyone, i did yes find it hilarious though. other than that botting is more prevalent in current day ffxi than it ever has been. 99% of the playerbase bots or benefits from botting and things like react are borderline cheating anyways. blizzard bans for systems like react in their games, if SE gave two shits they would too.

i love how you keep saying most people like your opinion is something that's popular. the game has 5% of the population it had in the era we're talking about. that means 95% of people who played think current ffxi is utter trash. the only real discussion is the people who don't play and are no longer on this board, do they think the game they played back in 2007 is trash now? this board isn't the right place to ask this question because it's full of morons like yourself who can't handle being told that they are wasting their life on a game that SE does not care about, will not get any new relevant content, is filled with bots and despite all that costs even more than it did to play on release.
    Your statement on content since the launch of Adoulin is demonstrably bullshit, in "many many ways".

100% of players benefit from botting in any era of the game. Be it constant fish on the AH providing sushi or anything of the sort. So that is a dumb thing to say.

5% of the population? Are 100% of your numbers just out of your ass?

You can't handle actually having a conversation without belittling or dismissing dissent. As well as blatantly misrepresenting whatever you feel like to feebly try and gain your opinion the credibility it completely lacks. It doesnt have anything to do with "this board", it is just you.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

spicy, first of all i apologize that your brain has such a small mental capacity. not once in this thread have i typed the word "aldoulin" i have continuously said "4 years". aldoulin was launched almost 7 years ago now. maybe you're just having too much fun afking in aldoulin. there now i've typed it thrice.

5% of the population still plays compared to 2007 as drawn out by the numbers established in this thread and many other places. it's safe to assume the other 95% have moved on, maybe we can be generous and assumed that 10-15% of them died or swore off video games in a new years resolution and if that wasn't the case they would still be ffxi'ing it up daily. therefore i'll retract my number and say 85% of the people who have played this game think the current iteration is G A R B A G E.

also lets call out some fallacy, you started in 2009, not 2006-2007. you're posting about something you never even experienced.

i also like how you're saying i can't argue without belittling someone, as he's calling me a piece of shit. i mean if you're gonna sling shit why are you expecting it not to be slung right on back? grow up homie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast