FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    how is this thread still going on
    People ask the same question about ffxi

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    I'm not sure what you think atom0s does but he doesn't rmt unless it's a recent development, and his knowledge isn't first hand and I know who he's getting it from.

That being said it takes about 11 seconds to Google and find that Gil price and demand has tanked about 70% in the last year and it was already at an all time low prior to that.

Also no idea what "site" he's talking about and if I've never heard of it it's likely peanuts.
    The story as I told it is that's because China banned a bunch of games, so the RMT farms have doubled up on FFXI, thus making supply vastly outpace demand. And I was told this by a guy who sells gil.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Dunno who told you that but china generally operates off VPNs such as 8lag even when there are no bans in place. I don't know a single Chinese shop that doesn't bypass the GFW with a VPN.

As I said before it takes literally no time to look at a site and see demand is down, feedback is publicly viewable and it's fallen off a cliff.

You're arguing something you know nothing about

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kanriel View Post
    The story as I told it is that's because China banned a bunch of games, so the RMT farms have doubled up on FFXI, thus making supply vastly outpace demand. And I was told this by a guy who sells gil.

All the Chinese RMT I know who aren't just middlemen are getting out of FFXI because the demand is too low.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i'm still genuinely confused what makes people think modern day FFXI is better time wise.

it's literally just HNM camping that was the major time sink, other than that the game could be scheduled and would consume relatively the same amount of time.. and honestly it would consume the same amount of time as any other MMO out there.

but yeah sure
    I dont know in what kind of dimension you lived back then, but you couldnt sit down for 2 hours on FFXI Classic and get any shit done besides crafting. FFS just gathering for LS events took at least 1 hour, and that was the fucking bare minimum.

Remove those rose tinted glasses. FFXI Classic was a fucking horrible game when it came to traveling to event location, preparing for stuff etc. it was a nightmare and basicly a full time job. I enjoied it because i was young/naive and had the time. Today i wouldnt even look at such a game. I enjoied abyssea/post abyssea/adoulin FFXI way more.

I also couldnt imagine to play FFXI anymore without any addons like gearswap chatmon etc etc. pre gearswap Job changing? Yeah fuck that 30 min+ at least ¬.¬

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Patsu View Post
    All the Chinese RMT I know who aren't just middlemen are getting out of FFXI because the demand is too low.
    More like their market is too crowded and they aren't needed since money isn't nearly as hard to make as it once was.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    they aren't needed since money isn't nearly as hard to make as it once was.
    How is that different from me saying demand is low?

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Patsu View Post
    How is that different from me saying demand is low?
    Because a low demand and an overcrowded oversupplied market are different. Plenty of people are buying lots of gil.

They really aren't. There is nothing to buy. They haven't added anything new to buy for quite a while.

Nothing to buy and too many sellers both lower demand. Same shit. WAAAAY too many sellers, because they have nothing to buy themselves so they sell now too.

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I can't believe I read 18 pages of this.

Meh, nevermind that statement, apparently it's commonplace

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by xerodok View Post
    I can't believe I read 18 pages of this.
    Time none of us can ever get back.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    They really aren't. There is nothing to buy. They haven't added anything new to buy for quite a while.

Nothing to buy and too many sellers both lower demand. Same shit. WAAAAY too many sellers, because they have nothing to buy themselves so they sell now too.
    There are plenty of things to buy, lol. More so than ever before, in fact.

Just read yells on Asura for 5 minutes, and then remember there are actual things to buy besides that. People do actually make various REAMD weapons, and do actually R15/25 them with gil.

How do you even conceivably imagine that there is nothing to spend gil on in XI?

It is just an overcrowded and oversupplied market with plenty of demand and too many meeting it.

I know there is nothing to buy, because I literally have nothing I want to buy. And I know all my customers tell me they have nothing left to buy.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

No point arguing with spicy, LoH and atom0s. Egos are a hell of a drug, even when talking about something they know nothing about.

Atom0s is at least arguing with old information though, 2 years ago he'd be correct. Spicy and LoH are just spewing bullshit

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sirious View Post
    I know there is nothing to buy, because I literally have nothing I want to buy. And I know all my customers tell me they have nothing left to buy.
    Lol, who gives a fuck if you personally don't want to buy things? What does anyone even know about your customers? Neither of which changes that there are ample things for the playerbase at large to spend their gil on.

No point arguing with spicy, LoH and atom0s. Egos are a hell of a drug, even when talking about something they know nothing about.

Atom0s is at least arguing with old information though, 2 years ago he'd be correct. Spicy and LoH are just spewing bullshit
    You are easily the most ego driven person here.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Known sellers and every publicly viewable feedback: demand/price is at an all time low

World renowned retard and asura yell expert spicyryan: people are still buying more Gil than ever.

I have never seen such a case of stupidity in my entire life

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That isn't what I said nor was it what I was arguing.

Good job being you.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Because a low demand and an overcrowded oversupplied market are different. Plenty of people are buying lots of gil.
    Sometimes I wonder if you even remember what you say. Unless you're implying this could also mean that demand and price has dropped? But if that's what you mean you're literally adding nothing to the conversation while being vague in an attempt to stir shit up. But nah you go on to say demand is the same or greater and insult anyone who says otherwise.

Impressive work spicyryan. Everyone here cares what you have to say and respects your horrible opinion on things you don't know anything about.

Shut the fuck up

User was infracted for this post.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sometimes I wonder if you even remember what you say. Unless you're implying this could also mean that demand and price has dropped? But if that's what you mean you're literally adding nothing to the conversation while being vague in an attempt to stir shit up. But nah you go on to say demand is the same or greater and insult anyone who says otherwise.

Impressive work spicyryan. Everyone here cares what you have to say and respects your horrible opinion on things you don't know anything about.

Shut the fuck up
    A lack of demand is different from an excess of supply and sellers.

You aren't important, and that doesn't mean you need to constantly try to tell everyone how important they or their contributions are.

Feel free to STFU yourself.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk