Thread: Time for FFXI "Classic"?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    Oh, who here is pretending that very thing?
    The people claiming you were completely gated from content if you didn't bot HNMs, which is still only true for a few items with abyssmal drop rates post-odin/einherjar.

Not sure if you're just being facetious or trying to get a ride out of me since this has all been discussed though. Refer to my post several posts up where I asked you to shut the fuck up.

i should really shut up
    You can safely ignore me I am a troll

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by D44kpunk View Post
    The people claiming you were completely gated from content if you didn't bot HNMs, which is still only true for a few items with abyssmal drop rates post-odin/einherjar.

Not sure if you're just being facetious or trying to get a ride out of me since this has all been discussed though. Refer to my post several posts up where I asked you to shut the fuck up.
    You aren't cute, but keep trying.

At any rate, you are conflating gated from an obstruction to a complete impass. Personally I took what Draylo and others said as an obstruction or situations where it happened. Not that bots made endgame completely impossible. No one is really digging in and taking it to the absolutes you do to form an argument.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I don't have time to dig through a bunch of posts. i'm sure there's more but here's a few

Quote Originally Posted by Spicyryan View Post
    At 75 bots were 1000 times worse for impacting the quality of your gameplay than now. Claiming all sorts of lottery or time spawn NMs was a major inconvenience. Wasted time from bots is worse than any time sink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    lol, he literally doesn't see the hate he spews from his keyboard on a regular basis, including personal attacks.

75 era bots BLOCKED people from even accessing content unlike nowdays
    your post implies bots had an insane advantage for claiming (it's not as significant as you'd cry)

draylo's post literally says 75 era bots blocked you from content. no other way to digest it.

you aren't cute, but keep trying.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    Listen, don't say dumb shit if you don't want to get called out for saying dumb shit. You said something fucking stupid and I let you know. Your post history means fuck all with regard to that.
    Don't make up numbers. If you fucking misspoke, own it.
    Except I didn't say anything close to what you're accusing me of, so sit the fuck down.

D44 made up numbers. Someone called him out on making up numbers. I pointed out that no one could have any numbers to quantify advantages because the numbers would always have to be relative.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

What’s the easiest way to farm HMP’s nowadays besides voidwatch campaigns and not ambuscade.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I don’t remember how much I have but I think I needed like 800+ more.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Except I didn't say anything close to what you're accusing me of, so sit the fuck down.

D44 made up numbers. Someone called him out on making up numbers. I pointed out that no one could have any numbers to quantify advantages because the numbers would always have to be relative.
    LMAO your dumbass statement is literally still there. Just because some shit can be done does not make it acceptable.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This statement where I made no numbers and in fact said that it's impossible to have accurate numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    It's impossible to have solid numbers on how much botting helps because the advantage is dynamic; the more botters you have, the more evenly distributed your claiming attempts are and the more relevant the distribution factor becomes.

To math it out precisely we'd have to know what the polling windows for lockout release are set at. The smaller the windows, the bigger advantage botters have. On the other hand though, if the polling window is small enough you hit the point where it's not possible to have enough people to actually optimize around the windows.

However the point is that lock-out rendered the main advantage of botting (and JP latency) -- claim on spawn -- irrelevant since only a tiny amount of claims could be nabbed on spawn. Before lock-out mobs would spawn red because the people who loaded fastest (JP) or people whose tools could claim on packet w/o load (bots).

Post claim delay botting only became problematic once you had NASA shells that were running two alliances when the amount of claimers is so high that the random distribution of regular claiming attempts could be inefficient enough to be noticeable.
    Please direct me to where I made numbers or justified doing it. Because the entire point of the post is literally that we can't math it out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You: we have no numbers, the only thing we can do is make them up.
    Me: Don't say dumb shit like that because making up numbers is fucking dumb.
    You: Show me where I made up numbers.

The argument you think you're having is not the one I'm having.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't have time to dig through a bunch of posts. i'm sure there's more but here's a few

your post implies bots had an insane advantage for claiming (it's not as significant as you'd cry)

draylo's post literally says 75 era bots blocked you from content. no other way to digest it.

you aren't cute, but keep trying.
    No, it doesn't, my post implied they were a definite problem. As well as a response to your 'botting is x times worse' now comment too. If you get that they had an insane advantage from that, then that is you reaching, again.

I can't speak for Draylo's post and what he exactly means by "blocked others from content". Although, after how you make everything out to be. I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't literally what it means despite being literally what you read.

Is repeating back what I just said to you part of manning up? Now that is cute. Congratulations, would you like me to write part of all your posts while you are at it?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So you're saying you saying bots having a '1000 x impact' is not saying that they gave an 'insane advantage'? Would really hate to see your verbage if they had a 2000 x impact. You said no one said it stopped them from doing content and I quoted very clearly you yourself saying it did and draylo saying it did.

You aren't worth replying to.

Your posts are pathetic. Your ability to white knight this game until your dying breath is pathetic.

Keep on chirping support for SE on how they've handled FFXI and how great of a game it is. Log on and do your 0 participation events, your daily mobile-esque handouts. Keep paying $4($17 total) more a month for a game that is 17 years old. You're probably in reality one of the people who pays for 17 mules though so you can collect the daily rewards on all of them.

Stop posting at me until you've posted something of substance. I have no idea why someone else hasn't told you to shut the fuck up yet. Half your posts are crying about how I'm insulting you and the other half are trying to twist mine or others' words.

Pathetic forum moderation not shutting this complete moron up earlier and pathetic discussion that isn't worth anyone's time due to a bunch of people shifting it to crying about how I'm insulting them.

You want to know why BG isn't as popular as FFXIAH for posts regarding FFXI? Because people allow people like you, draylo, LoH and kalamado to cry for 10 fucking pages about how I'm insulting you while you spew so much hateful shit that I haven't even gone anywhere near. People who actually want to discuss shit are turned off by seeing a bunch of nobodies insult each other.

No one fucking cares. Drop it or shut the fuck up

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So you're saying you saying bots having a '1000 x impact' is not saying that they gave an 'insane advantage'? Would really hate to see your verbage if they had a 2000 x impact. You said no one said it stopped them from doing content and I quoted very clearly you yourself saying it did and draylo saying it did.

You aren't worth replying to.

Your posts are pathetic. Your ability to white knight this game until your dying breath is pathetic.

Keep on chirping support for SE on how they've handled FFXI and how great of a game it is. Log on and do your 0 participation events, your daily mobile-esque handouts. Keep paying $4($17 total) more a month for a game that is 17 years old. You're probably in reality one of the people who pays for 17 mules though so you can collect the daily rewards on all of them.

Stop posting at me until you've posted something of substance. I have no idea why someone else hasn't told you to shut the fuck up yet. Half your posts are crying about how I'm insulting you and the other half are trying to twist mine or others' words.

Pathetic forum moderation not shutting this complete moron up earlier and pathetic discussion that isn't worth anyone's time due to a bunch of people shifting it to crying about how I'm insulting them.

You want to know why BG isn't as popular as FFXIAH for posts regarding FFXI? Because people allow people like you, draylo, LoH and kalamado to cry for 10 fucking pages about how I'm insulting you while you spew so much hateful shit that I haven't even gone anywhere near. People who actually want to discuss shit are turned off by seeing a bunch of nobodies insult each other.

No one fucking cares. Drop it or shut the fuck up
    Woah, there slugger. It isn't hard to understand that bots at 75 had a much deeper direct impact on player's gameplay than at 99. That isn't some crazy concept to understand, and I believed that was clearly what I was trying to convey.

Not that it matters because you just muddy the waters at any turn possible. In order to continue trying to justifying your bitter tirade.
    It is rather impossible to respect how you respond.
    It is rather impossible for you to "man up" rather than flounder around in response. Yelling "STFU, GTFO, everyone else is horrible!!!111Qqqqqq1!!"

"DROP IT! IM RIGHT!" Man, your playbook is so bad, Bellichick wouldn't even bother stealing it.

No one is crying. That is just the sound you are making.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I was very clearly talking about you dropping the tears about how I'm insulting you and others.

Much like anything else you post here, no one fucking cares.

i should really shut up

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was very clearly talking about you dropping the tears about how I'm insulting you and others.

Much like anything else you post here, no one fucking cares.
    Backwards. The one complaining about insults is you. It's where we end up when others call you on something. Every. Fucking. Time.

Also, I'm sorry, who are you? Certainly not someone anyone has to obey in the slightest.
    Not that I was counting. Who could, but how many times now have you have told people to "drop it", "no one cares", "GTFO", or something else equally pathetic?
    Guess you can't "man up" and take a hint that exactly as you just said, no one gives a damn.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

If I could play classic FFXI, which I assume is vanilla -> CoP, but still have trusts, I would do that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

roz ffxi required like 5 times more total exp to get to 75 compared to post-cop tho

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

One thing I miss and respected about FFXI now that I transitioned to FFXIV is the gravitas of crafted equipment. In FFXI, crafting was super boring, took ages to level and was incredibly expensive. But on the other hand, the items and equipment were extremely sought after and worth a ton of gil. Tons of BiS equipment are crafted. FFXIV crafted gear is good for the first week of progging a new raid tier, but after that it's worthless. Aside from glamor, furnishings, and cosmetic shit, there's nothing really highly sought after. There's no equivalent of Scorpion Harness+1 or Cursed Hauberk-1 etc in terms of equipment. I missed the fact that there were incredibly expensive drops from HNMs or BCNMs and having that 1% chance to HQ them and there being one of like 3 people on the whole server that had Smithing or Woodworking 100+3. It made it more special imo. I remember how prestigious Masterasia was on Ragnarok for being this omnicrafter (he had mules with capped crafts) and he made most of the server's cursed-1 and Sniper Rings+1 back in the early days. The dude had capped gil in like 2003.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    roz ffxi required like 5 times more total exp to get to 75 compared to post-cop tho
    I remember when they softened the EXP curve and capped 75 out at like ~43k or whatever. That said, it still took days or weeks to go 60-75. You could grind for 2-3 hours to get 1 level. I remember the days when 3k exp/hour was the NORM. Mobs being chained for 125-180exp/kill, with each fight taking about 40s-2min (because the main grind was BLM begins casting Freeze, Melee1 opens Distortion, Melee 2 closes distortion->freeze magic bursts for 60% of the target's HP), though back then the difference in DPS that each level gain gave you was significant, what with learning a new WS, getting a new JA from your subjob, or being able to wear a new pivotal piece of gear.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I remember when they softened the EXP curve and capped 75 out at like ~43k or whatever. That said, it still took days or weeks to go 60-75. You could grind for 2-3 hours to get 1 level. I remember the days when 3k exp/hour was the NORM. Mobs being chained for 125-180exp/kill, with each fight taking about 40s-2min (because the main grind was BLM begins casting Freeze, Melee1 opens Distortion, Melee 2 closes distortion->freeze magic bursts for 60% of the target's HP), though back then the difference in DPS that each level gain gave you was significant, what with learning a new WS, getting a new JA from your subjob, or being able to wear a new pivotal piece of gear.
    Man this was the worst but also best time for ffxi lol. I miss those days but also realize how unfun it was compared to the activies the game would offer later.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

First 75 was BLM burning skeletons in KRT with a BRD pulling....

I remember borrowing friends Peacock Charms and SH+1 for Maat's fight to give myself a better chance and if you were really OP, borrowing a friends K club to BW/SE on DRK.

Your boy calling your cell at 2AM when Nid goes to the last window and he had to wake you up to help claim on a school night and your parents are hating on you being up late.

I can go on for days.

No matter what the game brings, nothing will be like the old style FFXI when we all had tons of hours to put into the game without to many RL responsibilities weighing us down.