• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 119 of 124 FirstFirst ... 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Just got a shipping notification -- collector's editions are shipping like two weeks earlier than I was expecting.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Maintenance announced for Tuesday:
    On Tuesday, October 20 at 5 AM PDT (1200 UTC), Destiny 1 and 2 will undergo maintenance for Hotfix 2.9.2.2.

Players will be removed from activities at 5:45 AM (1245 UTC) and be unable to log in until 10 AM (1700 UTC).
    https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/statu...52345691496449

Also, for PC players, a big cheat website/tool/trash-bin (perfect aim) was sent and cease and desist this weekend (from what I've read, updates would break the cheat and they'd need to patch it, so this update should kill it permanently). There are obviously going to be new cheats and cheaters will find new ways to be trash, but any step that fights them is a good step.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

That was pretty cool

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

You can't deny Bungie knows how to make really good trailers..

..but a trailer doesn't mean much. The fact they (supposedly) have a three year plan gives me some hope, but Destiny's stories have been pretty much all loose threads that don't really go anywhere, so we'll see.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

people getting collector's edition already, thread with some lore and stuff on reddit

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/49669

DESTINY 2 HOTFIX 2.9.2.2

GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
    REWARDS
    Fixed an issue where rewards in the chests at the end of the Haunted Forest would incorrectly drop gear at 750 Power.

GAMEPLAY
    Added missing Korean VO for Nokris Interference mission.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    people getting collector's edition already, thread with some lore and stuff on reddit
    [cries in east coast]

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    You can't deny Bungie knows how to make really good trailers..
    Bungie makes trailers? I thought they just provide the assets. The Mill, for instance, made the Beyond Light reveal trailer.

https://www.themill.com/watch/case-s...-of-destiny-2/

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

This week's weekly update is going to touch on sandbox and balance changes, next week's is planned to talk about economy and progression changes.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

110 HC change doesn't mean much at the moment, will have to see and try it out to say one way or another.
    150/140 HC change is unexpected, but also expected -- because of how close their RoF was, the TTK difference was always going to swing hard one way or the other.
    600 AR change should have happened sooner, fuck ARs >.>;
    Scout and Rocket changes are whatever, doubt they're going to really change anything.
    Happy to see Mountaintop get a nerf, now if only Jotunn could see one too..
    Guillotine nerf is expected, but still sad.
    Arbalest's nerf is not what I was expecting -- it needs its AA toned down.

I like the adept changes, but inb4 "rich getting richer" complaints. Definitely gives an incentive to start playing Trials again, except..
    For our first round of Adepts, their infusion caps will be set to that of Season of the Worthy.
    So that's less than two full seasons till they're irrelevant?

And for you bounty hoarders, glad they addressed this:
    Most of your bounties will stay intact, but any bounties tied to specific Seasonal activities or content entering the DCV will be removed on November 10. Examples would include Black Armory, Gambit Prime, or Festival of the Lost bounties. Additionally, any bounties that grant progression towards Infamy/Valor may negatively impact your powerful rewards, as they will be limited to Season of Arrivals Power Levels.

120 HC will be good imo.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

My thoughts on most of it.

1) No opinion on HC's. Have to feel them out to know how good they are.
    2) Scout buffs, or lack-there-of, are disappointing but i guess a little extra stickiness will be nice...
    3) Rocket Launchers still bad
    4) Outlaw Buff is nice.
    5) Merciless buff (?w?h?o??a?s?k?e?d??f?o?r??t?h?i?s?)
    6) Fuck Mountaintop you won't be missed
    7) Falling Guillotine nerf was expected. I feel like they over-corrected it and now its "Just another sword", but perhaps not.
    8) Mida/Sturm changes seem small but still welcome.
    9) Ruinous Effigy nerf is confusing to me. Is there some exploit with the drain I wasn't aware of or was it a PvP thing? Otherwise I've seen no complaints about the weapon which would deem it needing a "Significant" Nerf.

No real opinion on Adept weapons, I guess its nice? I'll never own one to know but IDK how impactful +3 stats are and if +20 to something is worth -20 to something.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

The Gunsmith will offer a Mida-mini and Drang with no infusion cap, as they pair with exotics.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG.../?context=1000

Ruinous Effigy nerf was totally unnecessary and it makes me mad

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'm not happy about the nerf, but I disagree that it was unnecessary. The drain was a powerful, incredibly low-risk, AoE add clear. It was definitely OP.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I get the drain nerf but the aerial blast is confusing

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sorry I'm not trying to be adversarial here, I just wanna pick the brain of folks kinda-defending this some more because I'd like to discuss this a bit. You guys saying it was really good because you used a few times and found it to be powerful and clearing adds or was this meta-breaking on the level of like Izanagi's Burden where you were booted from PvE activities for not having it? I'm just trying to catch up on if I've missed some things. I know Fallen Guillotine was basically the All-Powerful murder machine and THAT nerf I saw coming.

But, the Drain command on Ruinous? If it wasn't Meta-Defining, If it wasn't a Must-Have Loadout Item that separated the haves and have-nots, if it didn't change how we tackle content and was a staple load-out item, then it had no reason to be nerfed. It was powerful sure, but not gamebreaking, a huge convenience and easy to use, but not OP as if add-clearing is a difficult task to begin with? I can understand Serra's argument to an extent that it was in fact a powerful AoE with "Low risk", but I refer to my previous questions. Being a powerful tool just doesn't seem good enough for a nerf if it never stood out enough to be mandatory/must-have, and was just a good choice.

I did remember something while typing so I'm including it, The ONLY thing I can think of is I saw the occasional "easy kill" tutorials for clearing mass-murder Bounties, using the Raid or that Death-pit in the Whisper Mission where you would abuse the AoE Drain for quick kills... and yah i won't deny it was really good at that specific task but there are very few places in the game where it worked and ONLY on low difficulty content. For the damage it deals the heal amount wasn't that good, in any challenging content you'd be killed in like 2-3 seconds regardless, it wouldn't be viable.

IDK, as I said, not trying to be adversarial here, I'm just still boggled it was even on their radar as I've heard literally 0 complaints about it.

Maybe Ruinous + stasis is op. Simple.

stasis slow increases dmg to those trapped right? plus the smash attach and stasis crystals shatter? Yea I could so this being pretty damn strong with stasis.