BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    If what they're charging isn't covering development costs they need to change their pipeline or charge more. If they're relying on expansion sales AND season pass sales AND Eververse to keep the lights on, then they're mismanaging assets. I'd be shocked to find out that Eververse revenue funds anything other than Eververse development. I guarantee if they killed off the Eververse store, put all those things in the game for free, and doubled the cost of the annual pass, everyone would still buy it.

And they have put game-altering stuff in there. There are ornaments that increase the effective range of the weapons they're applied to (hilariously). There's been buyable armor with random perks, ghost shells and sparrows with premium perks.

But all of this is beside the point of my original comment, which was to say that "hurr durr you expect them to work for free" is a pretty stupid rebuttal when you're already paying them twice to play the game.

Usually not that easy. Unlike games that can run off of just a cash shop like Path of Exile which were made cheap and cost little to keep running compared to many other games, Destiny 2 is a AAA that no doubt requires many times more to develop constant streams of content for with much more complicated backends to keep up too. There's 0 chance that things like the meme emotes and better gun skins cost whatever artists are needed to produce them more in man hours than they make in dollars in even a couple hours of being on the shop. Most importantly they're out to make as much money as they possibly can, and as long as people are willing to buy the cash shop skins they will keep offering them.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes View Post
    I read a lot of dumb shit about this game but this might be the king. Please, don't ever handle finances for a business or manage a project/budget. A revenue stream is a revenue stream. ALL sources of revenue must be considered and levied appropriately. Revenue streams are considered when deciding how to spend. It's always fucking hilarious to watch people get upset about bungie making money on cosfuckingmetics.

You could buy them with bright dust, the number of times the difference in range will matter is next to nil and finally,

What are these eververse only/premium perks you're talking about that could not be earned any other way?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The range thing was acknowledged in Serra's original post which is what demo was referring to

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    I stand corrected. One of them comes with the season pass. Point stands.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Not gonna address every point, but gonna leave this:

As some folks have smartly pointed out, MTX is a big part of our business being a live game. I'm not going to say "MTX funds the studio" or "pays for projects like Shadowkeep" -- it doesn't wholly fund either of those things. But it does help fund ongoing development of Destiny 2, and allows us to fund creative efforts we otherwise couldn't afford. For example: Whisper of the Worm's ornaments were successful enough that it paid [dev cost-wise] for the Zero Hour mission/rewards to be constructed (this shit matters!).
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48058

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

All Majestic Sets Complete

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I pretty much did the gear grind just for the ornaments... dang

The seasonal armor had much higher stats

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Weekly Update:
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/49454

Lots of information about the DCV, what's happening to activities, rewards, etc.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm going to speak some mild criticisms here (big surprise), please forgive me guys. if you click my spoiler you've made an active decision to listen to my opinion, don't be a salty bitch about it

Spoiler: show
    The content we're gaining doesn't seem to justify the large chunk we're losing. For perspective, we're gaining 2 Strikes(1 Recycled), 2 Raids(1 Recycled), and 2 Zones(1 Recycled), with 2 more Recycled Strikes coming "in year 4". We're losing Mars, Io, Mercury, The Leviathan and Titan, 7 Total Strikes and 5 Raids, and a FUCKLOAD of Exotic Quests, Story missions, and other content associated with those zones. Not to mention the Expansion is $40 not including the Season pass (which is "only" an additional $10).

Edit: Also, not to mention full on activities like the Menagerie, Forges, and such

Well, you guys tell me how it is when it launches. Unless they wow me between then and now I think will be a "wait and see" expansion for me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I'm going to speak some mild criticisms here (big surprise), please forgive me guys. if you click my spoiler you've made an active decision to listen to my opinion, don't be a salty bitch about it

The content we're gaining doesn't seem to justify the large chunk we're losing. For perspective, we're gaining 2 Strikes(1 Recycled), 2 Raids(1 Recycled), and 2 Zones(1 Recycled), with 2 more Recycled Strikes coming "in year 4". We're losing Mars, Io, Mercury, The Leviathan and Titan, 7 Total Strikes and 5 Raids, and a FUCKLOAD of Exotic Quests, Story missions, and other content associated with those zones. Not to mention the Expansion is $40 not including the Season pass (which is "only" an additional $10).

Well, you guys tell me how it is when it launches. Unless they wow me between then and now I think will be a "wait and see" expansion for me lol.
    I will also include all the new skill trees and gear that comes with the Expansion as content. I do agree it seems there is a lack of new zones, as far as exotics yes we lose the quests but they will be adding ways to obtain them.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I will also include all the new skill trees and gear that comes with the Expansion as content. I do agree it seems there is a lack of new zones, as far as exotics yes we lose the quests but they will be adding ways to obtain them.
    For sure, I'm happy they're at least adding some kind of quick-lore-less quests for them. I'd of even personally been okay if they just tossed them into the Exotic Engram loot table lol, it desperately needs love. That said, they didn't mention Drang and Mini-Tool which I hope they eventually address as they are pretty key to the Exotics in question.

We're also apparently losing both Whisper and Outbreak quests and honestly thats just a shame. Whisper is obvious as to why, but IDK why they're vaulting Outbreak but my guess is we're getting our old tower back and so us going through a ruined version of it doesn't fly for them.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Edit: Also, not to mention full on activities like the Menagerie, Forges, and such

That's because it's not meant to map 1:1. It's not about equivalent content. Anyone that paid attention would know this.

All this said, Nessus is my least favorite destination after Mercury. Wish they kept Titan (which I love), or Mars which is strictly better than Nessus.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Whisper is obvious as to why, but IDK why they're vaulting Outbreak but my guess is we're getting our old tower back and so us going through a ruined version of it doesn't fly for them.
    Red War assets basically.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I've said this before, but it really feels like a lot of the game's problems can be traced back to the original contract with Activision. The DCV is a bad solution, but it is probably the least bad solution Bungie could come up with for the size of the game. If D2 had come out without a full reset with D3 on the eventual horizon, I'm curious how different the game would have developed.

Honestly, when Bungie split from Activision, they might have been better off starting over with a fresh foundation, but starting over for a third time and farming some of the same items again (for a third/fourth time) definitely would not have sat well with a lot of people, myself included.

As far as Outbreak, maybe they're retiring the farm? But then again, it uses a lot of the same assets as the EDZ, so maybe not..

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

they are vaulting farm

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I've said this before, but it really feels like a lot of the game's problems can be traced back to the original contract with Activision. The DCV is a bad solution, but it is probably the least bad solution Bungie could come up with for the size of the game. If D2 had come out without a full reset with D3 on the eventual horizon, I'm curious how different the game would have developed.

Honestly, when Bungie split from Activision, they might have been better off starting over with a fresh foundation, but starting over for a third time and farming some of the same items again (for a third/fourth time) definitely would not have sat well with a lot of people, myself included.

As far as Outbreak, maybe they're retiring the farm? But then again, it uses a lot of the same assets as the EDZ, so maybe not..
    Exactly. The option is pmuch vault or start developing D3. Idk why people have such a hard time understanding this.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I don't have a problem with vaulting itself, not really anyway, more that whats loss doesn't seem to be gaining us anything extra, its just a sheer net loss, and a very large net loss at that. but thats on me for expecting that because I don't think they ever set up the expectation that this would give them room to add more content than usual per expansion, just simply "We're hitting a cap, in order to add more, we have to remove some".

As far as the size of the game getting "too big", Its gotta be mostly in graphics/asset quality/detail right? Cause the game isn't THAT big. I mean, most of ya'll play XIV right? XIV is literally unarguably a larger game in size and scope, as well as content even if that content is spread across many many levels... its not even an Ugly game, its less detailed but still graphically stunning. I understand the devils in the details for these things.

If they had built the game ground up with the idea of a large expanding universe, ala an actual MMO, do you think they'd of been capable of making a larger game that wasn't taking up so much space on hard drives? It'd look a little bit uglier, since thats likely where the thiccness of this game comes from.

I'd EASILY accept a Destiny 3 reset if it meant they could start with a much more solid foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    they are vaulting farm
    This is probably the least surprising thing to be vaulted. They really did let that place rot and die.

Haven’t played in years, but is FFXIV on console still a thing?

I imagine being “too big” is a console limitations issue.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    Haven’t played in years, but is FFXIV on console still a thing?

I imagine being “too big” is a console limitations issue.
    I haven't either, but I thought it was still on Bone1 and PS4.

Edit: I wouldn't take googles word at face value, but according to it, FFXIV is still available on: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows, Macintosh operating systems

Edit2: I'd also like to point out the absolute monster hog that is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019, which is a 200GB game, where as D2 right now is around 165GB. This is also the part where I mention that I believe the reason they gave us was also that the game was becoming unstable because of its size, so more bugs were popping up, etc. (Which is why in a previous post I mentioned I'd accept Destiny 3 if it meant a more stable game foundation)