Closed Thread
Page 7 of 124 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Would be awesome TBH I'm broke AF and not sure when I'd have the money... also not even sure where a Tattoo parlor is around me lol.

Thanks, definitely figured it'd take more than one phase because of those Damage boosting mechanics, we're just testing the waters for the most efficient progress post Lunaf/Bar nerf.
    I’m not rolling in dough either, so I’m in no rush to get this done. I just thought it would be a neat thing to since some of us have been playing Destiny together for like 5+ years now

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Raid spoiler..
    Spoiler: show

#worldsmostrecent

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Grats on top 75, and 3/4th PS4!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Grats on top 75, and 3/4th PS4!
    *175 Raid Report is being unreliable right now. PS4 stat may be correct, though.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

You have one of the fastest clears, though.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    They could have done the D1 thing where an optional item would boost players to the current power level or players could experience the story fresh.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Speaking of which, I'm off to Australia for 2 months in mid November. I'm probably going to take a surface and give feedback on what Stadia is like over Australia's shitty speed and pings.

How do the points work in the instanced Nightmare Hunts?

I keep seeing "Champion: Platinum" or something like that, but haven't seen anything come from it.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Greedouw View Post
    How do the points work in the instanced Nightmare Hunts?

I keep seeing "Champion: Platinum" or something like that, but haven't seen anything come from it.
    I assume we will learn more as the higher tiers release.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Atheon cheese discovered for phase 3 Concentrated Mind. If you throw a smoke grenade in front of the dick wall hallway, the Mind will focus on the grenade and drop off the map.
    https://youtu.be/93NzBRwGvYg?t=1916

In the GB quick look, it appears Crota also focuses on the grenade.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Going to be working on these throughout the day when I can, but no promises.. for some reason I'm exhausted >.> <.<;

Encounter 1

When you enter the raid, kill a bunch of adds to activate the gate to enter the Black Garden and then run to the first encounter (looks like the arena of the final fight in the original D1 campaign). The first encounter wants you to open four doors while preventing the boss’ insta-wipe mechanic from going off. It introduces three elements used throughout the raid -- Voltaic Charge, Angelics and Shielding, and Tethering.

In the middle of the arena will be the boss molesting a Minotaur. Killing the Minotaur starts the encounter, but also makes the fight harder (you can use a finisher on the Minotaur, which, while funny, is also not recommended). On the right side of the arena is a Vex door shield. There will also be a floating cube in one of three positions and a cross-like object close to the door. If you shoot the cube it opens up and will tether someone close to it within line-of-sight. That person can then tether someone close to them, and so on. The tether is normally white, but will turn red-ish-orange if you near its limit. While you're tethered you cannot shoot or use abilities (not important now, but will matter in later encounters). The goal is to use the tether to connect the cube to the cross. The first one can be done with three people, but four makes it easy.

Once the door goes down, that starts the encounter. Break up into two teams of three. Team 1 will go through the door and see the next door that needs to be opened while Team 2 will stay with the boss. Team 1 will have a bunch of adds, a Cyclops (possibly two, I can't remember..), and a named Quantum Minotaur. I believe the Minotaur is just there to mess with you, but I can't remember for sure. The initial goal is to kill the Cyclops which will send two Cyclopes back to Team 2 in the initial area. Be sure to announce when the Cyclops dies as having one spawn on you unexpectedly can lead to expected badness. After Team 2 kills their Cyclopes, a named Hydra enemy, the Angelic, will spawn. Kill this quickly and then look around for another one of those cubes. Like in the initial area, the goal here is to tether from the cube to the cross to open the door.

For Team 2, adds will spawn in two sets. There will be an initial wave of adds and then a wave with Minotaurs. When the Minotaurs spawn, the boss will also start to move. It'll randomly go somewhere in the room and shoot out a white cube-ish-looking thing of energy (I believe it also does one like 30 seconds after the encounter starts, so be aware of that as well). If you leave this sitting there, it'll wipe the encounter. One person needs to run into the energy which will pick it up and give that person a debuff called Voltaic Overflow. This debuff is on a timer and if you pick up another charge, it'll kill you. There's nothing that happens if the timer reaches zero, it is just there to prevent you from picking up another charge too quickly. Also, multiple people can get the debuff if you run through it at the same time, so make sure you have an order in place beforehand. Essentially you have to get everything I've talked about to this point done in three energy drops.

After the Team 1 opens the second door, the boss will leave the initial area and go down to the second door. At this point, Team 2 needs to leapfrog Team 1 and the two groups will switch roles -- Team 2 has to kill a Cyclops, deal with the Minotaur, kill the Angelic, and connect the cube while Team 1 is now in charge of collecting Voltaic Overflow and dealing with the two Cyclopes that spawn. After the third door opens, the boss leaves again and Team 1 leapfrogs Team 2 and moves to the next area. Repeat the process again, but in this area, there will be three locks on the door. Unlock the first lock and the boss will leave (when you are facing the door, I believe it is the one to the right). At this point, Team 2 needs to come up to join Team 1 and you can unlock the last two locks.

When you unlock the fourth door, run into the next area and you'll see a field of Cyclopes. The boss will put down three or four energies and you will need to run and collect them while dodging/killing the Cyclopes. When you collect the last energy, the encounter ends and you get your loot.

After this there is a jumping puzzle to the next encounter where you can find a secret chest. When you fall down a hole, go to the left side, and near a platform going up and down, there will be a small hidden room.

Is Darci a good option for Raid Load out Serra? I noticed you using it. Or should I go with Izanagi like everyone else

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

v2.6.0.3 is now available and Heroic Nightmares are a thing. Also, PSN 7.00 is live with expanded remote play support and improved voice chat (16 person parties & text-to-chat).

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Is Darci a good option for Raid Load out Serra? I noticed you using it. Or should I go with Izanagi like everyone else
    I think Izanagi was good when people were under-leveled and it helped one-shot cyclopes and angelics, but I don't think it's worth it anymore for the damage to ammo trade-off. I could two-shot a cyclops with my 90 RPM sniper, and you saw how I was struggling with ammo during that final encounter.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So I've been working on a few exotic quests in a slap dash manner but they're pretty time consuming, so I'll just ask this: is there any list of exotic quests I should be focusing on specifically from Forsaken and before? Already have Mastercraft Whisper of the Worm and the MIDA Multitool

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Encounter 2

This encounter introduces a new mechanic, the enlightened buff and shielded enemies. The arena for the encounter is shaped like a diamond with larger areas at the four points (they have names, but we just numbered them 1-4).

The goal of this encounter is to claim the four points, defend them to open up the middle of the arena, and then defend the middle area. Where you start will be a Vex conflux with three Vex around it which will sacrifice themselves once the encounter starts. You can start it by either running down one of the legs or by shooting one of the Vex. If two Goblins or one Minotaur (these numbers might be off) sacrifice, it will wipe. I think you can reset the sacrifices, but I'm not 100% sure on that. On top of the conflux is another cross structure and if you go towards the middle of the arena, there will be a cube device which opens up when you kill an angelic (same as the first encounter). On the left and right of the area are two portals which turn on later and connect to the adjacent areas (so area 1 is connected to 2 and 4). Each of the four sections around the arena is more or less the same as this.

You want to break up into two teams, a team of two and a roaming team comprised of the remaining four. Within the team of two, you need one person to be designated as the person who will remain at area 1 and one who will eventually travel to area 2. In the roaming team, you similarly want to designate one person to remain at area 3, one to remain at area 4, and then have the last two designated as roamers.

So when the fight starts, the team of two will defend the conflux at area 1. Adds will come from the middle and the two side legs. Eventually adds with white shields will start to spawn. To break these shields you need an enlightened buff which you get from being in the energy chain from the cube to the cross on top of the conflux (you only need two people to do this)(this is also what might reset the wipe counter, but again, I'm not 100% sure on that). I believe the buff lasts forty or forty-five seconds and it can be reapplied at anytime. Like the last encounter, you can't do much while tethered to the cube, so make sure there aren't adds around.

Meanwhile, the roaming team will pick a leg (doesn't matter which, just that you all travel together) and go down it. When you arrive at a new area, there will be lots of adds to kill and some combination of an Angelic and one or two champions (I can't remember which exactly). You either have to activate the cross on the conflux at the new area or clear the champions, I can't remember which, to activate the portal between area 1 and 2. When the portal opens, the person designated to travel to area 2 will go through the portal and take up the role of defending area 2 while the roaming team will travel down the leg to the next area. Whenever area 1 is clear, the person there should also go through the portal so the people at area 1 and 2 can reapply their enlightened buff using area 2's cube and cross. The roaming team repeats what they're doing at area 3, but this time a person from their group stays behind and only three people go on ahead to area 4. If that person needs to reapply the buff, he or she goes back through the portal to area to 2 to get it. The roaming team repeats at area 4 and then the person designated takes up that defense. At this point the defenders become stationary while the two people who do not have areas bounce between the areas as necessary (I recommend one person goes to area 1 and 2 to assist and reapply the buffs and the second does the same for area 3 and 4).

Eventually three Angelics will spawn at one of the areas and seal off the cube. The two roamers should head to that area to help kill the Angelics. After all three are dead, the process repeats at another area, and then another, and then the last. During all this, the defenders need to continue preventing adds from sacrificing, keeping their buffs up, etc. Once all four areas have defeated their Angelics, the walls to the middle area will fall and everyone should run there.

At this point, the fight is about survival -- you just need to kill Vex enemies until the fight ends. There will be shielded enemies, but there is a cube and a cross in the middle of the area, so you can reapply the enlightened buff as needed. Just survive long enough and you'll finish the encounter and get loot.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Encounter 3

You finally get to kill the boss from the first encounter! And that one strike in D1.. And who we'll probably fight again sometime.. It is called the Undying Mind for a reason. Anywhoo~

This encounter takes place in the same arena as the last one and introduces (reintroduces? steals?) the mote mechanic which will come into play in the next encounter. The goal of the encounter is to collect enough motes (bank those motes, Guardian!) to trigger a damage phase while also preventing the boss' wipe mechanic from the first encounter.

Break into two teams, a boss team and a gambit team. To start the encounter, there will be another one of those cubes down one of the hallways. Chain the energy to the middle cross to spawn the boss in. The boss will be floating in the middle of the arena for a bit, but then will eventually go down one of the hallways. When it reaches its destination, like the first encounter, it will shoot out an energy cube which will wipe the attempt if it is not picked up in time. The boss team needs to follow and have one person pick up the energy, and like before, make sure only one person is nearby when picking up the energy. This time, when the energy is picked up, the boss will put a detainment bubble around the person (like Atheon) and then prepare an attack that will one-shot the person in the bubble. To prevent this, you need to shoot glowing eyes on the boss' wings. If you face the boss, you'll notice it has these spinning wings (think of Harpy wings). There are three wings and on each wing are two glowing lights (for a total of six lights). The people on the outside will see all six glowing red, but only three will be glowing red for the person detained. The detained person has to call out to shoot the inside or outside eyes (on each wing, the eye closest to the center of the boss is inside, the one farther from the center is outside -- it is always the same on all three wings). I've heard some people say have the detained person always shoot the top, but we just assigned a position to each person and always shot that one. If you do it correctly, the boss will be staggered and the detained person will be freed with the voltaic charge debuff. The boss will then go back to the middle of the arena for a bit then repeat the process. If you time it right, you should trigger a damage phase before the boss does this a fourth time, but if the other group is taking too long, you might need to use deaths/raises to adjust (if a person picks up the energy while they have the debuff, they die, and then they don't have the debuff and can pick it up again).

While the boss group is dealing with the boss, the gambit team.. ..needs to play gambit. Minotaurs will spawn in the middle of the arena that will drop five motes when defeated. Have one person pick up the first set of motes, then look for the active conflux to deposit them (I think the game shows a message on the bottom right, I don't remember much beyond that). The person takes those five motes, deposits them, gets an enlightened buff, and then has to defend the conflux from adds that are trying to merge with it. If they merge, you lose motes which will extend the fight (and maybe wipe you?), so be on top of that. You need to deposit thirty motes to trigger a damage phase, and I've heard that depositing motes in a five-ten-ten-five pattern works really well, so that's what I'm recommending.

Once the gambit team has deposited enough motes, the boss will be drawn to that conflux. Everyone needs to rush over to that position (the boss team can more or less follow it) and get ready for damage. The boss will open up and have a lot of red eyes. Destroy all the red eyes and the boss will open up its core which is where you do damage. When the boss opens up, it also starts prepping a wipe mechanic, so you need to do a lot of damage quickly to stagger it. If you do enough damage, the boss staggers, and then starts retreating down the hall back to the center of the arena. During this time, you can chase it and keep doing damage. When it reaches the center, things resets and you go back to your original roles. I believe you get three or four attempts before the boss enrages and presumably wipes the encounter. If you do enough damage, you beat the boss (for now..) and get loot.

After this is another secret chest (when you initially start climbing some flower pods, look for an opening to the wall to the left to go inside a hollow tree(?) and the chest will be in there) and then the final encounter~

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I think it's being implied that Ikora is building her own Vex gate. There is a new tower addition in front of her area.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 124 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast