• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    A Cardinals/Nats NLCS and Rays beating the Astros tomorrow would be amazing!
    Careful what you wish for, Remember 2003 how hyped we all were to get the Marlins in the WS only to lose in 6 games. If the Rays win tomorrow they would have beaten the Astros in 5 games with Verlander/Cole starting 4 of those games, That's scary shit and makes them incredibly terrifying. Honestly the more I think about it if the Astros win the Yankees have a really good chance of cleaning them up in 5 games. Greinke in Game 1 I think the Yankees are going to kill, G3 would be Cole in Yankee Stadium a very loud one at that and then they would have to throw crap in G4 with G5 going to Greinke again as I doubt they would make Verlander pitch on 3 days again.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    While yes this definitely sucks for the Braves maybe this is actually a good thing, like Aky saying Snitker may get fired. Having your ace start game 3 is stupid. And while I didn't watch every single Braves game during the season I can recall Dallas K. not being all too great so having him basically penciled for two starts is stupid.

To me Game 4 was worse. Multiple chances to put that team away and you couldn't get it done. Twice bases loaded and no runs. They just haven't been playing very inspiring baseball. And while I don't think Acuna's actions cost them game 1 it's a pretty big issue overall and that shit needs to get fixed ASAP or get rid of him. Just my 2 cents.
    I don't think getting rid of Acuna and his talent is an option. It's not like a Yunel Escobar option where's he's decent, but not great enough to keep. I feel like it'll be something he'll fix. He's still very young.

Snit should absolutely not have a managing job next year, but he will, because they're too afraid to get rid of him for whatever reason. They need a culture change with the managing, and this player's coach ain't cutting it. Or at least not his style.

Yeah, game 4 to me was infinitely worse, as soon as we lost that to Yadi, I knew it was over. Also not Starting Soroka game 1 so they could start him game 4 was beyond idiotic, plain and simple. Oh well, it is what it is.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Acuña could never run out a double in his career and I'd still want him on the team. "Mike Trout BUT he has pimped what he thought would be homers a few times." Yeah, I'm fine with that, dude is 21. It isn't out of laziness, just too much extra swag at the moment.

I'm torn on Snitker. He is NOT a good strategic manager and all of those little advantages are necessary in the playoffs. But plenty of other poor strategic managers (Dave Roberts?) have stuck around and improved.

I'm not going to overreact to a 5 game series loss. We had the talent of a 90+ win team with most of our best players in their early 20s. Keep Snit around because the players like him and we have a good culture in place. One or more of those long flyouts in game 1 become homers and we aren't even having this conversation

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Acuña could never run out a double in his career and I'd still want him on the team. "Mike Trout BUT he has pimped what he thought would be homers a few times." Yeah, I'm fine with that, dude is 21. It isn't out of laziness, just too much extra swag at the moment.

I'm torn on Snitker. He is NOT a good strategic manager and all of those little advantages are necessary in the playoffs. But plenty of other poor strategic managers (Dave Roberts?) have stuck around and improved.

I'm not going to overreact to a 5 game series loss. We had the talent of a 90+ win team with most of our best players in their early 20s. Keep Snit around because the players like him and we have a good culture in place. One or more of those long flyouts in game 1 become homers and we aren't even having this conversation

bargaining? asking for a friend

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post

I will

because it's years and years and years of postseason ineptitude that's gotten to me. yeah obv those teams aren't this team, but this team did exactly what those teams did; flame out in the first round and accomplish nothing. i'm tired of it, and Snit's gotta go.

also B Mac retired. what a way to go out.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Strasburg getting shelled

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

1st innings are hard.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    bargaining? asking for a friend
    I went through the first four stages after the second run scored in the first inning when I shut it off

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

y i k e s

GATTACA!

BG Level

What's with all the trash dubstep in the dodgers stadium? Kind of conflicts with the organist

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ah shit here comes post season Kershaw

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fuck The Dodgers

GATTACA!

BG Level

NATS omg

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

well this is interesting

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Fuck yeah suck it Dodger's

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I would prefer not to.