• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 80 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

A lot of his “supporters” on social media are in there 50’s. And they themselves haven’t watched a Cherry show in years.

Glad to see more and more people supporting the firing. Dude is senile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If they try and go after Ron afterwards like "OMG YOU DIDN'T STOP HIM!" like i saw some fallout saying to do, then it'll be too much.

As for Cherry, Coach's Corner was usually *pee break* or change the channel anyway. I get that he's (was?) an icon, but I've said every trade deadline that i'd love a tv trade of Don for Pierre straight up lol

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Ron already made a public video apology for not noticing/speaking up when Don went too far in his rant, nothing will happen to him.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

People are soft nowadays. What he said wasn't that bad (especially compared to other instances of his), they just used this as an excuse to get rid of him - something they probably should have done years ago but never had the balls to do so.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Twixbars View Post
    People are soft nowadays. What he said wasn't that bad (especially compared to other instances of his), they just used this as an excuse to get rid of him - something they probably should have done years ago but never had the balls to do so.
    nah, his comments directly targeted immigrants and were completely off base. Also, there is no "being soft" in regards to racism. idc if you are only a little racist or full on racist, it's never acceptable and should be shut down immediately. He got fired because he refused to even apologize for it. This is just the first time he targeted citizens with his racist speech instead of his normal targeting of foreign hockey players.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    nah, his comments directly targeted immigrants and were completely off base. Also, there is no "being soft" in regards to racism. idc if you are only a little racist or full on racist, it's never acceptable and should be shut down immediately. He got fired because he refused to even apologize for it. This is just the first time he targeted citizens with his racist speech instead of his normal targeting of foreign hockey players.
    People are implying that it was racist but, word for word, it was not. Stuff he had said in the past (over the course of many years) was directly racist and he should have been fired for those remarks. Whether you like his comments or not, at least he had the balls to stand behind his statement. I personally, would not want an apology from him simply because it is likely to be disingenuous and just a means to keep his job.

People are soft nowadays, a stranger's comments ruin people days and in extreme cases, their lives and it sucks. That's not to say any individuals here are that way, just the general direction society is heading in. Prime example is Twitter.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Racism is literally never acceptable and sitting by quietly, or "staying neutral" because someone was only borderline racist, is taking the side of the racist person. (you can insert bigot,sexist,religion,xenophobic,etc... for racist and the same applies)

People are not soft, for finally standing up and confronting assholes. People were soft in the past when they sat there quietly while someone was being a piece of shit, because they didn't want to make things awkward or deal with another person's problem.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I mean you can't blame Ron. He does his best but it's not his job to be his fucking babysitter lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Kuzy 2 goals tonight, 9 straight games now that a Caps player has scored 2+ goals.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    Racism is literally never acceptable and sitting by quietly, or "staying neutral" because someone was only borderline racist, is taking the side of the racist person. (you can insert bigot,sexist,religion,xenophobic,etc... for racist and the same applies)

People are not soft, for finally standing up and confronting assholes. People were soft in the past when they sat there quietly while someone was being a piece of shit, because they didn't want to make things awkward or deal with another person's problem.
    People are 100% soft for letting words ruin their day.

Standing up and confronting is a completely different thing and something that should have always happened (we know most sat quietly and let bullshit run rampart through society). The executives at SN who quietly got paid while letting him make numerous (far worse and directly racist/xenophobic) comments over the years should also face accountability. They just kept status-quo and get their checks til the viewers demanded otherwise.

People trying to blame Ron is laughable. He was live on air and jammed in a topic/rant that nobody in their right would have expected...especially on a hockey show.

Sorry for the derailment into politics.

That Caps streak of multi goal scorer's blows my mind, hope they keep it going (until they face the Bolts).

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I mean you can't blame Ron. He does his best but it's not his job to be his fucking babysitter lol.
    It is his job to be aware of what he's saying "and that's why we love ya" to though, with a big thumbs up. It was not a good look for him.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You're right, he should've slapped Don right in the 85 year old chops.

I mean, would've been a reason to tune in to the segment then?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

But in all seriousness, I dunno if SN had the same thing as CBC for him (since they inherited HNIC) where there was a 10 second delay before broadcast as a buffer of "Oh shit, Cherry's off his meds tonight!" where they could edit shit out, or not.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I heard 7 sec tape delay, but when I tried to look into it, they all said it was a temporary thing.

If he was indeed on a tape delay, that would mean everyone in the SN production booth was on board with what he was saying at the time, and decided to use ol Donny as a martyr.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Twixbars View Post
    People are 100% soft for letting words ruin their day.

Standing up and confronting is a completely different thing and something that should have always happened (we know most sat quietly and let bullshit run rampart through society). The executives at SN who quietly got paid while letting him make numerous (far worse and directly racist/xenophobic) comments over the years should also face accountability. They just kept status-quo and get their checks til the viewers demanded otherwise.

People trying to blame Ron is laughable. He was live on air and jammed in a topic/rant that nobody in their right would have expected...especially on a hockey show.

Sorry for the derailment into politics.

That Caps streak of multi goal scorer's blows my mind, hope they keep it going (until they face the Bolts).
    For what it's worth, Don was given a full chance to apologize and rebuke his statement, but chose to double down. His argument being "yes I meant new immigrants, but I meant the white ones too".

So I disagree that it 'wasn't that bad' like you think, but I do agree that the public outcry (which there was a LOT of) was what pushed SN to finally get rid of him and that it should have been done a LOT sooner.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

NHL 2019-2020 Season Thread - I cant wait for Tampa to dominate and then lose 4-0 again

I'm willing to bet that majority of people who were "seething with rage", "screaming", "extremely offended", "triggered" by Don's comments are also people who are devout supporters of PM Blackface.

Choosing to be offended by someones racism based on their political affiliation is peak hypocrisy, and peak 2019.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Don’t forget to add expecting an apology to your list of peak 2019. It’s laughable.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Elliotte Friedman
    @FriedgeHNIC
    There is word this afternoon that LA has informed Ilya Kovalchuk he will be out of the lineup for the foreseeable future. He is welcome to practice with the club, but he will not be playing. Obviously, more details as they occur.
    Hahahahahaha. Just burn this team and get the young guys in there already. Though won't be that easy since the Kings don't want to do too many call ups while the AHL club is doing well.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Don Cherry is a piece of shit.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Don Cherry is a piece of shit.
    Should see the amount of people defending this senile old man.

As a sportscaster he was horrible. He never really supported Europeans players, used the eye test as his form of data.

As a commentator for Canadian issues, he is outdated and uses poor words to get his points across. Time for this guy to get off tv and head to the dinner table with his rants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk