Closed Thread
Page 109 of 150 FirstFirst ... 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    But yeah, Macho Man Randy Savage shouldnt be able to compete in the women's league just because he transitioned 2 months ago

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    That’s Heather Swanson you deadnaming transphobe and she isn’t here to talk about her transition.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Color me surprised it took this long, and only Xno got it =(

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Color me surprised it took this long, and only Xno got it =(

I got it but I decided to suck the fun out of it.

BG Level

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I'm quoting this from elsewhere.

_____

There is a study by Joanna Harper on transgender runners' performance versus cisgender runners' performance that was published in the Journal of Sporting Cultures and Identities in 2015. This was the first-ever-study of transgender athletes, according to the Washington Post. The study showed that as testosterone levels approach female norms, trans women experience a decrease in muscle mass, bone density and other physical characteristics.

You can read the full study for yourself here. (Warning: this does open a PDF document!)
    You can also read about Joanna Harper and the research involved in Science Magazine.
    There are also additional studies that corroborate the first. As mentioned in this article in Cosmos Magazine:

You can read the full study for yourself here. (Warning: this does open a PDF document!)

Another study, called Sport and Transgender People: A Systematic Review of the Literature Relating to Sport Participation and Competitive Sport Policies, was published in 2017:

You can read the full study for yourself here.

To be clear, there aren't many studies on this currently, but this is the best data available on the subject. By contrast, there is no scientific (peer-reviewed) case to support excluding transgender athletes from competitive sports.
    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Not this fucking topic again.
    Don't fucking touch it.

you know what i havent had in a while? big league chew

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Gender and sex does not vary independently, I can say that because there is overwhelming correlation between genotype and gender. We also know sex hormones affect behavior.
    David Reimer is prime example of this.

Gender is not a social construct because it doesn't make sense, and while I realize a lot of truths are counter-intuitive this one is just ideology.

A lot of far left is rooted in ideology that is absolutely not science while claiming to be, see similar behavior with creationist, pretty sure that was the original point.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Makes zero difference to me and likely never will, but I guess the radical right is all about taking people's rights away so any excuse to do so works for them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

As long as they don't win political power it's quaint and silly.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

The fuck are you talking about Guartz?

The right is literally claiming climate change doesn't exist and neither do many scientific things because Jesus.

Get out of here with your projecting.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

The fuck are you talking about Guartz?

The right is literally claiming climate change doesn't exist and neither do many scientific things because Jesus.

Get out of here with your projecting.
    Yes. Two are not mutually exclusive.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    It's a double standard because progressives say gender is socially constructed, yet many trans progressives that successfully transition, transition to a gender that conforms to the same gender stereotypes they claim are constructed, e.g. taking testoterone to grow muscles/facial hair/gets a crewcuts, tatted sleeves; and transwomen who wear dresses and have long hair to look like a classical stereotype of a cis woman.
    No one is saying women aren't allowed to be traditionally feminine or that men aren't allowed to be traditionally masculine. People are saying that people should be free to express themselves within their personal comfort zone without judgment for nonconformity to gender norms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    The 1st amendment protects free speech. Unless you're threatening someone with violence or yelling "Fire!", there should be nothing you can't say. There are words that are extremely offensive and hurtful to say, but I don't think people should pay fines or goto prison for using them.
    Non-violent harassment.

Intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Fraud and perjury.

If I can call you a piece of shit asshole, I should LEGALLY also be able to call you he/she/it/xer/faggot/dick/twat/cunt or otherwise.
    You can.

To fine/fire someone for calling someone "he" when they would RATHER be called "she", is extremely detrimental to society. You can say misgendering is mean/rude/dick thing to do, but it should not be a crime and in some states it is (some countries too).
    Pretty sure you will get fired for calling someone a piece of shit asshole in the workplace as well. HR tends to dislike hostility and animosity in workplaces.

Legally censoring speech is incredibly, incredibly dangerous and a slippery slope, and if you can't extrapolate how censoring people from using pronouns to refer to an extremely small subset of a particular population with an infinite/unknowable number of arbitrary and subjective gender pronouns, then you are in for a surprise.
    No one is being legally censored for misgendering. They are being societally sanctioned.

Guess which one the 1st Amendment protects.

Hint: All three of the posters here with a law degree are on the same side of this question.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by guartz View Post
    Gender and sex does not vary independently, I can say that because there is overwhelming correlation between genotype and gender. We also know sex hormones affect behavior.
    I mean sexuality is also overwhelming determined by biological sex. The whole point of anti-discrimination laws are to protect people on the margins.

Not all those born male are attracted to femininity. Not all those born male identify as masculine

Gender is not a social construct because it doesn't make sense, and while I realize a lot of truths are counter-intuitive this one is just ideology.
    Gender as a concept is absolutely not a social construct.

Gender norms are. This is self-evident from the fact that they are cultural and time-period sensitive.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the consequences of that speech. If you called someone a dick or cunt and they punch you in the face because you're a dickhead you still expressed your right to free speech.

I'm beyond tired of entertaining the incredibly retarded talking point of "OMG PROGRESSIVES DON'T APPRECIATE DIVERSITY OF THOUGHT", so I won't even bother addressing it.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    Gender as a concept is absolutely not a social construct.

Gender norms are. This is self-evident from the fact that they are cultural and time-period sensitive.
    I suppose its true based on how you define gender norms. Still doesn't change the fact that majority of women rather be nurses then engineers and it's wrong to discourage women who want to be engineers or men who want to be nurses just as it is wrong to encourage women to be engineers who don't want it or men to be nurses who don't want it.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from the consequences of that speech. If you called someone a dick or cunt and they punch you in the face because you're a dickhead you still expressed your right to free speech.

I'm beyond tired of entertaining the incredibly retarded talking point of "OMG PROGRESSIVES DON'T APPRECIATE DIVERSITY OF THOUGHT", so I won't even bother addressing it.
    Pretty sure freedom of speech refers to no consequences from government.

Gred can probably correct me if Im wrong.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I wonder if thousands years of social oppression
    of women and thousands of years of male dominance has anything at all to do with that....

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I suppose its true based on how you define gender norms. Still doesn't change the fact that majority of women rather be nurses then engineers and it's wrong to discourage women who want to be engineers or men who want to be nurses just as it is wrong to encourage women to be engineers who don't want it or men to be nurses who don't want it.
    30 years ago that line was "women would rather be nurses than lawyers" and now the majority of law school grads are women.

So

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    I wonder if thousands years of social oppression
    of women and thousands of years of male dominance has anything at all to do with that....
    I dunno, look at Nordic countries, probably nowhere in the world is there more gender quality. Women still rather be nurses. Men still rather be engineers.

weird, like gender ideology is complete farce.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

it's wrong to discourage women who want to be engineers or men who want to be nurses just as it is wrong to encourage women to be engineers who don't want it or men to be nurses who don't want it.
    The former happens all the time.

The latter only takes place in the conservative nightmare where scheming libs funded by George Soros are using climate change as a hoax to gather money to fund a Muslim caliphate wherein there will be no Christianity, family, hetereosexuality, marriage, and all babies are aborted at 8.5 months.