+ Reply to Thread
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Playstation Vue Streaming service to end Jan 30, 2020.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019...aystation-vue/

Today we are announcing that we will shut down the PlayStation Vue service on January 30, 2020. Unfortunately, the highly competitive Pay TV industry, with expensive content and network deals, has been slower to change than we expected. Because of this, we have decided to remain focused on our core gaming business.

PlayStation fans can continue to access movie and TV content through the PlayStation Store on PS4 and via our partnerships with top entertainment apps. With 100 million PlayStation 4s in the market today, our community continues to grow and thrive. We will continue to deliver the best entertainment experiences across the network, along with other key gaming services, including PlayStation Now and PlayStation Plus.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Been using Vue since June 2017. The multiple price hikes since then have been annoying but every other service is generally missing something that Vue has or does better. Don’t know what I’ll switch to when the time comes.

Probably YouTube TV until next fall, if they have NFLN and Redzone by then I’ll be a happy camper

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    The multiple price hikes since then have been annoying but every other service is generally missing something that Vue has or does better
    This is the boat I'm in. Sucks. We'll have to try and figure out what we want to use next.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    Except this deserves its own thread.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    Probably YouTube TV until next fall, if they have NFLN and Redzone by then I’ll be a happy camper
    I looked earlier and they do not. Hopefully things will change though since it otherwise offers the best value imo

Sling has all the MLB/NBA/NFL/NCAA related channels, but no local channels and I've generally always had awful buffering whenever I used sling in the past.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

This SUCKS for us. There is a huge Reddit thread on it.

No other service is as good and has the options we want/need and we've tried them. The price hikes suck but we stuck around forever. If Playstation Vue was called just Vue, or Sony Vue, or not branded/marketed with PlayStation it would have been huge, this is a huge fail on their part.

We're basically being forced to use YouTube TV now, which is okay. We need YES, HGTV, ESPN and NFL Network. The biggest gripe I have with Youtube tv is that it doesn't play nice with Amazon fire sticks. We have two of them and love the remote. I know there's a way to get YouTube sideloaded or whatever but on the new fire sticks I couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried. This means I have to sell them and use my Chromecasts and operate YouTube from my phone which is just an awful interface.

Very sad.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think there is a specific YouTube TV app for the Fire now

Edit : yeah released end of September

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just as a heads up, YoutubeTV's app can now be run on your PS4. We ended up getting that one.

Vue ends in 3 days. Watch your DVR shit before it goes away!

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Also ended up on YouTube since it's the best option for my sports and stuff. I like the commercial breaks better. Not thrilled with the DVR setup but it's okay.