Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Not really. There were improvements, but I wouldn't call them significant. There's some huge overhaul coming, so maybe they'll do something about that then

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

The update for PoE got transformed entirely into PoE2, for those unaware. It was quietly announced last week (awful timing, not sure what they were thinking). It looks literally the exact same as current POE, graphics and UI...

Great game, but it was in dire need of a graphics overhaul.

D4 got me hyped to play Diablo for some reason, so I might jump in on the new season, starting tomorrow. I haven't played it since like season 2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Yep same. Going to jump into the new season and grind it out.

BG Level

Hit me up in DM because I don't know a single person that plays D3 anymore lol.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    I usually play every season on PS4. I'm not on plus though.

BG Level

Oh, I'll be on PC for sure. I can't even imagine how these games work on controller...is it smooth? How do you accomplish things like Sorc teleport?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Some builds are nigh unplayable on console because of targeting limitations, but the best build in all of D3 only works on consoles (DMO Energy Twister Sorc) so go figure.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The update for PoE got transformed entirely into PoE2.
    This is actually completely incorrect. The update for PoE is still happening, 3.9 being an enormous rework and expansion to the Atlas as well as improvements to the engine, and the next League is still on Dec 16th. PoE 2 is an entirely separate campaign which will come with an entirely new graphics engine and overhauled lighting/models/physics.

Also not sure what "quietly announced" is supposed to mean. They had an entire convention and press coverage around their announcements.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The update for PoE got transformed entirely into PoE2, for those unaware. It was quietly announced last week (awful timing, not sure what they were thinking). It looks literally the exact same as current POE, graphics and UI...
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    This is actually completely incorrect. The update for PoE is still happening, 3.9 being an enormous rework and expansion to the Atlas as well as improvements to the engine, and the next League is still on Dec 16th. PoE 2 is an entirely separate campaign which will come with an entirely new graphics engine and overhauled lighting/models/physics.

Also not sure what "quietly announced" is supposed to mean. They had an entire convention and press coverage around their announcements.
    I think he means quietly as his inability to scroll down.

https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/10...=1#post7278938
    https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/13...f-Exile-2-202X

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Guitarman#1453 if you or anyone else want to add. I'm still part of the BG guild somehow. if i can add you there's still a few people that pop on every once and again when i reloaded the game last week.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post

Of course PoE1 is still getting updated, but it was confirmed that PoE2 started as just a large update to 1 and they decided to scrap that idea and just turn it into PoE2. The video they have shown looks almost no better than PoE in terms of graphics / UI. And it’s announcement was strange being so close to D4, which is obviously going to heavily dominate headlines. They would have been better off waiting by miles. My entire PoE group that put 1,000+ hours each into it last year didn’t even know poe2 got announced until like 4-5 days after the trailer dropped.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Then they weren't paying attention because ExileCon was a huge deal and we've known about it for over a year, with major publications, some of which cannot be named, covering the event and the announcements including references to Diablo 4 and direct comparisons between the two, meaning if you were looking at news at all related to these games it would have popped up regardless. They even had a fucking countdown on the game's login page all month lmao. As far as the graphics not being different, you evidently haven't played in a while, cause the difference is enormous. Lighting, the way shadows react to spells and environmental lighting, animations and animation quality, the texture quality isn't even comparable. UI will always be the same between the two as a result of the two games being synchronized (both PoE 1 and 2 are the same game, different campaigns, new engine) however the UI was just changed not too long ago and there's really nothing wrong with it as-is. This doesn't even speak to the performance improvements we should see with large amounts of MTX and spell effects on screen. But I digress, this is a Diablo thread.

But as usual for Diablo there's no content to talk about rn :^]

I feel like PoE fanboys have a bad habit of overestimating how popular the game is. Saying "You should know!" assumes a lot, as if everyone visits their main site daily or frankly gives a damn about "traditional" gaming journalism. The smug competitiveness of the players is also perpetuated by the devs, both in intentionally having their convention so close to Blizzard's and things like the jab at the mobile scene despite doing the same fucking thing themselves. All of this, "Not an expansion, but it really is!" doesn't help.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh please. Assuming they set up the event specifically to shit on Blizzard is a huge reach and a pretty immature assumption at that. You don't plan and set up a fucking convention on the fly to compete with another company's convention. This was planned for far in advance of Blizzard announcing Diablo 4, and the announcement for 4.0 (and thus PoE 2) has been planned all god damned year, and it's quite ignorant to assume it was an intentional spiteful decision to announce this otherwise.

I play Diablo 3, I'm not a "PoE fanboy", but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize Diablo 3 was a horrific mess of a game with no content and limited dev support after their cash cow RMAH was stripped out, and I am extremely skeptical as to how much quality they're going to put in to D4 after the interviews I've watched. Besides all that, getting butthurt over PoE announcing their expansion at the same time that Blizzard decided to announce the first major Diablo project in over half a fucking decade is pretty petty and laughable, and spreading misinformation is always going to be met with corrections.

Stay mad, gamers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sure, it's nowhere the popularity of Diablo, but you can't say that PoE2 was announced quietly, lol

I'm not saying quietly, either. Just easily missable. Were it not for Proth gushing on Discord or the usual asshats on the Diablo board doing their "herpderp look what GGG is doing now!11" circlejerks, it would've slipped under my radar and I have no doubt similar would apply to anyone without considerable investment and interest in PoE.

Otherwise, I'm not going to disagree Blizz fucked up D3 and could've done a lot better with its treatment post-RoS. Being skeptical of D4 is a 100% valid stance to take. I'll only ask to keep the PoE shit to the PoE thread from this point forward since D4 is also still entirely too early in build to really talk about anything meaningful.

BG Level

It completely slipped under my radar, and all of my friends' too, and we all put 1,000+ hours into the game last year. I haven't touched it this year and don't keep up with any conventions. I check most big gaming sites regularly and didn't see a single thing on POE2. I only found out from some random Twitter post.

Personally, I think D3 was utter garbage and that POE was a much better game, but sorry, everything shown for POE2 looks the exact same as POE, which already needed hella help in the graphics/UI department.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text