BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is basically an MMO so no single player Julien

And yeah, one thing I forgot is I agree there's problems with telegraphs and things like collision detection etc. Plus with my game stuttering from time to time if too much suddenly happens on screen, it did get dangerous at times.

One thing I feel very weird about is them saying there are no regional servers, so that kinda sounds shitty for EU players?

I do agree replaying campaign feels like it would be a chore.

And yeah, forgot about the whole seasons thing - they're promising completely new content and storylines with each to keep players engaged, but we'll see how that turns out.

Early levels with rogue felt pretty bland too, but after getting a full bar of skills and specialization it became a lot more fun to play. I didn't go with any traps though, but things like dark shroud and shadow enhancement

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

So noticed pretty much every DC i've had except my very first one this morning has all been in a dungeon.

Have Sorceress up to 15 now, been going full lightning, though I do have frozen orb due to a piece of equipment, and the AOE capability on it so far has been nasty, especially with crackling energy.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Idk how they've managed to make a system with even less skill diversity than D3 but they've done it. Hoping this isn't the entire tree and it's just pruned down for the beta.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I doubt it but then again, this is the lowest levels of play, so it's slow, looks janky, and not much diversity available, and inevitable tuning. Then again, everything is always boiled down to a meta, with masses following.

What irks me most, right now, is just how bad the character animations are. It's almost comical how they sort of jaunt through the map, with no "umph" behind their animations.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Yeah, we can't even open the paragon menu, which is where I expect to see a lot of the build customization come from.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

There's no way this is the final skill tree. The level cap is 100 so, you'd pretty much have to take points that wouldn't affect what skills you have on your bar in order to use em all.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

These floor maps are directly ripped from D3, it's not even subtle with how the layouts of dungeons have a lot of the generation seeding(assuming these mini dungeons are random?) that are taken directly from D3 lmfao.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For clarification, my comment on skill diversity is related to how few ways there are to change spells. For example, in D3 you can change meteor into 4 or 5 different spells. In this one you can't change it at all. I'm not sure if paragon levels will let us do that.

Definitely hoping for it to feel better at higher levels though. Not a single spell that I tried made me feel powerful. They all feel like wet noodles in their current implementation (this is solvable with balance changes leading up to release as well), and aside from seeing what they look like I haven't felt particularly excited to unlock a new set of spells as a result.

Again, hopeful for this just being a beta problem.

Also I noticed that with the maps too. Most of the monster skeletons and animations are identical to D3 as well. I just did season 28 a couple of weeks ago so shit was still fresh in my mind and I was sitting there more than once feeling this weird sensation of deja vu/out of body "this feels the same". Those little sandcrawlers and the big green multi arm ghosts evoked this in particular. Those ruins with the green/blue fire are almost exactly like corvus/pandemonium as well. The horadric ruins are identical to the end of D3 act 2 dungeons, etc etc. right down to the layout of the maps and how the rooms are generated. Artistic continuity isn't a bad thing but it really does feel like the things were just taken and souped up here (even if that isn't what happened).

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Bro the Butcher str8 wrecked me rip

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Did they up the legendary drop rate for the beta? I have a full set of legendaries and I got them in about 4 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I've only seen 1 so far

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Environment, sound, graphics are all A+.

Combat system needs work. It doesn't feel like half my skills are hitting anything when they collide with enemies. C-

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

My only gripe is it seems mob level scales on a formula based on character and item level and my damage output feels like it's gone down significantly.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    My only gripe is it seems mob level scales on a formula based on character and item level and my damage output feels like it's gone down significantly.

my damage definitely feels soft as fuck

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That is another thing I can see becoming a problem. They're trying to turn an ARPG into an MMO; having the monsters constantly outscale you as you get gear upgrades takes away that feeling of "I just got this incredible max roll drop and now I am a god"

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Played to lv12 today on cold Sorc. Frozen Orb feels pretty great. Itemization is pretty meh. Generally had fun, but wasn't overwhelmed by the beta thus far. We'll see; impossible to really discern if it'll be a good game or not until we get into the endgame. I hope there are some real chase items here like D2; the upgrade/ancient/gem system from D3/DI are not awesome to me.

Why the fuck is the ult skill not its own keybind wtf...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Finished the final boss of act 1. That was a fun MMO style fight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Definitely had a bunch of legendaries drop when leveling. Also killed Ashava just now and she dropped like 3 and a cashe that gave me 3 more. But those legendaries don't feel too op and sometimes are useful just to extract their power.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I definitely see the Lost Ark vibes, and they have the ability to do large bosses and parties, so I would expect that to be a part of the end game grind. This could also lead to raids as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag