+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I'm sure they've crunched numbers too but initially I would think that if 20 dollar cosmetics were 10 bucks they'd easily double sales, but since they keep pricing them that high I guess not?

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    I agree when it's targeting current players, it's that FOMO trigger in our brains and they pray on that like mother fuckers...but it's also short sighted because new players coming in may want to buy those things too and if they aren't available you've now just fucked yourself out of potential sales. I'm sure they've run the math but it's math based on CEO/shareholder short sighted boosts instead of actually getting more $$ in the long run. Why make $1million next quarter when I can make 400k right now?!?!!!
    It isn’t short-sighted, at all. I included new players in the post and equation lol.

They have determined they will make more selling it to current players, immediately with a short window, than allowing it to be purchased at any point from current or new players down the road.

They don’t have 7 year olds running this type of data who don’t include such an obvious variable lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    It isn’t short-sighted, at all. I included new players in the post and equation lol.
    They have determined they will make more selling it to current players, immediately with a short window, than allowing it to be purchased at any point from current or new players down the road.
    They don’t have 7 year olds running this type of data who don’t include such an obvious variable lmao.
    What "math" are we even basing this off of, it's all just speculation. If you watch PirateSoftware's vid they realized selling the horse in WoTLk netted them more $$ then Starcraft2 which is hilarious but that wasn't a time gated FOMO thing. Also the battlepasses are the only FOMO and they could literally get around that by engaging player FOMO by charging $10 for the battle pass during the season and $20 out of season.

I'm sure they have tons of whales ponying up for the cosmetics in D4 but that's w/e since i believe the cash shop cosmetic looks are always there and don't vanish after a period of time? Could be wrong.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

not sure about Diablo but a lot of cosmetic stores do rotations without fixed schedules so there's definitely an element of "if I don't get it now who knows when it will be back." I've seen tweets like "such and such is back in the fortnite shop after 784 days"

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Did they ever add a way to track all of the quests you have completed or do you still have to use 3rd party sites?

D4 in the launcher is super weird, I patched it this morning and again and logged in but no season was pushed, now I logged out and getting another major patch pushed. I kept seeing "Diablo4 is playable now!" popping up over and over again on my PC like it was updating itself over and over again over past week

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

After playing with the live patch: it's good. Game should've launched in this state. Even the leveling experience is better w/ how much work they put into Helltides. Something as simple as keeping the new NPC placements from the PTR is an appreciated QoL decision that makes a big impact.

Playing Sorc again first and the changes here feel nice too, Frozen Orb slaps now. Been hearing very good things about Necromancer too.

Expanding on this new base could finally turn D4 into a great arpg just like it should be.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I want to check out the changes on one hand, on the other I launched it for a minute before work today and just looking at the game had me go - meh, I dunno if I even feel like it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's reasonable and I'm sure a lot of people feel that way. The result of how they decided to ship this thing and losing goodwill

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

i made it about 2 weeks after launch and likely won't play until the expansion releases and we have more story

at least they got the storytelling right this time around

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I tried it on the PTR and didn't get what was supposed to be so much better. Everything in the codex was nice for aspects I guess, but still building everything around the same boring ass legendaries. What do I care if they're easier to get or if the items have one less crappy affix on them?

Story aside, the only time this game wasnt awful feeling was the two seconds my rogue wanted the unique boots that leave a frost trail (forget name). Then I got them and the rest of gearing up was legendary/aspect dogshit. Wake me up when the majority of items you want are those boots.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

the new tempering system is nice, I just wish they would let you temper the uniques, losing two customizable affixes to run a unique rarely feels worthwile unless the unique is literally mandatory to make your build work, like Tempest Roar

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

think thats the idea. theyre like uniques in poe, cant craft or change them (outside of specific league mechanics) and you only want to use them when theyre build enabling or have a generic extraordinary effect (shako). ideally theyll go back and retool more of the uniques like they did with that thorns chestpiece for barbarian

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah I'm fine with them not being customizable if more of them felt worth the tradeoff but 90% don't

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It's not always about what's Meta or build enabling; sometimes, it's just for the fun/cool factor. If it's not one of those, then yes, probably best to re-design or keep it as a stat stick.

been a while since i played but sweet jesus whatever buffs they gave to necro pets + tempering stuff is insane. they are just shitting on everything, level 69 now been in torment since 60 i think and probably could have done it at like 50ish

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah I'm running minion necro as my main at the moment, able to get deep enough in The Pit to get the third tier of upgrade material. pro tip, if anyone didn't know, at the alchemist you can turn the top tier pit material into the mid tier, and mid into low, at a 1:3 rate. so if you can clear even just the first floor with it (61), you get 20 high tier or 60 mid or 180 low which is much better than running the low tiers repeatedly like a moron >_<

working on a barbarian as well but I gotta say I don't love having to add sockets/roll affixes/roll tempers on 4 different weapons lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Disregard this post. I'm an idiot and cannot read properly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag