+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

$60 patch.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

With lots of loot box advertising.

While they haven't announced a price yet, I don't foresee any real price point having it feel worth the product given. How they announce that will be critical. If it's full priced, or if those who own Overwatch get a discount. They introduced Arcade as fun new options and ways to play the game. It was limited and they left it to rot. All it would take to improve arcade is a slight UI tweak and less restriction on what modes are available at any given time and they couldn't even do that. One thing they still haven't learned it seems is fun modes do not need to be competitive. Some of people's favorite modes in Arcade are "Fun bullshit mode".

As for more competitive modes? I mean look at other games of similar types. They tried CtF and seem to give up on it quickly. They could add 12v12 1 life like Arena in TF2. It would be crazy bullshit, but that's not always a bad thing. Agree with above. They have shown no confidence they can balance workload between PvE and PvP content, or honestly even produce content at consistent rate. If OW2 price is ever $20 or below I may pick it up, but not for anything greater.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

OW as a whole was built well and can be fun, but I've never been a fan of their support after launch. Content trickles in so slowly. Originally, they said they put a ton of work into getting the E-Sports systems in place. Personally, I found it just felt like a skeleton crew was working on the game.

As mentioned, Arcade was never really expanded upon, ranked mode felt unrewarding with the same golden weapons being available year after year, and events just felt like a chance to get a new skin for a favorite hero. Whatever they call their game creation system seems fun, but then it falls back on their terrible interface to find a game.

I liked when new characters were added, and some of the new maps, but that was about it. Even events felt kinda lackluster since the actual event doesn't have much put into it. Archives and their stories, which I assume are likely dead now with OW2, and Junkenstein's Revenge felt the most fun I thought. Others were unique ways to play the game, but no reason they need to be events.

One feature I read about during Blizzcon that I'm excited for is playing games while searching for a game. If you try to do something that has a longer queue, say, queue DPS, it'll be really nice to hop into a custom game or something to pass the time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Rofl.. thread is so old, BG considers this a necro.

45 seconds in and Kaplan talks about "assembling the best team."

How are you still working on assembling a team???

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Blizzard Entertainment will reveal new details about Overwatch 2, focusing on the sequel’s player-versus-player mode, in an upcoming livestream. Game director Aaron Keller, who replaces outgoing game director Jeff Kaplan, will offer a first look at PvP changes coming to Overwatch 2 during the two-hour presentation.

The stream will air Thursday, May 20, at 3 p.m. EDT/12 p.m. PDT on Twitch and YouTube
    https://www.polygon.com/22430803/ove...lizzard-stream

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Forgot this was happening today:

Edit: I missed the first thirty minutes, but is it now 5v5?
    The push gameplay they just showed was definitely 5v5, but is that every gamemode..?

Edit2: The way they're talking makes it sound like the whole game is (they mention buffing tanks, so only one tank a team?).

Edit3: Yup, rewound during the break and it is switching to 5v5, one tank, two support, two damage.

First thought, it's going to kill non-shield tanks..

*cries in D.Va*

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Not really, if the other team only has one tank too. It changes strategies all around, not even accounting for new abilities for each character.

It's definitely not an inspired change worthy of the years this has been in development and the expectations of fans from OW1...but it's a change nonetheless I guess...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Let's be honest. The TTK with multiple tanks around (lolGOATS) made the game way too bullet sponge that turned into "Which team has their Q's available and who has more." So I'm indifferent with them removing a tank and doing a revamp. Something to fix some of the inherent problems with the game.

Doesn't matter to me though. I uninstalled the Blizzard Launcher back during HK Hearthstone debacle. So my opinion is null and void.

I wonder if OW1 and OW2 will still be compatible after all this. Removing one player would require so many balance changes to characters and maps.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I only had the stream on in the background, but there was a point (I think on the Brazil map) where it sounded like the old maps are not gonna be updated.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Not really, if the other team only has one tank too. It changes strategies all around, not even accounting for new abilities for each character.

It's definitely not an inspired change worthy of the years this has been in development and the expectations of fans from OW1...but it's a change nonetheless I guess...

I thought I responded to this yesterday, but apparently forgot..

It isn't really an issue of the other tank as much as it is a question of the other team's damage dealers. Take a character like Hog, how is he going to protect a team (I know there was a section where they talked about Hog specifically, but I wasn't paying enough attention)? His tank ability comes down to having a giant health pool that can eat up damage (combined with take a breather) and his hook to pull people to him. Shields are so important in Overwatch and tanks like Hog and DVa just aren't the same as tanks like Rein or Orisa. Whereas the latter can block damage and protect the team, off-tanks are more about doing damage and using their abilities to provide support to the main tank when necessary or peeling to protect the back-line.

I had the same thought. Other things they're adjusting is tanks give less ult charge, all healers auto heal and dps have movement speed changes. There is less reason to attack the tank now. What is going to stop dps from targeting other dps or healers? Slower tanks may even be a hindrance due to this. This will be quite a different game come release of OW2.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

At some point I question why they don't just downgrade the game to being "Everyone is a dps, but with a gimmick". It'd at least solve the queue time problem where no one wants to play healer.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Jfc if that's the case, then when they originally showed the reveal trailer they must have had near zero work done. This game and series is just straight not good enough for this kind of delay, I'm no longer interested.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Pathetic. Blizzard truly has nothing to offer. Hilarious to think that Activision is the better half of the marriage, but CoD is raking in the cash and has all the interest.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Had a feeling development was not as far along as many hoped when Kaplan said they were still assembling their team earlier this year, so not surprised.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Jfc if that's the case, then when they originally showed the reveal trailer they must have had near zero work done. This game and series is just straight not good enough for this kind of delay, I'm no longer interested.
    I still have some interest in it, but this definitely kills a lot of the interest that I had for it. I'll take a look at it when it comes out, but it will likely have to be amazing to pull me away from other games at this point.

They really dropped the ball with this and how much money it would have made them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag