+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Ironically the worst suffers from this is the people actually playing OW. The stopped doing content for OW until OW2 came out "to deliver OW2 in a timely manner." This would make it three years with zero content updates. Great way to piss off your already frustrated fan base.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Think about that. There's going to be like, 2 years without any content added to OW1. Hilarious.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Forgot all about them cutting off OW1, even though it still had the adoration from fans that they do not deserve. They killed OW1 and lollygagged OW2 development until they all but killed it anyways. Their ideas are stale, and it's only worse as time goes on and better team oriented shooters are released.

The rumored reasons for this delay also don't give me confidence that the team knows what they're doing if they're really so short sighted that they didn't think they'd have to heavily rebalance the current heroes for 5v5. There's only 24hours in a day, why would I give this team my time when they clearly aren't putting the time into their own game?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

What the shit??? Did you guys read the article? According to their source, the campaign, characters, and maps are more or less done, but they haven't done any of the balancing.

A few gems:
    “The thing they have not done is they did not consider reworking any heroes,” he explained. “For example, last time they showed the updates, the PVP sneak peak, they hadn’t even considered how McCree might be completely busted with a stun in Overwatch 2.”
    According to Metro, only after people told them how broken certain heroes were, they realized how much reworking of existing heroes has to be done.
    “It’s like the devs have no clue how their game works,” Metro blasted. “We know that, right? They know how to make beautiful looking games and maps… but in terms of gameplay they show time and time again they have no clue.”
    Like as soon as they announced it was 5v5 we had a discussion about the impact this would have on off-tanks. In what world do the devs not realize such a shift is going to throw the current balance out the window??

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yeah I saw those quotes, that's the only reason I got angry enough to post about this hot garbage. You're years past announcement, fans have been beyond patient with you, and you don't even have the foresight to hire a team for balancing? Or if you did, they're so incompetent that they didn't realize the dozens strong original roster would need balancing tweaks?

Why would I give them money for this? These quotes do not instill confidence in the team, and considering the source has gotten other things correct in the past, I'm leaning toward believing this and just nope-ing the fuck right out kthxbai

Don't forget the director also left a couple months ago. So even with all those issues they need to cope with a director change. Just seems like no one knew what to do with this from the start. Who knows what kind of higher oversight they had. This whole project has been a mess. I doubt even if it does release at a reasonable date that balance will feel good on arrival considering their history with balance changes in base OW.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have no doubt Metro has bits and pieces of the truth, but I have a hard time believing some balance changes is what's going to set this back 18+ months. Definitely some more going on. I'd wager large aspects of the game are having to be reworked to increase monetization opportunities.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    I have no doubt Metro has bits and pieces of the truth, but I have a hard time believing some balance changes is what's going to set this back 18+ months. Definitely some more going on. I'd wager large aspects of the game are having to be reworked to increase monetization opportunities.
    Considering some of the things that got pushed live in OW1 (invincible Bastion), I can't really see balance being the thing stopping them either. I'm wondering if the issue is due to compatibility with OW1. I don't know anything about game development, but it seems like it would have been easier to just make this it's own game, at least viewing it from a character adjustment standpoint.

Whatever the issues are, they need to get better about communicating if they want to attempt to keep people interested. I noticed IDDQD even stopped playing Overwatch in favor of GTA RP.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

OWL is actually a pretty huge deterrent against them releasing the game too early and patching all those bugs out later.

Also, remember, the game was 6v6 when it was revealed in 2019 and they announced the OW1 compatibility. We don't know when the decision was made to switch it to 5v5, but I wouldn't be surprised if the commitment to integrate both is something they would take back if it wouldn't result in a ton of pushback.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

There would definitely be pushback to not integrating it, I know the only reason I've picked some loot boxes here and there is because they said it would all carry over. If my skins were gone OW2 would be dead on arrival to me.

That would certainly explain why there has been "No work done on OW2 in months." They're busy trying to rebalance OW1. Because of changing to 5 players and being compatible with OW1 they have to not only balance but remake large parts of OW1 to fit 5v5. Considering the 5v5 change was just announced not that long ago makes me wonder how long they've been planning such a large adjustment.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by silverdragontyr View Post
    That would certainly explain why there has been "No work done on OW2 in months." They're busy trying to rebalance OW1. Because of changing to 5 players and being compatible with OW1 they have to not only balance but remake large parts of OW1 to fit 5v5. Considering the 5v5 change was just announced not that long ago makes me wonder how long they've been planning such a large adjustment.
    I think you're giving them too much credit. All this means is they wanted to try something new and put next to zero thought into it. These devs were better off making an entirely new game, but being tied to the OW meta/universe is holding them back. This game is sincerely flawed from a design standpoint a few years post reveal; as far as I'm concerned the game is in self prescribed dev hell and should be avoided at all costs if you value your time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Bastion and Sombra rework info coming next week during the OWL finals.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

bastion got a hat

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Torb's hat, of all things.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

With Overwatch 2 still in development, the series’ executive producer has quit Blizzard for what the company says is “some time off.”
    https://kotaku.com/overwatch-2s-boss...e-o-1847719663

Good thing there's info this week to distract..

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Is there a bigger game that is likely dead in development? Has there ever been a bigger one thats seemingly DoA?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Idk does Star Citizen count, that shit is never coming out

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Isn't it in early access preview for subscribers or something? I know Ive seen nondevs play it before

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag