+ Reply to Thread
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Looking For FFXI PC Beta Discs/ISO's and Other Files

Hello everyone, hoping that there is someone out there that may still have a copy of these laying around.

I am looking for a copy of the FFXI Beta PC discs. If you happen to have them laying around, or copies of them in another format, such as ISO, please pm me so we can talk.

Looking for both JP and NA beta discs.

We have secured a copy of every disc printed for FFXI now, thanks everyone.

Hello everyone,

I am looking to track down some older files of FFXI to try and source some debug information that may have been left in older versions of the game. The information I am looking for is useful for reverse-engineering the game for all kinds of helpful things such as the further progression of tools like Ashita and Windower, as well as the progression of private server accuracy and features.

Here is a list of things that I am interested in if you happen to have them:
    • Final Fantasy XI Beta Discs (PC) (NA, JP, etc. are all fine, any copies of them are ok.)
    • Final Fantasy XI Beta Discs (Console) (PS2, Xbox, etc. are all fine, any copies of them are ok.)
    • Final Fantasy XI PC - FFXiMain.dll / FFXiMain.pdb files. (See note below on this one.)
    • Final Fantasy XI PC - Any .pdb file in general. (See note below on this one.)

In regards to discs, I do not need the physical disc of anything listed, just a backup in a format such as ISO is fine. This goes for all things listed, including the console discs. I don't want anyone to part with something like a beta collection that has sentimental value so just making copies is plenty.

For FFXiMain.dll files, I am looking for anyone with older copies of the PC version. The file size will generally be the telling factor if it has the information I am looking for. Generally, the file will be larger than 3MB.

For .pdb files, I am interested in any .pdb file that is found within your PlayOnline, Final Fantasy XI, or Tetra Master folders. The main one of interest is FFXiMain.pdb, but any others are welcome too.

If you have any discs/files that meet what I am looking for, please send me a pm on here or contact me on Discord: atom0s#0001

If you have a FFXiMain.dll that you may think has debug information but are unsure, don't hesitate to contact me and I can check it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Been nearly a year since I posted this; updating to say we are still looking for the FFXI PC Beta (Japan) discs.
    Have every other copy of the game ever pressed to disc now.

Thanks to those that have reached out with discs.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The NA Beta version seems to be floating around. Did you get that already?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hey atomOs, thanks for all your work on FFXI. Are you still looking for jp beta discs? If so, I have them, but what would you need me to do?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Thanks for the replies guys. At this time, we did manage to track down a complete box set of the JP beta discs on an auction site in Japan and had a friend who lives there snag it for us.
    We now have every copy of discs ever made for FFXI.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma View Post
    The NA Beta version seems to be floating around. Did you get that already?
    Yes, we have the NA discs already.

Quote Originally Posted by edster105 View Post
    Hey atomOs, thanks for all your work on FFXI. Are you still looking for jp beta discs? If so, I have them, but what would you need me to do?
    If you do want to make a copy of yours, we're open to checking them out in case they are a different print of the discs.

As for what to do, any type of ISO creation program will work to make an image of the discs, then uploading those images somewhere.
    - Google Drive
    - Mega.nz
    - Dropbox
    - OneDrive
    - etc.

Tool wise, something like ImgBurn can do this easily: http://www.imgburn.com/

You can pm me the links to prevent issues with limits and nonsense.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Updated the main post, I am once again looking for copies of the FFXI JP Beta discs. I do not need physical copies of the discs, just looking for backups (ISO or any other viable format) to be uploaded somewhere and shared.

If you have images of other FFXI beta's, I am open to those as well, but mainly seeking the JP Beta discs.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What's your goal with this? Will it be something you'll be uploading/sharing?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    What's your goal with this? Will it be something you'll be uploading/sharing?
    My goal is trying to track down a certain set of files/information that SE may have left in place on some of the beta discs for more useful debugging on their end. Said information makes my life easier while reversing things in the client to further progress my own projects, as well as to help with other projects such as furthering private servers.

Depending on the compilers used across the various versions of the game (PC, PS2, PS3, Xbox, etc.) some data can be left behind, such as a .pdb file or a build of the game with symbol information left in tact fully. The main file of interest to me is FFXiMain.dll's symbols/debug information. (ie. FFXiMain.pdb, or FFXiMain.dll with all its symbol data left in tact internally.)

Me uploading/sharing the discs is not up to me, and instead is up to those who provide the discs if they want to further share them beyond me. And me sharing the debug information is pretty much useless for 99.9% of the XI community outside of anyone else that actually does any reversing work as well.

As of now, between all those that have contacted me, I have one file with debug information left in but I am always looking for others, as well as any newer file(s) that may be around that someone has. Having multiple files of different eras/dates/etc. helps cross-reference things for further reversing/analysis.

The beta versions of the game generally have a higher chance of this info being left in due to the nature of what they are for. So I have been mainly looking for those for the time being. However, SE has pushed PC retail versions of FFxiMain.dll with the debug information left in that I'm also looking for but have stated as much less publicly since I am only aware of 1 point in time they ever did it and I haven't seen anyone with a copy of the game still from that timeframe (Was sometime between CoP and Treasures).

But, I will open that invitation here too. If you have old copies of FFXiMain.dll laying around and it is bigger than ~2.8-3MB, I am interested in checking them out too for said information. Or if you have any old copies of PC FFXI that happen to have any .pdb files included, I am interested in those.

Updated the main post to reflect any useful file/disc that I am looking for.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This is probably not at all what you're looking for but I'm just making sure cause I kept all this crap from back when and I'm not 100% sure the Disc will just have the word "Beta" slapped on it or not, I remember playing the Beta, I simply don't know if I have that disc laying around but I did have these, the old Install discs for the original game + Playonline viewer.

Spoiler: show

(please excuse the terribly dirty Keyboard, I have two cats and despite trying to blow this thing out often, it gets dirty again within about a week and I dont have enough canned air)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Hello Karbuncle, thanks for posting. Those are not beta discs, but retail release discs. The beta versions do have the word 'BETA' or the full phrase 'BETA VERSION' printed on them, generally just above the disc hole.

I am currently not looking at the retail discs as the few copies I have myself, and others I have obtained have never had any data of use that I am looking for.

Thanks again though

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

According to my brother, the beta version of XI can pre-installed on an Alienware PC as a promotion way back when he bought that PC. So I don't think I have a physical disc... pretty sure we still have that computer but I sincerely doubt any Beta information is still on it, Sorry

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I couldn't entirely tell whether or not you were still looking for these.
    I do have a set from the NA Beta.

Spoiler: show

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Damn that looks clean.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Archain View Post
    I couldn't entirely tell whether or not you were still looking for these.
    I do have a set from the NA Beta.
    Hello Archain, if you don't mind making backups of the Discs and uploading them, feel free to pm me