Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Man, TV teddy ripped my heart out and I don't even like UNC. That broke me, I couldn't imagine what it did to North Carolina fans. That was an epic Refball. Peak Duke.

Hell of a day of basketball. The Louisville game came down to the last two minutes, the Auburn/LSU game was insane, then Duke/UNC. God I hope UNC crushes them at Cameron.
    Not a chance this year. This was their best shot. They'll always make it competitive, but this is one of the weakest UNC teams I can remember. Put them in Cameron and ya. Plus I think the freshman for Duke now grasp how fucking intense these games are. Won't catch them sleeping next time.

Is my DOOK showing?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Not a chance this year. This was their best shot. They'll always make it competitive, but this is one of the weakest UNC teams I can remember. Put them in Cameron and ya. Plus I think the freshman for Duke now grasp how fucking intense these games are. Won't catch them sleeping next time.

Is my DOOK showing?

I mean, Duke has lost what, 2 games in Cameron this season? They aren't unbeatable. I don't think Duke lead Louisville once in cameron. Maybe right after the opening tip.

If you watched that game and came away with Duke was sleeping, then you weren't watching that game. Duke won by just two with UNC not hitting a damn thing from the FT line and forgetting how to box out, Duke playing lights out in the final 10 minutes of the game, and the refs absolutely jobbing UNC in overtime. That UNC team is absolutely talented enough to take Duke in Cameron. I think once Anthony finds his role over the next few games, that team will improve. Louisville gets them in 2 weeks, I expect a dog fight. This is a team that did knock off oregon. They have top 10-15 talent. Wouldn't be shocked to see them in the ACCT semis or finals, putting together a Kemba-like UCONN run.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Man, TV teddy ripped my heart out and I don't even like UNC. That broke me, I couldn't imagine what it did to North Carolina fans. That was an epic Refball. Peak Duke.

Hell of a day of basketball. The Louisville game came down to the last two minutes, the Auburn/LSU game was insane, then Duke/UNC. God I hope UNC crushes them at Cameron.
    This LSU team absolutely cannot hold a second half lead, it is infuriating to watch

Happy with the overall record but it has been stressful

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I mean, Duke has lost what, 2 games in Cameron this season? They aren't unbeatable. I don't think Duke lead Louisville once in cameron. Maybe right after the opening tip.

If you watched that game and came away with Duke was sleeping, then you weren't watching that game. Duke won by just two with UNC not hitting a damn thing from the FT line and forgetting how to box out, Duke playing lights out in the final 10 minutes of the game, and the refs absolutely jobbing UNC in overtime. That UNC team is absolutely talented enough to take Duke in Cameron. I think once Anthony finds his role over the next few games, that team will improve. Louisville gets them in 2 weeks, I expect a dog fight. This is a team that did knock off oregon. They have top 10-15 talent. Wouldn't be shocked to see them in the ACCT semis or finals, putting together a Kemba-like UCONN run.
    Specifically, UNC coming into Cameron and winning ain't gonna happen. It's just an entirely different intensity level. When I said they were sleeping I meant more so they weren't ready for that moment. It's different.

Any other team would have a better shot at Cameron imo.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Specifically, UNC coming into Cameron and winning ain't gonna happen. It's just an entirely different intensity level. When I said they were sleeping I meant more so they weren't ready for that moment. It's different.

Any other team would have a better shot at Cameron imo.

An elite guard to keep Tre Jones in check seems to be what really pushes Duke. Vernon Carey gonna get his, Duke wins don't seem predicated on his production. But when Duke has faced great point guards that are long, it's flustered Duke. Derrick Thornton with BC is a good example. Great PG, sub .500 team, close game. Kevin Harris with SFA, forced Jones into all kinds of turnovers. Duke struggled against a really bad Georgia Tech team when Alvarado was healthy. David Johnson with Louisville absolutely ate him for lunch. Yeah, if Cole Anthony actually gets some help, they can absolutely go into Cameron and win a game. Nothing Duke has done this season would suggest otherwise. Unless UNC has completely mailed it in by seasons end, I suspect that it'll be another game decided in the final minutes. Doesn't mean UNC will win, but they certainly can.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I was born in Durham, raised a Duke fan. If there was ever a case of fan bias, hello nice to meet you.

The only time I'm ok with UNC winning is if it's in the NCAA tournament and every other ACC team has been knocked out so the conference is at least represented well.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

after losing 3 in a row, rutgers defeats maryland

should secure them a tourney spot

RUTGERS!

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

BADGA clinches at least a piece of the Big-10 title with a comeback win over Indiana today.

8 Big-10 teams are currently ranked.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

rutgers has beaten purdue, only their second road win of the year but helps the resume

first 20 win regular season since 1982

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My Noles picked up their first ever regular season ACC Championship today, pretty stoked.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Brutal day for the top 10. Baylor, San Diego St, Seton Hall, Louisville all lost

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    My Noles picked up their first ever regular season ACC Championship today, pretty stoked.
    Wow. That's cool. This is the least attention I've ever paid to a CBB season as I had no idea that was in play

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

BADGA finishes the regular season as 3-way co-champs with MSU and Maryland

but who gets the 1-seed in the tourney?

BADGA bitches

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

the Ivy League has cancelled their tournament due to coronavirus

regular season champion Yale will get their automatic bid (princeton for the women’s tournament)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Wonder if we are gonna get empty arena March madness

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Wonder if we are gonna get empty arena March madness
    Probably

Sucks

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Both the Men's and Women's games will be played with only essential personnel in arenas

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Big Ten Network says Fred Hoiberg is sick, but decided to coach the Big Ten tourney game tonight anyway.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Big Ten Network says Fred Hoiberg is sick, but decided to coach the Big Ten tourney game tonight anyway.
    He’s been taken to the hospital

at this point it's hard to imagine there will be a tournament being played next week.