FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BioShock 4

Position Open for an Endgame Designer to Work on a Live-Service Element
    https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/...ws=68&rid=3291

I guess the game has already been in development for two years.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Interesting, I thought this series was dead, can’t wait to see what it’ll be about.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Laugana View Post
    Interesting, I thought this series was dead, can’t wait to see what it’ll be about.
    A lighthouse, a man and a city.

Duh.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

LIVE SERVICES!

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    LIVE SERVICES!
    On a series that I rarely hear anyone mention its multiplayer for. Also no Ken Levine presumably, which would also mean none of the former-Irrational staff he took with him when that studio got shut down. I could go for another single player shooter in the same vein with some fresh devs (hell, Minerva's Den was well liked), but if the focus is already on a GaaS model I don't know what to expect since that's typically anti-single player.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Its 2K and live services lol. I'll keep an open mind but gut says no.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Nothing about the bioshock universe screams live service, so I'm gonna be pessimistic on this one...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Reading Bioshock and live service in the same sentence I immediately think of every time Jim Sterling says live service in a video in that mocking tone. I loved Bioshock Infinite. It was the very first FPS I played on PC. Normally I'd be pumped but this is a huge NOPE.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

2K Unveils a New Studio to Focus on the BioShock Franchise - Cloud Chamber
    2K today announced the founding of Cloud Chamber, the newest, wholly owned game development studio under the Company’s publishing label. A collective of storytellers eager to push the frontlines of interactive entertainment by making unique, entertaining and thoughtful experiences that engage the world, Cloud Chamber will build its team at two locations: 2K’s San Francisco Bay Area headquarters in Novato, Calif., as well as in Montréal, Québec, which marks the first-ever Canadian office for a 2K studio. In addition, 2K announced that Cloud Chamber has started to work on the next iteration of the globally acclaimed BioShock franchise, which will be in development for the next several years.

“As we continue growing our product portfolio, we remain inspired by opportunities to invest further in our valuable IP, great people and their collective, long-term potential,” said David Ismailer, President of 2K. “BioShock is one of the most beloved, critically praised and highest-rated franchises of the last console generation*. We can’t wait to see where its powerful narrative and iconic, first-person shooter gameplay head in the future with our new studio team at Cloud Chamber leading the charge.”

A 22-year industry veteran with more than 40 games shipped to date, Kelley Gilmore will serve as Cloud Chamber’s Global Studio Head and be the first woman in 2K history to launch and lead a development studio. Her wealth of experience transcends executive production, marketing direction and public relations management, including nearly two decades of service to another of 2K’s wholly owned studios, Firaxis Games, on franchises such as Sid Meier’s Civilization and XCOM. Her role is based in Novato.

“We founded Cloud Chamber to create yet-to-be-discovered worlds – and their stories within – that push the boundaries of what is possible in the video game medium,” said Kelley Gilmore, Global Studio Head, Cloud Chamber. “Our team believes in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of its thinking. We are a deeply experienced group of game makers, including many responsible for BioShock’s principal creation, advancement and longstanding notoriety, and honored to be part of the 2K family as stewards of this iconic franchise.”

Gilmore has tapped Ken Schachter to be Cloud Chamber’s Studio Manager in Montréal. An executive with extensive experience in development, production, technology and creative roles, Schachter will also be an ambassador for both the studio and 2K in establishing a significant Company presence in Montréal. Prior to joining 2K, Schachter served as General Manager for Zynga in Toronto, as well as founded independent game developer and publisher Trapdoor. He has also held notable positions with companies such as Gameloft, Autodesk and more.

Cloud Chamber’s decision to open a new office in Montréal was supported by the Gouvernement du Québec and Montréal International.

Cloud Chamber will join the Company’s family of wholly owned development teams, including Visual Concepts, Firaxis Games, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K Silicon Valley.
    https://cloudchamberstudios.com/
    https://www.2k.com/en-US/jobs/