Closed Thread
Page 1519 of 1714 FirstFirst ... 1469 1509 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1529 1569 ... LastLast
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Score, kinda. Don't want the games, gonna try to return em. Controller I'm 50/50 on cause it is the new one with the dpad, and it'd be nice to not constantly resync my elite controller for the PC.

Also had to fucking buy 2 cause the first order didn't show up until after the second order did and I wasn't missing the chance at a box even if I didn't want the bundle shit. And of courrsseee the fiance and family see me doing all this and are like oh just keep the second and we'll all split the cost and give it to brother in law as a graduation gift. Great. Perfect. And I knew I'd get fucked somehow and it happened last night when I'm like oh hey so are they gonna pay me back for their part of the box and she said oh yeah but I'm putting it in the savings account.

Da fukkkk?? Have you seen these EV stocks? Do you KNOW how much return I've made in the past month? Of course I don't say this to her cause she is never to know about the stocks but gdi I knew I'd get burned somehow on not being patient for an Xbox so honestly I ended up spending $1650 on this fucking thing...gonna go play my free to play apex in 4k now...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I've been using the new controller over my Elite 2.

I don't really give a single shit about trigger locks and the little refinements to the shape make it so much more comfortable plus the dpad is absolutely fantastic.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

and over here we poors watch Netflix on a fat PS3 and a 1080p LCD

though tbf after 14 years i should probably consider replacements. i'm sure a new TV will blow us away lol

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Elliot Page makes sense.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Score, kinda. Don't want the games, gonna try to return em. Controller I'm 50/50 on cause it is the new one with the dpad, and it'd be nice to not constantly resync my elite controller for the PC.

Also had to fucking buy 2 cause the first order didn't show up until after the second order did and I wasn't missing the chance at a box even if I didn't want the bundle shit. And of courrsseee the fiance and family see me doing all this and are like oh just keep the second and we'll all split the cost and give it to brother in law as a graduation gift. Great. Perfect. And I knew I'd get fucked somehow and it happened last night when I'm like oh hey so are they gonna pay me back for their part of the box and she said oh yeah but I'm putting it in the savings account.

Da fukkkk?? Have you seen these EV stocks? Do you KNOW how much return I've made in the past month? Of course I don't say this to her cause she is never to know about the stocks but gdi I knew I'd get burned somehow on not being patient for an Xbox so honestly I ended up spending $1650 on this fucking thing...gonna go play my free to play apex in 4k now...

Oh I didn't know we was posting loot.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Fiance offered to buy a TV for Christmas, probably cause her dad just got one for his bday the other day. I declined, cause our TV is basically as good as it gets for budget TV's, and the only upgrade we can get is HDMI 2.1 which is honestly out of our budget and I don't even wanna ask. Those LG OLEDs though look so sexy

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

I never liked great expectations either but otherwise dickens is ok

i never read catcher in the rye so i can’t comment

if i was going to strike a novel from common core it would be great gatsby or the scarlet letter

but i would still say romeo and juliet overall can gtfo, schools should really teach king lear instead

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

if you reanimated Shakespeare’s corpse and he asked “what’s my most popular work that has survived to this day” and you answered “Romeo and Juliet” he would probably promptly kill himself

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

I’m not doing any research into how shakespeare felt about his own plays, no

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Mertron View Post
    this thread is something if you can make it through

https://twitter.com/davidobowles/sta...903055873?s=21
    He isn't wrong though. How many kids would happily burn through books in days then after being forced to read terrible things like As I Lay Dying, Catcher in The Rye, and other pretentious """classics"""" they're hard pressed to get even a chapter into a book as an adult. There was just a conversation in which most of spam agreed they were burned out on reading after formal education.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

english classes would've been more fun if we couldve done book reports on whatever shit we wanted instead of terrrible crap, no doubt

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

something I’ve talked about with colleagues before is that for early education through high school i think we would be better off with a focus on short stories for narrative purposes. i think another issue is attention spans are shit now and if you sit a kid down and tell him to read huck finn (good book btw), if they lose interest in the first 20 pages they are not going to enjoy the experience at all, and that will carry over for anything else

side note I had my students read I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream this semester and got a lot of responses along the lines of “I never read anything like this before, this was weird but interesting” and I think it shows there are ways to introduce literature in ways that aren’t boring

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

i also assigned bartleby the scrivener because im a dick

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

just waiting for the day where i can teach american psycho and immediately get fired

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

i joined the book club in 5th grade cause there was a girl i liked in there and read where the red fern grows and have hated books ever since

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    i joined the book club in 5th grade cause there was a girl i liked in there and read where the red fern grows and have hated books ever since
    is that the one where the dog dies

rip

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

i think about what kinda asshole it takes to write a book like that all the time, pure psychopathy

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

lol I looked up the plot summary and it was the book I was thinking of, but I forgot the other dog dies too

double rip

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    mert this related thread from a YA author seems up your alley
    https://twitter.com/ElloEllenOh/stat...73812277960706
    https://twitter.com/ElloEllenOh/stat...91475888787457

AG gonna be mad