+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

purples are THAT EXPENSIVE??? wtf! Get a nectar man. I had a 2k dollar mattress, bought a 750$ nectar, and it's been the BEST thing to happen to my sleep in 5 years.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

The $1100 Casper Hybrid is Consumer Reports second best inner spring/hybridattrrss losing out to Avocado's Green by a single point, 84 to 85 out of 100. Not sure what the higher price point offers over the cheaper model. The basic Purple hybrid got 73/100.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    kind of a bit of a hijack but sorta related... but is there also a pillow people would recommend along those lines? Currently shopping for a good one, and the purple pillow was one of the ones mentioned, but the one on amazon had dicey reviews, especially from the US, with lots of defective product reviews...made me nervous. i'm also like the princess and the pea when it comes to feeling lumps, so things like torn memory foam (too lumpy) and goose feathers/down (too stabby...oh the stabbies!) are no go. that's why the purple pillow makes me a bit nervous - i'm worried i'd feel the triangle support things when lying down on it. this is a guy who can't wear glasses because the feeling of them on his nose drives him mad, same with a watch on his wrist or other accessories.

i've tried those contour pillows that look sorta like a half-dead peanut shape from the side so your head gets nestled and your neck is supported and those things are murder on my neck and i never feel comfortable. im mostly a side sleeper with some back sleeping and never stomach sleeping. memory foam is pleasant enough but i feel like i need a fatter pillow than most people in the center. i do know i have pretty broad shoulders, so it might be my head is more elevated than most peoples when on my side.

Sorry for the threadjack, fhloston. i just saw your post and the mention of the purple bed jogged my memory of my recent browsing on amazon. :X
    Legit just bought 6-10 pillows to try them all out.

Our favorite for years are the Claritin pillows but they seem to need to be replaced sooner and sooner and we feel we've been having more backpain so wanted to try some memory foam or hybrid. Big fan of soft, flat pillows, but this is probably our problem leading to pain so we thought let's be adults and get something firmer.

Went with anything that had crazy reviews and settled on LIANLAM memory foam pillows after two weeks of trialing. You can remove the foam to make it as soft/flat as you want. We had to remove at least half to more. There's an obnoxious amount of foam. It also comes with extra foam in a bag lol. My thought is when it starts to wear out I'll just use all this extra foam I have and revive it getting 2-3x the years out of it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L8G9SM7...p_mob_ap_share

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Also I can't wait to replace my mattress. Keep suggesting shit we are getting one either end of this year or next. We have some like $1800 beauty rest from Raymore and Flannigan and I can't wait to trial 3 different mattresses and send them back till I get the one I want.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Spoiler: show

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Spoiler: show

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Oh, here is this thread! We are a few weeks into our Zinus king ($375 on sale @Sam's) mattress with box and we love it. I had my doubts about the quality for such a cheap offering but it was completely worth it. Would highly recommend.
    Since this thread got bumped I'll give a short review on the Zinus king. I don't think I could ever go back to having a queen now, but for solo sleepers a queen is obviously fine. My wife and I both agree we feel hotter in this bed. For the winter and spring it's been a non issue but for summer and if we didn't have a/c it would be a huge irritant. We still haven't bought a frame and that may be what causes some slight soreness when I wake up. Wife has zero complaints. Overall for the price I'm still very happy. Off to go look for a frame to order.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

An important read before you go checking internet reviews on mattresses, especially the new kids on the block.
    https://www.fastcompany.com/3065928/...-mattress-wars

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    purples are THAT EXPENSIVE??? wtf! Get a nectar man. I had a 2k dollar mattress, bought a 750$ nectar, and it's been the BEST thing to happen to my sleep in 5 years.
    Nectar has a hell of an offer too. $1k flat for a king (should've mentioned that's the size I'm buying) and it comes with mattress protector, two pillows and a bed sheet set. Tempting af but gonna do more research on them first. Also one year trial period.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cantih View Post
    An important read before you go checking internet reviews on mattresses, especially the new kids on the block.
    https://www.fastcompany.com/3065928/...-mattress-wars
    I don't know about other sites, but Consumer Reports is a not-for-profit.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

My wife and I have a Tuft & Needle king size. We have it on 6" metal frame with wooden slats. The biggest concern is that mold can grow in them if they are not ventilated well. The mattress definitely keeps you warm. Wife can use just a sheet and I have 4+ blankets and we are both happy. We have some Essence of Copper pillows. Mine is all flat and lumpy but I'm super hard on pillows. My wife's is completely normal. Kid has a bamboo pillow.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

anybody bought a new mattress recently or have any fresh recommendations?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

still sleepin on our 8 year old sealy optimum, need to get something new before to long ourselves, probably past due. that mf been great though, love the cooling beads.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Not sure much has changed in mattresses. See my.above posts for consumer reports ratings.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Got a Purple a couple years ago. Not sure what specific one recommend now as they've changed how they rate softness/firmness, but we used the free return feature with zero hassles for a firmer one. It's quite comfy.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

My mattress is about 8 years old. Still seems fine, but figure I might need to replace it soon.

Sort of overwhelmed by some of the internet options between Casper, T&F, & Purple.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

There's a really good mattress review site I'll see if I can find again. No bloat just customer satisfaction ratings.

We're probably going tempurpedic next, as I discovered the softer your mattress the more pain you'll end up in.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Sleep like the dead.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I night a nectar last year and it's still good. For the price and convenience of a bed in a box delivery, it was well worth it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I got a bear bed. They deserve to be shut down for their atrocious marketing claims, but they were a fine hybrid mattress in a bag.

Online mattresses (that come in bags) cannot have good side support (your bed's edge is floppy) just as a constraint of the shipping mechanism. That's the main reason to go with a traditional Sealy or something.