FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

It would be silly to ignore the fact that Kaep had literally no one on his team that last run. It was hilarious seeing someone throw more INTs than yards, but c'mon, it really wasn't a byproduct of him playing shitty.

Pointing to that as proof he's shit tier shows you have no idea how football (re: team sports) works.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    It would be silly to ignore the fact that Kaep had literally no one on his team that last run. It was hilarious seeing someone throw more INTs than yards, but c'mon, it really wasn't a byproduct of him playing shitty.

Pointing to that as proof he's shit tier shows you have no idea how football (re: team sports) works.

Also... he was good enough to lead an offense for a SB team.

Is he a guy that will depend on a strong supporting cast to succeed? Of course! That applies to 80% of QBs.

Goff lead a SB team last year and looked great, now looks garbage with worse oline play and some WR injuries. His true talent is probably somewhere in between, like it is for Kap. I think that puts him in the top 20-30 QBs in the league potentially. We'll see how much the time off has affected him.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post

I actually don't think he was shit tier. I liked him on some of those 49er teams. One or two other people keep posting that he was shit tier, not me. I pointed out that he got benched by Gabbert because, for whatever reason(s), he was performing so bad that something so severe occurred.

I don't think he was employable to the NFL a couple of years ago, due to a myriad of reasons, and that held true.

I don't think he is employable now because he has been out of the league too long and he wasn't some generational talent to being with, who can just pick it back up and have success. I'd say this about any QB who hasn't even practiced for 3+ years, outside of someone named Luck (or Manning/Brady/Marino if they were that age range). He has generation talent and could probably return to football in 3 years and be very productive if he wanted. So impossible? No. Chances of success? So unlikely that I would never chance it as a GM, outside of a few names. Kaep isn't remotely close to being on that list.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

What makes this even more hilarious though is no one is even saying Kap is a great QB. Just that he's better then the starters on a handful of teams, and career wise clearly better then a chunk of the backups in the league. And it's shown time and time again, having a competent backup can mean the difference between getting your team to the playoffs and a potential return of your starter and completely imploding, and barely missing the playoffs, like when Rodgers went down, and their backup was so horrible, it scuttled any chance of the playoffs before he got healthy.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    What makes this even more hilarious though is no one is even saying Kap is a great QB. Just that he's better then the starters on a handful of teams, and career wise clearly better then a chunk of the backups in the league. And it's shown time and time again, having a competent backup can mean the difference between getting your team to the playoffs and a potential return of your starter and completely imploding, and barely missing the playoffs, like when Rodgers went down, and their backup was so horrible, it scuttled any chance of the playoffs before he got healthy.
    I'm not positive my perspective is getting across to some of you. You're talking to someone that had Blaine Gabbert fuck away our playoffs last season. I would have gladly rolled the dice on Kaep over a known player like Gabbert, last year.

I just don't think any NFL team is going to do it. I am looking at the analytics of it. If I'm betting my bank account on him getting picked up by an NFL team and having any form of on-field success, I am betting against that 100/100 times. Each day that passes makes the bet better and better.

The team that makes the most sense is the Ravens, and I bet they would be serious with Kaep even today, if they weren't happy with RG3.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

a packaged play with lamar, rg3, and kaep all on the field at the same time would be pretty amazing. how would you even game plan against that from a defensive point of view. i'd never put a running back on the field again. just roll that shit out

throw in cam as the TE for good measure

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    a packaged play with lamar, rg3, and kaep all on the field at the same time would be pretty amazing. how would you even game plan against that from a defensive point of view. i'd never put a running back on the field again. just roll that shit out

throw in cam as the TE for good measure
    Fuck man. I need this in my life.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Gabbert was starting over him because the Niners didn't want to risk him getting injured and having to guarantee more of his contract, it had little to do with his actual on field play since that roster was in no position to compete.

Seems like people forgot about that part.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

when kaep was benched, it was in the middle of a game where kaep threw for 5 total passing yards after 3 full quarters of football. it absolutely had to do with his play. even trubisky was able to move passed 5 yards after the half of the eagles game

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

He was so bad he started the last 4 games and was 6-1 TD-INT with 100 passer rating average over that span.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

You know. Directly after that game. Where they benched him. For about a quarter.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    when kaep was benched, it was in the middle of a game where kaep threw for 5 total passing yards after 3 full quarters of football. it absolutely had to do with his play. even trubisky was able to move passed 5 yards after the half of the eagles game
    Didn't CHI beat CAR without throwing a pass or like 1 attempt I think during Fox's last season?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Did you guys know Minkah Fitzpatrick’s last name is Fitzpatrick?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

watch the UK audio feed

vastly superior

GATTACA!

BG Level

That was a decent ball, gotta catch that

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

“Inver-knee-sians”

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

JuJu ded

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

this game is wonderful

BG Level

Imagine going from having the best RB, best WR, best young WR, and a HOF QB to none of the above in about 365 days. RIP Steelers they are toast now. Juju looks like he broke his wrist and even Conner was reinjured.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Imagine going from having the best RB, best WR, best young WR, and a HOF QB to none of the above in about 365 days. RIP Steelers they are toast now. Juju looks like he broke his wrist and even Conner was reinjured.
    JuJu concussion, James Conner shoulder

Both ruled out of the game