+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Toonami Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Ah maybe they finally caught up with the manga or season.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I read that they just don't have enough dubbed episodes to air of Black Clover but they are planning to bring it back. Hell, it would be better than that Getta.. whatever trash.
    This is probably what happened, good chance that having their VA's record at home and same with the sound/mixing people really slows them down a bit and waiting to do a new batch of episodes before putting back on TV.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Toonami to Start Showing SSSS.Gridman Anime in January 2021
    The staff of Adult Swim's Toonami programming block announced during a Toonami Pre-Flight livestream on Sunday that the block will start running Studio Trigger and Tsuburaya Productions' SSSS.Gridman anime in January 2021.

The 12-episode SSSS.Gridman anime premiered in October 2018. The anime was a collaboration between the anime studio Trigger and Tsuburaya Productions — the creator of the Ultraman franchise and the original 1993-1994 live-action tokusatsu (special-effects) series Denkō Chōjin Gridman. Crunchyroll and Funimation streamed the anime as it aired, and Funimation also streamed an English dub for the anime
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...y-2021/.166358

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

In last night's episode of SAO I found the scene where Sinon meets Alice to be really touching. I'm biased though cause I love the character of Sinon and Michelle Ruff.

BG Level

No new Toonami this week. They are doing a Primal marathon with something special thrown in..

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

SAO

Spoiler: show
    Who the hell are these two randos that showed up? They seem important but I never seen them before, something from a spinoff novel or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Zalrik21 View Post
    SAO

Who the hell are these two randos that showed up? They seem important but I never seen them before, something from a spinoff novel or something?
    Which one are you guys watching?

It's something that confused me, too. It's like, "Who are they and why should we be caring so much?" Though, to answer the question, I think Ordinal Scale is where they got fleshed out.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    It's something that confused me, too. It's like, "Who are they and why should we be caring so much?" Though, to answer the question, I think Ordinal Scale is where they got fleshed out.
    Just looked at the wiki for the movie, and yeah thats what happened, I was so confused since yeah they wanted us to care and as being an anime only watcher I had no idea who they were.

BG Level

Here's my problem with this arc right now. The girls are literally God-tier right now and nobody should be able to lay a finger on them. Yet those noob red armored players are still able to hurt them.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Here's my problem with this arc right now. The girls are literally God-tier right now and nobody should be able to lay a finger on them. Yet those noob red armored players are still able to hurt them.
    I knew something felt off. And yeah you're right. Asuna was slaughtering them left and right early on now they're getting wrecked.

There's definitely a disconnect in ability, but I also feel that's been a consistent issue from the author relative to game mechanics, player power levels, what makes a boss/raid, and so on. From a code administrative view, there should have been tiers of admin accounts with various degrees of read/write privileges within the world, but for whatever reason, Asuna's god account is basically what I'd call a low-level Builder character capable of only some modest terraforming. It just goes downhill from there for the other girls.

The villains go in the opposite direction for some weird reason. For example, the cleaver guy basically ported his GGO account is mysteriously a one-man army with abilities that don't make sense. Other GGO/SAO/ALO players don't seem to be given that luxury and are eventually overwhelmed by army of mooks.

Near-end arc:
    It gets even more bullshit with Vecta's player because when Vecta is defeated, he comes back with his GGO account and essentially becomes a Guren Lagan tier exercise in logical absurdity where Kirito would've lost without invoking the Power of Friendship(tm) again.

End of the day, I don't hate SAO like some people are prone to, but I can't deny a lot of shit could've been handled better throughout the series or not done at all. This arc has been a little better about fights being more than just some exposition and a one-shot attack, but maybe I'm just a snob when it comes to wanting good fights.

BG Level

I wouldn't say I hate SOA. I think the idea is good but the characters just seem bleh

BG Level

No regular Toonami tonight. They are showing a animated Wonder Woman movie to celebrate Wonder Woman: 1984 being on HBOMax, and a Justice League movie. It's not that I am complaining. DC animated movies are awesome but they did this a while back with Primal because it's going to be on there. Does HBOMax own CN now?

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

CN is part of the WarnerMedia umbrella.

Funimation and parent Sony reached a deal this month to acquire Crunchyroll from WarnerMedia.

BG Level

That's a really stupid reason given we know they won't be airing anything new next week and the week after due to the holidays.

BG Level

I just looked it up and last weeks ep of SAO happen to be the end of "part 6" Alicization. Coincidence?

Sent from my SM-A505U1 using Tapatalk

BG Level

Wait? That was the last ep of the season? Geesh talk about short.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Wait? That was the last ep of the season? Geesh talk about short.
    Nah theres still 7 more episodes based on what I just checked on Crunchyroll. It just sucks that they never air Toonami on weeks that have holidays, so yeah its going to be quiet a wait.

BG Level

Attack on Titan Season 4 premieres January 9th on Toonami
    https://twitter.com/i/events/1341593720341159939

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text