+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think she looks good but if you go off of Twitter she's ugly as shit and Capcom should go back to using Julia Voth as the character model.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Nemesis is gonna be the real star of the show. Mr. X was already god damn terrifying, I’m sure we are in for some tweaks and surprises with Nemesis.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I wonder if they will add the strafe like from RE5/6. Nemesis would be really fast and more lethal in his encounters. Mr X was always kinda slow and clunky and they kept that through the remake.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's no Julia Voth Jill but I need to see a trailer before I can pass judgement for something like that

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't really care,the same as I didn't with 2, just give me that sweet sweet gameplay

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    I think she looks good but if you go off of Twitter she's ugly as shit and Capcom should go back to using Julia Voth as the character model.
    Julia is gorgeous but this Jill is pretty too; who gives a shit? Are these the same people mad because Jubilee didn't come back for RE2?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Not sure if it's the same people but they were also getting buttmad at the thought of Capcom changing Jill's outfit because of censorship and trying to please the western audience (lolwat??????)

I look forward to playing this with the lights on regardless.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Kinda hoping we get some side story of a FMV showing the creation of Nemesis. Dude had a sad end to his life before being turned into that thing.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Aw yeah! April 3, 2020

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Excited for the product, but holy hell what a terrible trailer. They did not do themselves a service with whatever that was and the only reason I'm excited is cause the re2 remake was so good.

Also wtf with that jill model eww. Did they even try to make her look similar to the original?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

None of the characters look like their original selves in the last two games, friend with maybe the exception being Ada and arguably Sherry. At this point it's safe to say that they're going into another direction with character models. I'm personally cool with main characters not being super models.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Idk about that, Leon looked pretty similar to me. Claire too. Subjective I know.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Also the trailer was just directed terribly. I am really triggered by this trailer lol. After seeing what a good trailer can do for something like the new Ghostbusters movie, seeing this just puts me off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Idk about that, Leon looked pretty similar to me. Claire too. Subjective I know.

I mean, the first thing people complained when RE2 was revealed were the character designs too.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Didnt know that /shrug I sure didnt

My first reaction to this Jill model is much better than my first reaction to Leon and Claire's new models. In the end I did end up really liking the way they went in 2, but the first impression was really bad. I think the Jill model is good, she's never had a consistent model from game to game anyway.

Anyway I can't wait for this, the trailer is fine, it's much the same as the RE2 remake one. Also for the second year in a row this is being released way sooner than anyone expected.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Also wtf with that jill model eww. Did they even try to make her look similar to the original?
    Pre-Order for her original skin.

Spoiler: show

Just announced moments ago at PlayStation’s State of Play, Resident Evil 3 is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam on April 3rd, 2020! Read on for more about this re-imagining of the survival horror classic, including info on a special Collector’s Edition that fans won’t want to miss out on.

Taking a trip back to Raccoon City won’t be a walk in the park, of course. The city is in the throes of an outbreak, with the shuffling undead wandering the streets and the urban jungle becoming a tangle of overturned cars and crumbling buildings. Picturesque, isn’t it? It’s against this backdrop that Jill Valentine prepares to make her escape, though there’s a bit of a twist in the timeline for those of you who aren’t familiar with the original. If you played Resident Evil 2 earlier this year, you may know that Leon and Claire arrived in the city on September 29th. Jill’s story, however, starts a few days earlier. As an accomplished member of S.T.A.R.S. and a survivor of the incident in the Arklay Mountains (the site of the original Resident Evil), Jill has some experience with the horrors that await.

Just like the remake of Resident Evil 2 earlier this year, you’re in for a new viewpoint as you explore Raccoon City, with an over the shoulder camera placing you right in the thick of the action as you navigate abandoned streets and iconic locations. Escaping the city won’t be easy, though; the undead still roam the desolate landscape, and there’s a much larger problem looming in the shadows.

If you thought Tyrant (aka “Mr. X”) was terrifying, you’re in for a whole new level of terror when Nemesis comes to town. Made with one purpose in mind, Nemesis will stop at nothing to eliminate every last member of the S.T.A.R.S. team … and that means eliminating Jill before she can escape. More intelligent and, perhaps, more vicious than Tyrant, Nemesis can arm itself with weapons, like the iconic rocket launcher, or simply crush whatever stands between it and its mission. As if that isn’t enough, Jill will have to contend with the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service, or U.B.C.S., a private military force run by the very company that sparked the outbreak.

Despite seeming to be walled in from all sides, there are still some friendly faces scattered throughout the city. Carlos Oliveira , a member of U.B.C.S., is doing his best to assist any survivors he finds – and that includes Jill. Together, both Jill and Carlos will need to navigate a deadly cityscape if they hope to make it out alive. In true survival horror fashion, you’ll need to watch your health, take careful stock of the ammo and items you use, and manage your inventory carefully if you want to make it out in one piece.

As with Resident Evil 7 biohazard, Resident Evil 2, and Devil May Cry 5, the RE Engine is being utilized to bring incredibly lifelike performances to the game. Actors, clothing, and even various items in the environment are captured using photogrammetry to bring the world of Resident Evil to life, right down to the last detail.

Included with Resident Evil 3 is the asymmetrical 4 vs. 1 co-op game, Resident Evil Resistance, which was initially unveiled earlier this year as Project Resistance. Set against the backdrop of the Resident Evil universe, you’ll be able to assume the role of a Mastermind – one of several, including Annette Birkin from Resident Evil 2 – and carry out a series of deadly experiments on a group of unfortunate Survivors. Utilizing a deck of cards, you’ll set traps, place various creatures like Cerberus (zombie dogs) and Lickers, and even assemble camera-mounted weapons to defeat the Survivors before they can escape. If you prefer to be more hands-on, you can take direct control of iconic enemies, including Tyrant and G Birkin from Resident Evil 2. Meanwhile, the team of four Survivors are racing against the clock. If time runs out, so does their chance to escape. As Survivors, you’ll need to band together and make the most of your weapons and skills if you want to stand a chance of making it out alive.

North American players will also be able to purchase a special Resident Evil 3 Collector’s Edition, available exclusively at GameStop! This package contains a physical copy of Resident Evil 3, a high quality Jill Valentine figure (similar to the Leon figure from Resident Evil 2), a hardcover art book, a double-sided poster featuring a map of Raccoon City, and a digital Resident Evil 3 soundtrack.

All standard and Collector’s Edition pre-orders of Resident Evil 3 (at participating retailers) will also receive an exclusive Classic Costume Pack that features Jill Valentine’s original outfit as well as Carlos Oliveira’s original hairstyle – perfect if you want to get into that 90s vibe as you play.
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/capkel/b...april-3rd-2020

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I thought he was wearing a ghille suit...wtf did they do to Carlos's hair?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Resistance replacing mercenaries will probably leave a lot of people unhappy

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

What do you mean?