+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Yeah lol. That room at the bottom of the stairs outside. I never even went in that locker room on Hardcore cause I didn't think to go back after encountering Brad. But on Nightmare I killed him and he didn't drop his ID. I even thought maybe he was still alive so I slashed him for a good 30 seconds before I realized it probably got placed somewhere else. At that point I reloaded the last checkpoint to save ammo from killing Brad which is how I found out about him showing up in the RPD.

Just 100% this.

I really liked it. I actually think gameplay wise this one is a little better than RE2R. Obviously, RE2R is better as a complete package, but the dodge mechanic makes movement in this game fun. When you get dodging down and are just running through areas, it feels so good.

Yeah, the game is short, but the main game itself is great and I recommend it to any RE fan for sure once it goes down in price a bit. If you like replaying all the different difficulties, then I think the current price ($46ish for PC) is definitely worth it.

Also, and this is something speedrunners agree with, the current "Inferno difficulty with no bonus items" category for speedrunning is more entertaining than anything RE2R put out. It's crazy how good these guys are that are running it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The fact that the game is an afternoon in length, and yall are 100% this not even a week after release, is pretty wild and more evidence that I shouldnt pay for this game until it's in the bargain bin.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yeah, 22 hours according to Steam lol. But I enjoyed my time. And it got my wife into the series during this quarantine (she's currently going through 2 now after beating 1 yesterday), so I'm very grateful for that lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Some people will play through games fast as hell, also if general layouts and directions to get to places aren't different then knowing where and when to go places helps a ton. It boggles my mind how some people will blow their load in finishing a game within days of it's release instead of maybe digesting it a little slower. Just my opinion, I like to "enjoy" a game a little bit more than rushing through it.

I get that for sure, but unfortunately this game is just that short. There's just no content other than the main game (Resistance is a whole separate game). No extra mini games or "4th Survivor" modes. Those 22 hours were me taking my time for the most part. I didn't even look anything up other than the location of the last couple bobblehead guys.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I am sure they will add a mercenaries mode or some kind of DLC like RE2 got. Why does the original get a pass when its like 2 hours long? They had the perfect opportunity to add a lot of new things but this time around I'm sure their cost was a lot higher than the original. Not to excuse the low play time, because I would love for there to have been more, but the original was just as short.

This longplay on hard, where he practically clicks on every little thing and its barely 4 hours.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

People forget the number one criticism of the original was its short length.

Resistance is basically its merc mode. They're adding Jill soon I imagine they'll add more.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    People forget the number one criticism of the original was its short length.

Resistance is basically its merc mode. They're adding Jill soon I imagine they'll add more.
    They were all short though, RE1 was shorter, RE2 was long in a way because of 4 scenarios. RE2Remake is short too and you can't even count the "2nd scenarios" as more game time because it's exactly like the first scenarios. Yea you start at different spot, 1 item is in a different spot, puzzles had different solutions and Mr.X appears slightly sooner. That's it, you play exactly the same way as the first. RE1 Remake is still the best remake maybe of all time.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Roundelk View Post
    They were all short though, RE1 was shorter, RE2 was long in a way because of 4 scenarios. RE2Remake is short too and you can't even count the "2nd scenarios" as more game time because it's exactly like the first scenarios. Yea you start at different spot, 1 item is in a different spot, puzzles had different solutions and Mr.X appears slightly sooner. That's it, you play exactly the same way as the first. RE1 Remake is still the best remake maybe of all time.
    Exactly. Rose Goggles at best.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

RE1 remake is pretty damn good and I should replay that sometime. Forgot all about those crimson zombies, wish they'd bring em back

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Damn, that last fight on Nightmare is actually HARD. Took me many times until I finally recharged the weapon and even then he managed to swipe me and almost killed me with the second hit, I grabbed the gun at the last moment lol.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Damn, that last fight on Nightmare is actually HARD. Took me many times until I finally recharged the weapon and even then he managed to swipe me and almost killed me with the second hit, I grabbed the gun at the last moment lol.
    Wait til you do it on Inferno, the fight is nothing but stun lock death it's such bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Yeah, he's a real pain lol.

I actually found Nightmare last boss to be harder than Inferno's only because I did my Nightmare run with no shop items but infinite Handgun (I stupidly bought it cause I didn't know what else to buy since I didn't have many points) which forced me to learn how to dodge his moves. I think he attacks faster in Inferno, though? I'm not sure. It all felt the same by that point

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by KuroTsuki View Post
    Yeah, he's a real pain lol.

I actually found Nightmare last boss to be harder than Inferno's only because I did my Nightmare run with no shop items but infinite Handgun (I stupidly bought it cause I didn't know what else to buy since I didn't have many points) which forced me to learn how to dodge his moves. I think he attacks faster in Inferno, though? I'm not sure. It all felt the same by that point
    Inferno is faster and also he instantly can combo his attacks, he can do his large sweeping attack and immediately does his hand slams forcing you to do 5+ perfect dodges in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundelk View Post
    he can do his large sweeping attack and immediately does his hand slams forcing you to do 5+ perfect dodges in a row.
    This is true for Nightmare too, and is what made it so hard for me with no coins. He would kill me in just 2 hits. That's why I didn't find Inferno much harder cause I felt like it was just more of the same, but with slightly faster timing in my dodges.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Overall it's a good game but kind of falls short compared to RE2 Remake, I was expecting this game to be better. One thing it really did way better than RE2 Remake is the OST, so many great remixes. It even had the RE2 save room remix that wasn't even in the RE2 Remake lol.

BG Level

Can someone tell me the point of button mashing during a bite? I feel like you get bitten either way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It affects the amount of damage you get (zombies get more bites in if you don't mash).