+ Reply to Thread
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Monitors... how do they work?

Maybe misleading thread title but I can't think of a better.

At work, I'm in a hot desking environment. Every desk has the same monitor and docking station.

I often find that depending on which desk (or monitor) I go to, when I dock my laptop, the monitor/output settings are not consistent. If I docked at a desk with my output set to none (so laptop only) and depending on which desk I go to, I often find myself either using mirrored output, or extended, or the screen only. My pre-docked settings never "stick".

Nothing in the monitor controls the output setting of my laptop. And nothing on my laptop also controls it (as in, there's no default... if there was one I think I would've found it).

So that leaves me stumped. It's a minor nuisance at best, but each time I dock somewhere I have to watch my laptop groan and suffer temporarily as it adjusts all my desktop to fit the resolution etc

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If windows/nvidia display settings (in the case of a laptop, it'd be windows) aren't sticking then you could try UltraMon.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    If windows/nvidia display settings (in the case of a laptop, it'd be windows) aren't sticking then you could try UltraMon.
    Annoyingly enough and I really don't know why, after months of this issue, posting this thread, and then coming back to it to say the issue is gone .... ?! (for now)

I really don't know anymore lol. I guess as they always say bitching always works ¬_¬