+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2020 Anime     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Could probably safely argue that Japan has a problem with tangential pedophillia in anime.
    I mean based on some of the things I've seen recently that can't be true lol

Like you're supposed to feel this way (as a basic) but in practice it definitely isn't working out

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I think he means "a problem" as in "they do it way too fucking much" because obviously Japan doesn't care about questionable ages in media.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Added to our watch queue:

Murenase Seton Gakuen - it's a simple show but I really do find the animal facts not only entertaining but educational, it's definitely quite different and the comedy is appreciated

Magia Record (Madoka) - we suffered through the first 2 eps of this show, really hoping it gets better. It's beautiful and it has great music and production and all, but there's like zero soul in it and I don't give a shit about any of the characters soooo... thanks gacha

Jibaku shounen Hanako-kun - I missed you, Ogata Megumi. This one is also beautiful but has the distinction of being actually good. It's definitely an off-the-wall shounen with a little bit of everything: romance, comedy, drama, fighting, mystery etc as shounens tend to go. I really like it.

Also picked up a few non-seasonal shows like Gotoubun no Hanayome (funny and cute, a pretty basic harem show but I liked it) and Classroom of the Elite (binged it in 2 sittings, really gripping, I really hope there's a new season on the horizon)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Glitch Techs(Netflix). I'm really excited for this show! I hope it's as good as the animation as many of Studio Ankama(wakfu) animators worked on it. Season 1 has 20 episodes, but the first 10 will drop on February 21 and the other 10 at a later date. There are also an additional 10 episodes that have been written and storyboarded, and are waiting to get animated if the two seasons preform well.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Dragon Quest: Your Story(Netflix). I have so much nostalgia from playing the game it was awesome to see one of my favorite games as a movie. it was mostly accurate to the game aside from the ending. but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. the writers took a different approach. You might love it, or hate it, but it's definetly worth a watch.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Your seasonal Gigguk video

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Glitch Techs(Netflix) Ep1-5. Haven’t finished the season yet but holy shit the animation is mind blowing, I have no idea how they got top animation talent for this show but they did it. This is the kind of content that Nick needs to air on the main network The fact they gave it to Netflix is the stupidest move ever. If you want to see gaming and cartoon homage done right in animation check it out. I loved the castlevania episode and Thundercats reference.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Glitch Techs Ep 6-9. Finished the season .The premise is really fun and the characters are all unique and interesting! everyone feels like they have their own story to tell. the monsters are cool and unique, the setting is great, the animation is really nice, and its just a really cool concept. I hope it does well for Netflix and 3rd season gets green light cause this show is very expensive to animated as you need top flash animators(toon boom) as its very action heavy.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I probably shouldn't be enjoying Bofuri as much as I am. Today, overpowered Shieldbro-Girl, who already has OP gear and an OP turtle and a bunch of OP abilities and OP forms, gained 2 more OP forms, 1 that turns her into a demon monster and another that turns her into a gundam.

Was great.

It's a slow season, but no, I can't handle that shit lol

Somali is a bright light in a dark season, otherwise it's all pretty average.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I dunno, it does have a certain charm to it

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Whole part 3 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is up on Netflix and it’s uncensored.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It took it 9 damn episodes but holy shit Plunderer got good

Spoiler: show
    I guess according to the manga, the reason Licht didn't take down the chopper was because a kid was piloting it, which wasn't shown in the anime.

But yeah, the show has had a lot of stupid filler shit and we probably could've hit this point 4-5 episodes ago if it weren't dumbass drinking contests, cookoffs, or Jail just being a stupid hardass.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Whole part 3 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is up on Netflix and it’s uncensored.
    Good timing, I just finished part 2 and really enjoyed it. Part 1 was really boring for me and I found it hard to finish. Starting part 3 now, at where Joseph meets with Jotaro and I cannot stop grinning. I believe most memes came from part 3? I can't wait to see them for myself!

edit: at ep 4 now, aeroplane fight. this stand stuff is way better than the hamon stuff!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So Ash followed up catching a Dragonite by catching a Gengar. Kid is not fucking around about becoming a "pokemon master" in this new series. No more catching cute starters and starter area pokemon and training them up, just straight going for power-houses now lol

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Looked up a clip of it. Ash looks so weird now

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They updated the animation style in Sun Moon. It takes a bit getting used to especially if you're used to everything pre that series, but the show is waaaaay better off because of it. Way more fluid and expressive and fun

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Teen Titan Go-TEEN TITANS ROAR. I decided to see this episode since an episode that makes fun of the 80’s and reboot series fans. This is intensely desperate cope on CN's part which requires no analogy whatsoever to point and laugh at. This is honestly one of the dumbest crossovers Cartoon Network has ever done in attempts to advertise other shows. Roars is a failure in rating and so is TTG (used to do 1m+). ps this scene is said by original voice actor of Lion-o.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I gave Thundercats: Roar an honest try since it was on after Apple and Onion, which is awesome by the way, and the shit was beyond terrible. I think it was the first episode. The only portion that was hilarious was the insinuation that berbils are huge masochists that love saying mumra’s name in order to get struck by lightning. That got a legitimate laugh out of me lol.