+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Winter 2020 Anime     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, the underground fighting/MMA-esque ones on Netflix are fucking garbage, and not just because of the crappy CGI. There's only so much, "How is this fucker not dead?" that can go on before you just peace out.
    The Ashura one right? The cgi was hard to get thru but I did laugh pretty hard at the scenarios, like this old buff guy having near perfect balance because he was a spear fisher on a boat for decades so he’s used to uneven ground lmao, like sure whatever. The one called Laevius I thought was really good. Kinda standard plot but action scenes were well done for it being boxing with steampunk accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So far checked out:

Heya Camp: Just as comfy as ever.

Isekai Quartet 2: The usual hijinks, plus Shield Hero. For some reason, the Overlord cast never gets old for me, even though they play the same jokes over and over.

Eizouken: I liked it, bf didn't. He can't appreciate art (literally) so I'll be watching this one by myself. It has some real artistry going on.

Bofuri: Might end up being our favorite of the season. So cute and feel-good but damn that girl is a savage lol.

Ishuzoku Reviewers: Now this is culture. But seriously despite the lewd premise it's very funny, the characters are somehow endearing and the whole package (heh) turns out to be an incredibly enjoyable feel-good show. I have no idea how this happened but I'm glad XD

Still have quite a few shows to check out. Every season there's more and more good stuff. I wonder if this will end up being the golden age of anime.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Have you checked out In/Spectre ? It definitely is intriguing me with the premise and it being sort of slice of life style. And second on Bofuri . I love isekai genre so that plus dendogron sp? Have been fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well still on our list are In/Spectre, Madoka, Dendrogram, 22/7, Hanako-kun, Seton Gakuen and Koisuru Asteroid as definite tries, and Darwin's Game and possibly a couple others as maybes if we get around to them. We'll definitely be checking those out pretty soon. There are a stupid number of shows that interest us this season and it's only gonna get worse from here having looked at the livechart for the rest of the year, also considering many of the late year offerings won't even be listed yet.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    "BNA" (Brand New Animal). (Studio Trigger)only Netflix japan will get it weekly episode release. the rest Of the world will get it at a later date as season formate.
    English subs

Finally got around to starting Carole and Tuesday. I'm 2 episodes in and I can already tell this show is gonna destroy me emotionally. Can't wait...

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ash caught a fucking Dragonite

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So no having watched any since Johto, is this a game changer? Besides Charizard I'm not sure if he ever owned a large class Pokemon.

With this, I expect amazing things. Like winning a lot of battles and also travelling on it...

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Nah he's got a few big powerhouses now. In Sun/Moon, he had a Ultrabeast and a MelMetal and his Litten evolved from the 2nd form (which I don't remember what it's called) to an Inceneroar, but he never actually got the chance to use it.

He's had a few other pretty good final evolutions, Noivern, Torterra, Infernape, Crookidile, Sceptile, Goodra, Greninja, and a Snoorlax too.

That being said, every new "game" the series goes into, a lot of his older catches from the previous game arcs just get left behind. Sun/Moon totally changed up the style of the show (for the better in my opinion) and just made it way more fun and lively but while you saw Brock and Misty again, and you got to see some of his older pokemon when the class visited Kanto, he didn't use them at all.

And with this new series, they're dabbling into Sword/Shield a lot but also revisiting old regions a ton too so there's a lot of hope that he'll use his old pokemon again.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Cassandra’s Revenge. The animation in this episode is wicked, They really do an amazing job with Cassandra’s suit, because its black they really have to cut some amazing shapes out of the background to make that shape look natural in motion. The team on Tangled clearly love what they do. Absolutely minimum shading just A+ form and great perspective. The song 2:19-2:30 has some James Baxter level stuff. The fluidity of the camera movement is so natural. as far as the animation goes each character had to be tweaked for every single frame for it to continue to sell the rotation.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    Finally got around to starting Carole and Tuesday. I'm 2 episodes in and I can already tell this show is gonna destroy me emotionally. Can't wait...
    Studio bones did an amazing job with the music, they even traced real people for the animation.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Has BONES ever done bad animation? There are a few series they animated that performed subpar (Scrapped Princess) or fell short of what they could have been story-wise (Wolf's Rain) but they're absolutely my favorite animation studio (well, maybe tied with Kyoani) and I can't imagine them putting out a bad product. But I also haven't seen everything they've done.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Funimation Removes Interspecies Reviewers Anime as it 'Falls Outside' Company's Standards
    After careful consideration, we determined that this series falls outside of our standards. We have the utmost respect for our creators so rather than substantially alter the content, we felt taking it down was the most respectful choice.
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ndards/.156012

I havent seen this show so I have no idea what the problem is, anyone have insight on why? Don't really want to google it from what some of the comments on the story say

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I read bits of the manga but couldn't focus, but I think to sum it up it's too ecchi or borderline hentai haha

If Gulk was around I think he can be provide more detail XD

Can probably figure 1/4th of the episodes are being censored, which is to be expected when the entire premise is pretty much people rating their fucking of monstergirls/fantasy races.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Zalrik21 View Post
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ndards/.156012

I havent seen this show so I have no idea what the problem is, anyone have insight on why? Don't really want to google it from what some of the comments on the story say
    I skimmed through this (uncensored version) to see what that people were talking about. The third episode is straight hentai.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Been watching and enjoying it. It's really pretty funny. Yes there is a lot of sex but the comedy is the star of the show. The animation is also really good and the cast is likeable. I expect that the problem Funi has with the show isn't the amount of sex but rather what kind of sex they're showing.

It's like if 4chan's deviant hentai board made an anime. There could be arguments that it's "objectifying women" (because the entire point is a bunch of guys go around rating their sexual experiences with women which largely depends on the type of woman they're with), that it's "homophobic" (even though one of the main chars is a hermaphrodite and that's played pretty straight, there's an ep where the straight dudes make fun of him for picking a futa to have sex with instead of a girl), or I guess that it's just too alarming for some viewers because it includes a lot of alternative fetishes like slime girls, futas, genderswapping, size difference, cowgirls, etc.

I'm willing to bet they keep getting complaints about it from tumblrinas who find it offensive.

Yeah I'm surprised by how funny it can be, I usually don't fuck with ecchi/hentai stuff but the sex is really kind of an afterthought compared to the setting and characters.

Anime is weird, you can have over sexualised teens doing everything up until sex and everyone is OK and the show is popular, but you sexualise women of various fictional races in something that's a bit more realistic and grounded (LOL) and suddenly everyone flips their shit.

Could probably safely argue that Japan has a problem with tangential pedophillia in anime. Sure, a lot of stuff may be aimed at teens, and as a result you may see teens doing adult things, but we've gotta remember that it's also adults making this stuff and adult fans are similarly fapping to it. Trying to find loopholes like a dragon loli is actually hundreds of years old, so it doesn't count, doesn't really help matters. In the case of IR, the angel is probably in the 12-13 range of stature, which can understandably get some people rankled with him wearing skintight biker shorts flaunting his bulge and eventually seeing a hyena girl mount him before cutting to a black screen. And honestly, I don't blame Funi for taking this stance after that happened. I do find it dumb they even picked up the show to begin with, though, because it's literally a bunch of dudes talking about their fucking experiences. I'd even be happier if they did remove the angel character or at least aged him up to a young adult, because you could still maintain the whole innocent/sheltered aspect that way.

I think more generally people are simply way too sensitive about the depictions of tittilating, and not even implicitly sexual things. Take the half-time show at last night's superbowl as an example. So many people angry at booty shaking, some pole dancing, or crotch shots no worse than a girl in a bathing suit. Hell, on the gamer nerd end, just seeing how batshit people got because some dare to feel SE played it safe with Tifa's boob size is further indicative of how embarrassed we get about bodies simply even existing beyond some puritan standard of proper. And for how tolerant we are of violence, the rejection of anything provocative will just continue to stymie me.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

If you like Ishuzoku Reviewers, you should read the creator's other major work, The World Of Moral Reversal (Teisou Gyakuten Sekai), it's just as funny.