Closed Thread
Page 86 of 132 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
    Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/45...to-US-security

Why would you want aid from the biggest threat to US security? That'd be like asking Putin for aid, no?
    I mean I sure as hell wouldn't Donald Trump personally assisting me in any way (whether I was a hospital manager or a Governor) since he ruins everything he touches. However I still would want federal government aid to be properly distributed and not withheld just because I called a dumbass out on being a dumbass.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    No, it wouldn't. You're an ER doc. If your hospital CEO said not to give your department equipment because you called him a doodoo head you'd be livid.

Knock that shit off.
    There's a reason his approval rating is like 40% in a deep blue state. Too busy signing laws about plastic bags and forcing gender identity politics into schools as opposed to dealing with the crisis. No excuse for his horrible handling of this situation. And then cries to trump about the Federal government not helping enough? The dude is the fucking governor. Sorry man but I can actually speak to this as my family all lives in WA and he's been truly awful through this situation.

But hey, now Kindergarteners will know that you can sexually identify as a helicopter if you want, I guess.

https://www.krem.com/article/news/po...8-445f1ec24306
    https://www.kxly.com/gov-inslee-sign...e-sex-ed-bill/

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I don't doubt your assessment of the governor, but generalizing as the President of the US that only people who are nice to you will get help is dumb as fuck.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Banned.

BG Level

I don't doubt your assessment of the governor, but generalizing as the President of the US that only people who are nice to you will get help is dumb as fuck.
    Inslee got pissed when Trump said the Federal Government is a backup when necessary (the absolute truth). HE needs to be the "Tom Brady" or whatever the fuck - not the President. Sorry but I signed to work in WA starting in July and seeing the mishandling of the situation there makes me worry about how the situation will be at that time.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I don't doubt your assessment of the governor
    You should

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

HE needs to be the "Tom Brady" or whatever the fuck - not the President.
    Inslee invoked a football star and one of the president’s most famous associates. Be like Tom Brady, Inslee said, and less like a “backup quarterback,”

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    You should
    Okay for clarity I don't doubt how he feels about it.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

And Washington State has one of the lowest daily growth rates of new cases in the nation thanks to Inslee's early lockdown. He didn't have the lag time to respond like other states that got hit later had and he still did the right thing.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Inslee got pissed when Trump said the Federal Government is a backup when necessary (the absolute truth). HE needs to be the "Tom Brady" or whatever the fuck - not the President. Sorry but I signed to work in WA starting in July and seeing the mishandling of the situation there makes me worry about how the situation will be at that time.
    The criticism being lobbied at Trump is his failure to do things that the federal government specifically is key for.

Or are you one of those people who rate Trump's performance as 10/10? Excited about ending these lockdowns by Easter?

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    And Washington State has one of the lowest daily growth rates of new cases in the nation thanks to Inslee's early lockdown. He didn't have the lag time to respond like other states that got hit later had and he still did the right thing.

What? WA lockdown JUST started 4 days ago.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

WA only fully locked down just this week, but it's been pretty heavily encouraged in the state since the first case and was helped along by the area being so heavy with people able to WFH. It wasn't until all the dipshits hit Alki Beach last weekend that they made it official.

He should have probably made an official shelter in place order earlier to prevent last weekend, but otherwise the state has been in a good place.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

CT in 2 place on the chart! Woo we're silver!

Wait...

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Sounds like self employed in MI aren't getting assistance.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://www.wbur.org/news/2020/03/28...ior-land-trust
    https://mashpeewampanoagtribe-nsn.go...ss-of-our-land

Secretary Of Interior David Bernhardt has ordered the seizure of land from the Mashpee Wampanoag tribe in Massachusetts.

The Bureau of Indian Affairs told the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe on Friday that their reservation will be disestablished and their land taken out of trust, per an order from the secretary of the interior.

In an email to the leadership of the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, Jean-Luc Pierite, head of the North American Indian Center of Boston, called the move an existential crisis for all tribes federally recognized after 1934. The move without a court order signals that reservations across the United States could be taken out of trust at the discretion of the secretary of the interior, Pierite said.

Conner Swanson, a spokesperson from the Department of the Interior, said the tribe remains federally recognized, and that there was a court decision mandating the department's action.

"We know that Congress is the only group that has a plenary authority to do that. So the court did not issue a mandate," Cromwell said. "So this is very nefarious activity by the [interior secretary]."

Pierite said the interior secretary's move is based on the 2009 Supreme Court ruling Carcieri v. Salazar, which established that the federal government cannot take land into trust for American Indian tribes recognized after the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934.
    From the comment section:

The story leaves out some key information. The tribe wasn't established until 2007. In 2009, SCOTUS ruled that the US could not recognize new tribes after 1934 without an act of Congress. The reservation was created in 2015, and the Dept of Interior was sued in 2016 over that creation. The tribe lost and appealed. Their appeal was dismissed on March 2, 2020. The Department of Interior and the Tribe were defendants in the case, fighting to allow the reservation to exist. The Department of Interior is choosing to follow the court order, the tribe wants to keep fighting.
    So it seems that the Interior Sec doesn't want to continue to fight for the rights of this tribe.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Trump says he won’t comply with key transparency measures in the coronavirus stimulus bill
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...al-wont-comply

Literally as the dude signs it into law, he says he will not follow the law

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Tweets from Trump this afternoon:

Polls are showing tremendous disapproval of Lamestream Media coverage of the Virus crisis. The Fake News just hasn’t figured that out yet!

Because the “Ratings” of my News Conferences etc. are so high, “Bachelor finale, Monday Night Football type numbers” according to the @nytimes, the Lamestream Media is going CRAZY. “Trump is reaching too many people, we must stop him.” said one lunatic. See you at 5:00 P.M.!

“President Trump is a ratings hit. Since reviving the daily White House briefing Mr. Trump and his coronavirus updates have attracted an average audience of 8.5 million on cable news, roughly the viewership of the season finale of ‘The Bachelor.’ Numbers are continuing to rise...
    ...On Monday, nearly 12.2 million people watched Mr. Trump’s briefing on CNN, Fox News and MSNBC, according to Nielsen — ‘Monday Night Football’ numbers. Millions more are watching on ABC, CBS, NBC and online streaming sites, and the audience is expanding. On Monday, Fox News...
    ...alone attracted 6.2 million viewers for the president’s briefing — an astounding number for a 6 p.m. cable broadcast, more akin to the viewership for a popular prime-time sitcom...
    ...The CBS News poll said 13 percent of Republicans trusted the news media for information about the virus.” Michael M. Grynbaum @NYTimes

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Our President cares more about his press conference ratings than the pandemic response....and yet, I'm not surprised in the least

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

He does understand that the America people look to the president. Even if you hate him, people still toon in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Uh, no it's because he's Donald Trump.

He has the highest recorded turnout for his inauguration you'll recall.

And despite the rain, it was a completely clear day.

Closed Thread
Page 86 of 132 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast