Closed Thread
Page 33 of 132 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

While we're at it, we should just make Northern Ireland part of Ireland. Brexit solved. Or Irelend part of the U.K. Also problem solved with Trump logic.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Looked at another way, it is basically just renaming the status quo a two state solution and giving Israel maybe more responsibility for Palestinian's QoL.

Should be quiet there . . . I mean, just imagine that Palestine is one big camp run by Israel where people go to concentrate.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In case you guys missed it my link was saying that ol' Turtface doesn't have the votes to prevent witnesses anymore.

I won't believe it until we have witnesses on the floor, and ideally without conditional bullshit like 1:1.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    In case you guys missed it my link was saying that ol' Turtface doesn't have the votes to prevent witnesses anymore.
    Sounds like posturing to pretend they didn't have this decided on day 1.

He said something similar about the votes for Kavanaugh.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I feel like it's pretty obvious the public backlash is speaking here.

Maybe they're hoping people stop paying attention so they can vote no and move on. They can't do it when people are watching.

It's really amazing that most of our government operates on citizen trust. If people aren't paying attention they assume the representatives are doing their jobs, getting stuff done, and fighting the good fight. That's why there are bad faith arguments.

But when things are in the public eye and they can't bullshit it away, the only thing they can hope is that people tune out.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

This question phase is pretty interesting

BG Level

Yes. Interesting.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...rrage-serious/
    https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1219957242692358146

On Friday, 11 troops stationed in Iraq, who were at the airbase that was bombed by Iran, were flown out of the country because they had traumatic brain injuries (concussions). Today when Trump was asked about them at the World Economic Forum, he said their injuries were "not very serious.”
    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    The Pentagon now says it's 34 troops who were affected.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/militar...-iran-n1125276

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Defend this.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Defend this.
    I kinda wonder if he realizes that every single person who ever did something illegal felt that they were justified for doing so.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is part of the problem of avoiding calling it bribery/extortion.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Fucking LOL. If Trump believes that it's in the country's best interest that he be reelected, that using our tax dollars as ransom for a smear campaign from another country is ok?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    I kinda wonder if he realizes that every single person who ever did something illegal felt that they were justified for doing so.

Part of being a narcissist is not so much the realization that others felt justified as it is no justification is needed because it's not illegal (because if a narcissist is doing it, it's not illegal because there's a good reason).

I think this trial has proved that Trump isn't the problem. The way the right lines up with this much evidence really got me. They went from the party of morals and laws to this in under one term. Trump is going to Trump, but these Republicans are the problem.

Edit: And these are not uneducated, Fox news watching, misinformed old people. These people KNOW what is going on, and they feel keeping their seats is more important.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I mean, they are still the party of morals and laws if you ask them.

There had always been a pretty big gap between the story Republicans tell about their motivations and what they actually do.

i know that, well, i thought i did anyways. I guess i just thought if push comes to shove, they would really show at least a little moral backbone when it comes to serious shit like this.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

God could literally come down from the heavens and proclaim Trump is guilty in front of all the religious right and GOP members...and they would state he was a 'Deep state agent' and that Jesus looks like an illegal immigrant.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I think this trial has proved that Trump isn't the problem. The way the right lines up with this much evidence really got me. They went from the party of morals and laws to this in under one term. Trump is going to Trump, but these Republicans are the problem.

Edit: And these are not uneducated, Fox news watching, misinformed old people. These people KNOW what is going on, and they feel keeping their seats is more important.
    First time getting into politics?

This is exactly what's wrong with our system. Would the left adamantly defend a Dem president if he were impeached despite overwhelming evidence that he was guilty and cast their morals aside?

Well, yes. That's exactly what happened.

It's not a left or right problem. It's just a fucking problem.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    God could literally come down from the heavens and proclaim Trump is guilty in front of all the religious right and GOP members...and they would state he was a 'Deep state agent' and that Jesus looks like an illegal immigrant.
    This reminds me of my previous boss. Overall there are plenty that are much worse than him, but once he gets going on politics, behavior of "certain people", etc it turns into a shit show. R no matter what till he dies. One time I tried to share a cool story I heard on NPR (Weekend Edition, non political) but as soon as I said NPR he cut me off and said "oh, the enemy". The thing that got me the most is his wife is a teacher at a Catholic school and he has participated with Knights of Columbus for decades so I would think (and I believe most "normal" people would too) that he would share the God loves everyone attitude towards everyone or something. But hell no. Basically a bit of racism (if you fit his bill that is) and annoyance for poor people.

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 132 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast