1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    honestly i felt that venat was in a sense, you. that you were the form they chose, at least for the source, and the other WoL counterparts of you (such as aldbert) were the forms they chose to protect the other shards. since they would be split up, it would make sense that they wouldn't retain their original memories, yet they would retain that burning desire of the heart to do good. not to mention the unusual strength of will and connection to hydaelyn, as it is, in a sense, your higher self.

after all, the ancients are genderless and robed, so their form and gender could literally be anything.
    I thought of this too, however,
    Spoiler: show

a lot of people assume that the missing XIVth member of the Convocation (and Emet's friend) is the WoL and that wouldn't jive with Venat being us, because Venat specifically says the XIVth didn't join either the Zodiark or the Hydaelyn faction. It's possible the XIVth is NOT the WoL, but...c'mon...XIV.

I get the distinct impression that we are supposed to follow the thread of logic saying the XIVth is the WoL and not Venat.

There is also a theory someone posted on reddit that the WoL didn't join either faction because they went off on their own to try to fight the problem themself, like the WoL would do.

And yeah, Gaia looks really out of place. Nomura has to be a special snowflake.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I thought it was already specified that that the WoL was the 14th? The Hydaelyn faction even mentioned that the defector didn't join them.

The question I had was why exactly are we're at odds with Gaius' orphans? They should be more loyal to their surrogate farther then the Empire directly, judging from the flashback. That whole thing was kind of muted come to think of it, apart from the initial reveal of the pilot's identity, Gaius was pretty chilled out about us killing one of his kids. We just gonna murder the next two before this plotline resolves itself?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dunno, feels like standard political/military brainwashing. Sure, they went that route for their dad, but they probably got indoctrinated pretty strongly and are all for Garlemand right now, so Gaius' betrayal might have felt even worse for them.

And I don't think he acted chill about that, lol. He's just not overly emotional in general

Old Merits
    BG Level

Still not quite done with the mainstory, but is Gaia that goth chick from the preview screenshots? Definitely looks weird to me.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yep. She's part of the Eden raids, not the MSQ though

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

everyone needs to leave anne hathaway alone

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Went through 5.1 and 5.2 MSQ catch up no problem. Got gear level gates when I tried to do Ruby Weapon and new tier of Eden raid. Booooooo. Had to grind out some tomestones to replace my first tier Eden gear. Did the first two Eden battles last night before bed and they were really fun, not too crazy. Gonna try to finish the last two and Ruby tonight or tomorrow. Did the NieR raid and hated it, really hated it lol...but I haven’t played NieR so I guess I don’t have that connection. And it’s really hard to follow up on the Ivalice raids which were fantastic.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Why did you hate the NieR raid? The story? The fights?

I love that raid, but I have played NieR:A a little bit (plan to finish it before next one drops)

I'm indifferent leaning toward dislike on the Nier raid, myself.

In terms of story, I found it lacking.

In terms of mechanics, the delayed mine parts of the last one always kick my ass because I guess my latency is just shit enough. More generally, I feel like the bosses have a tad too much HP, but that could also be a result of me not running a parser and scrubs not carrying their weight. Have certainly had a few Hobbes fights where it's one raid taking down the last 30% because the others have wiped, too. Some days I felt like the first fight was the hardest in the raid, as well.

I think I'd generally be more tolerant of the combat shortcomings if the storytelling was better, but for anyone not familiar with Nier, the final encounter just has no real narrative oomph. "Why are these androids fighting?!" is what I suspect those who don't walk away with. Then again, maybe that's the point and I'm just asking for too much.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It does feel like those fights are quite lengthy

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Personally this type of cross over really breaks my suspension of disbelief. XIV and Automata are basically from two orthogonal genres and just ends up feeling like a constant reminder that you are playing a video game by reminding you of this other video game.

And I thought Nier was rather overhyped besides.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

There will always be those who lack taste

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finished Eden last night. Once again I found the third out of four fights to be the most difficult. Only for trying to keep track of which portal opened first and Alfred Hitchcock’s Birds murdering people. So, about Gaia:

So are we all in agreement that this “faerie” she has been talking to is a GF which is why we have so many FFVIII references and music and why she can’t remember anything? And she’s doing the whole angsty protagonist thing like a female Squall. I think it’s gonna come out that she is a Sorceress like Edea. Or they might even try to say she is Edea for all I know. Maybe we’ll get an Ultimecia/Grieved fight in the final tier, that would be dope.

Regarding the NieR raid, I am not drawn to the characters at all, and the clash of styles from post modern washed out androids is just too much difference from Final Fantasy for me. And I didn’t really find the boss fights very fun.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Can anyone hook me up to the sweet sweet music rips? Them Eden beats are great this time around.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Oh yeah didn't someone say Magus's theme was in this patch? Where?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Oh yeah didn't someone say Magus's theme was in this patch? Where?
    Apparently it wasn't. Some asshat hoaxed it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Sadface

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Qiqirn beast tribe remix of LA HEE is pretty banging tho

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Oh yeah, BLU cap got upped the last patch didn't it? How do people level this thing now that one shoting on the over world is out?

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Oh yeah, BLU cap got upped the last patch didn't it? How do people level this thing now that one shoting on the over world is out?
    By hunting spells

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast