Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

I saw a post from Ono a day or 2 ago that they're doing CPT qualifiers via online tournaments.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

EVO 2020 - Still hatin', still watchin'

Damn Evo might be in jeopardy. It had to be the year when MvC2 makes a comeback too. God damn Wuhan and their bat soup.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

NRS cancelled the LCQ for Final Kombat and the rest of the tournament will be played without an audience. A couple days ago Wizard said that there are currently no changes to Evo's schedule and CEO Dreamland is proceeding as planned too.

First half of the year is getting bodied though. I wonder if Final Round or NCR will even have a decent presence of international comp.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

This Tweedy dude isn't making it past 38.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Everytime I see a MK tournament he just looks even more unhealthy and disheveled.

It really stands out too since most MK players actually seem to take decent care of themselves except for him.

And damn, Spawn looks really cool

BG Level

He always looked rough, but this tourney...JFC. Dude has somehow put on even more weight and just looked...nasty.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

And NCR just straight up canceled.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yea, nothing they could do about it since the county cancelled them.

ArcSys tweeted yesterday that were pulling out of FR and not bringing the GG: Strive demos or trailer and today FR tweeted that they had the demo setups. Whoever's running FR's twitter missed the memo.

https://twitter.com/genickus/status/...886398976?s=20

BG Level

Jebailey showing he is truly the self-centered prick he acts like by keeping his anime tournament going this weekend. Enjoy that sickness flying in from all over.

The shithead also set up a paypal.me for donations because he is piss-poor awful at contracts.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Team NAH is having a resurgence this year has they sign more and more players.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What happened to CEO that its going bankrupt?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Lots of cancellations from attendees putting a crunch on the finances.

FR is still going as planned but I haven't seen anything in regards to how rough they are doing since I know they are experiencing lots of cancellations too.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm pretty sure Final Round hasn't been giving refunds so they're just taking the money and running

BG Level

Lollllll fuckin Larry.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/Jebailey/status/1238129040067788801

CEO can't cancel unless the city of Orlando orders it. If he does cancel, he loses his investment.

BG Level

God I love fuckin with his idiots lmaoooo

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...bhDogRoPs/edit

From Final Round

Narrated by: Larry S. Dixon Jr.

Hello Everyone,

We have been constantly monitoring the recent events with the COVID-19 virus that has gone from a health advisory in our local city/region just a week ago to a worldwide pandemic. We value everyone’s health and safety during this time of crisis and our perceived lack of response until now is not due to us not caring about our attendee’s health/safety! We were taking all the steps we needed to properly address the public. Since 1997 Final Round has been apart of the fabric of the FGC even before it was called the FGC. There has been tornado’s ravaging the city of Atlanta during the event and we didn’t cancel the event. We have had a venue that for two straight years that the event attendance couldn’t pay for itself even with corporate sponsorship and we didn’t cancel. It’s with a heavy heart and a great responsibility to our community health/safety that we cannot run Final Round 2020! With people traveling from not only around the USA, but around the world and visiting the busiest airport in the world we can not be the cause of potentially spreading COVID-19 throughout the Southeast region and beyond for a video gaming event.

We take our staff/volunteers/attendee’s safety/health very seriously and our prior statement of still running the event was made due to the projections in our city/area that there was only a health advisory with no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Georgia. Within that time COVID-19 went from no case in Georgia to just two cases confirmed and then to over 41 in the matter of a week. It goes without saying that everything is fluid in a situation like this and we kept a watchful eye on the growing concerns for players emails/dm’s and the growing cases of confirmed cases in the State of Georgia and it is at the point that it would be irresponsible as not only a FGC event organizer, but as a generally caring person we couldn’t continue to have this event ran as scheduled. It’s bad right now in our city and schools have been suspended indefinitely until this thing clears up. All professional sports have been canceled throughout the USA and most events with moderate/larger gatherings have been canceled in the city of Atlanta.

Final Round ability to function has always been from the revenue of the entry fee’s along with sponsorship. The old saying the tournament has to pay for itself. With the COVID-19 outbreak many sponsors that were either signed up or in negotiations with being apart of FR2020 pulled out. We have a cut off date for refunds (feb 29, 2020) because the administrative cost must be paid throughout the upcoming months/weeks prior to the event for it to function. Multiple deposits for the venue, all the games + DLC, badges, 2000 doctor mask, electricity, internet, badges/lanyards, tons of cleaning supplies and disposable gloves are all things that were paid for prior to today and are unfortunately non- refundable. Obviously the cleaning supplies/mask/gloves were a last minute addition to help protect our attendee’s, but with the rapid spread of COVID-19 in our area those things will not be enough to safely have the event. We would never touch the game fee money at any cost because that’s never been an option, but the venue fee is vital to the event being able to be run. We aren’t going to run away the night with everyone money like other events have done in the past, but we do not have the ability to give full refunds due to administrative cost talked about earlier in this post.

This is the smallest FR in attendance/competitors since we were at the Buford highway venue. Maybe it was the lack of being on a lot of the tours we are normally apart of (which is another story) or cancelations of tours/exhibits or maybe it was because of the COVID-19 virus because we normally have a huge push in the last two weeks of registration, but that didn’t happen this year. We appreciate the Sponsors that stuck with us to the very end and even those that pulled out earlier due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Thank you for choosing to be apart of FR2020. We wish you good luck in all your future tours! We wish things could be different, but we understand why things happened the way that they did as this was an uncontrollable situation. We normally don’t give refunds after the cut off date, but this is a different situation. I understand and seen the dm’s/emails. As of now the remainder of the money is going to be used to refund attendee’s and vendors. Attendees will receive their game fee per game + 43% of your venue fee’s. We will contact the vendors via email for your refunds.

Another option we were exploring was to give the game fee refund and offer a rain check for a future FR event. At this moment I feel like I should give back what I can and if people choose to attend another FR event that will be by choice and not because it’s owed to them. I will be spending today and all of tomorrow to complete all transactions. For everyone that planned to attend FR2020 I’m sorry I had to cancel the event. I canceled FR2020 for the safety of our staff/volunteers/attendees to the potential of getting contaminated and transmit COVID-19 back to your home area. With it being a week before the event this is very short notice so we are doing the best we can to get things handled. We didn’t want to wait until the day before the event and cancel because there’s no telling how bad it will be a week from now! I hope you understand why I had to cancel the event and thank you for the support throughout the 23 years I’ve been running tournaments.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Goddamn do I fucking love me some mahvel

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/nycnextlevel/sta...73358023704582

Next Level has canceled all fight nights until further notice.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag