Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised to see Nintendo hold their own Melee/Ultimate online event now instead.

A few different reddits are making this sound like the original event games are now just exhibition matches, press events, or reveals and the only "real" tournament action is the 4 side games (Skullgirls, KI, Herds, MK11). Does that sound right?
    I don't really see why they would. They never supported these things in the first place. The players have screamed for years for them to support them, and their response has been tepid at best, and hostile at worst. Why would they start now, over an exclusion from an online EVO slot?

Hell, I HOPE they do. I want the world to see just how bad the Smash online experience is. I can play casual matches with a friend about 300 miles away from me and it turns into a slideshow with us both plugged into ethernets. Meanwhile I can play fucking Overwatch with friends in Japan and its clean and pristine. Fighting games (in Japan) have been ignored for too long due to the Japanese selfishness of designing content strictly for their own comfort in mind, while releasing it to the world. If you wanna make cash off the world, make your games for the world. Its half the reason I don't buy a lot of new Japanese fighting games until they're heavily discounted. Shit's gone beyond the usual fanboy desires, such as characters or artstyle, when thinking about things I want from a new Japanese game. Will I even be able to play this goddamn game online? Do I have to move to the land of vending machine panties if I want to have an enjoyable experience with this product?

@Welt: Fuck no. You have to literally buy an adaptor to plug it into.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Garbage fucking hardware.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

EVO 2020 - Still hatin', still watchin'

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Garbage fucking hardware.
    It’s clear Nintendo doesn’t give 3 shits about online when their mediocre ass service costs $20/year and provide us a barely updated library of NES/SNES games... which hasn’t been updated in months. No built in voice-chat (need a useless app) which btw Epic debunked as the switch supports built-in voice chat with fucking Fortnite, and horrible infrastructure.

I’m good paying for psn/xbl for $60/year and get games monthly along with a significantly better online service.

Even then, my XBL Gold/Game Pass ultimate is free until Dec 2021 thanks to the promotional deals i’ve received.

BG Level

I swore off buying Nintendo garbage, a long time ago. Got a Switch as a gift, played Zelda, and sold it. The second I saw their online service used some long ass GUID for an identifier I laughed and turned it off forever. I think that was the first Wii. If its still the same, have mercy lmao.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

And it ain't just Nintendo. Its Japan. I want to make sure people aren't bashing Nintendo over the head (rightfully), but giving other Japanese fighting game companies passes because they like their games. ALL Japanese companies are shit with online (although you could give a pass to some older SNK games): its a national/cultural issue, and it needs to be address nation-wide, not simply by Nintendo. Japan is fine with taking the world's money, without catering to the world audience in terms of service.

ArkSys doesn't get a pass because people really fucking like Guilty Gear.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    And it ain't just Nintendo. Its Japan. I want to make sure people aren't bashing Nintendo over the head (rightfully), but giving other Japanese fighting game companies passes because they like their games. ALL Japanese companies are shit with online (although you could give a pass to some older SNK games): its a national/cultural issue, and it needs to be address nation-wide, not simply by Nintendo. Japan is fine with taking the world's money, without catering to the world audience in terms of service.

Psn seems fine... to a point.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

@Welt: Fuck no. You have to literally buy an adaptor to plug it into.
    Now I want to see an online tournament with everyone on their shitty WiFi lmao.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

judging by comments from the handful of smash players i follow on twitter, and for reasons i cannot begin to fathom, SSBU people routinely hold wifi-specific online tournaments. like i guess they exclude ethernet players somehow? absolutely mystifying

i love the game but the online is pure garbage for anything serious. i do a lot of 4p FFA matches with friends and it's mostly fine for something like that, but their version of ranked is a total fucking joke.

BG Level

Even the new one of those is really bad. I think Guilty Gear needed to be simplified, by a lot, but the game just isn't any good.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

EVO 2020 - Still hatin', still watchin'

Even the new one of those is really bad. I think Guilty Gear needed to be simplified, by a lot, but the game just isn't any good.
    I hate to say it, but after playing Xrd again after the beta session, fucking shit Strive needs A LOT of work.

BG Level

I honestly don't think I've played a fighting game longer than 20 minutes, since I was last in Japan in October 2018 (SF4 arcade). The games are bad. I like to watch top 4 Tekken 7 matches, but that ship has sailed years ago, as far as me getting into the game personally.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Now I want to see an online tournament with everyone on their shitty WiFi lmao.
    It would be Sonics, Samus and Gannondorfs all day. Those 3 are absolute lag masters.

BG Level

Capcom Cup is going entirely online:

https://www.eventhubs.com/imagegalle...ap-cup-2020/1/

BG Level

Looks like the finals is being moved to the US in early 2021. 19 people will qualify and one person will be VOTED IN LOL.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks like the finals is being moved to the US in early 2021. 19 people will qualify and one person will be VOTED IN LOL.
    This is why participation trophies should never exist.

But correct me if i’m wrong, wasn’t Idom last year a wild card? Or was he the LCQ?

BG Level

Lol Strive was just delayed to an unknown date in 2021.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    This is why participation trophies should never exist.

But correct me if i’m wrong, wasn’t Idom last year a wild card? Or was he the LCQ?
    Idom got in from winning one tournament so I guess you could say he is a wild card. The player being voted in is from the pool of last year's Capcom Cup. It's not quite as bad since it's basically from proven players but it's still a shitty spot to give away.

BG Level

If Daigo is one of the few available for voting, he automatically wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Lmao

Unless something has changed within the last year, when has Nintendo ever supported the competitive community? They’ve openly despised it for as long as I can remember. Evo japan winner got a fucking pro controller for the grand prize lmao.
    I don't think they open DESPISE it anymore.... They have sponsored tournaments like Genesis. Although "sponsor" could just mean they let them borrow setups for all we know. But yea, the "standard" for Nintendo support is them not filing cease and desists on tournaments. Sometimes they hold tournaments at trade shows where they give away amiibos to the winners or some shit.

Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The Grid is still banned in online cpt events so enjoy your stage lag on top of all the other lag.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 98 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag