Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Not that it even matters anymore, but F-Champ banned from all Capcom events lmao.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

just saw that. good riddance, but also when was the last time he actually entered or placed in anything? doesn't seem like he's had any real presence since marvel died out.

BG Level

Haven't seen a match of his in ages. Dude moved back to the Philippines because he was broke.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lmao wtf happened?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Racist trolling in the name of "just a joke guys".

Have a public presence, get slapped when you fuck up public standards. It shouldn't be that hard to understand by this point.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Haven't seen a match of his in ages. Dude moved back to the Philippines because he was broke.
    lol holy shit, i didn't realize it was that dire. he's come a long ways from his bud light lambo photo op days!

the fchamp resurgence incidentally reminds me of my evo '14 trip. i was en route to vegas and randomly linked up with infrit at LAX because he was the one dude at the gate casually chilling with a fightstick, lol.

BG Level

Champ was basically one of the only FGC people left actually driving legit bad blood and rivalries when active, so that’s a loss. Rip to hype even further

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Heel personas are great for hype; bad for keeping themselves out of trouble. If you can't adapt to the times, die in obscurity. Isn't that literally fighting games 101?

You can heel it up without baiting race. Call someone a fucking scrub loudly during or in between matches and be done with it. That'll never, ever get you banned from anything.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

FGC has become a pussy ass safe space. Too many unwanted people have stepped foot in it.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    FGC has become a pussy ass safe space. Too many unwanted people have stepped foot in it.
    So much this. Shit is so terrible now.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Tbh i think the last thing that made me laugh in the fgc besides Yipes shenanigans was the “who bitch this is?” Situation

BG Level

Damn I was at the "who bitch this is" in person lmao.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

There's a couple TOs that are drafting some type of player code of conduct shit for attending their tournaments that I'm sure will go over as well as you think.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    I know you mean well but can you not with these random ass games

If this game was on a cabinet in a japanese arcade, it wouldn't even be on the same floor as actual fighting games

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

https://twitter.com/EvilGeniuses/sta...765418496?s=20

Chris G has been let go from EG. I assume it has to do with his old comments where called black fgc girls ratchet garbage and kinda shitty since he got signed with EG having full knowledge he said that. Extra shitty cause he moved to Seattle cause of EG as well. Seems like the new CEO ain't having it though.

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

EG is going zero tolerance right now. DotA2 went full #MeToo. One of EG's sponsored caster/analyst raped a few people that EG released him as soon as those allegations came to light.

BG Level

News from 2016 for $100 Bob. “The FGC sucks now”, ding ding!

The games, streams, hype, and culture all died back in 2016, sans a year of good Tekken 7 that is long forgotten. And it fucking sucks to admit it.

Edit: and the EG thing is strictly a reason for them to cut his contract with cause. He is bringing them in $0. Can’t go to tourneys, no good games to play, his streams don’t get big viewership unless it’s the annual drama chat about this, MK house, or MVCi. From a business standpoint, they just used his past post to save some cash. There isn’t going to be live FGC tournaments for a long ass time, and they can’t go online with success like FPS games because their dogshit netcode.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

FGC is just fine as long as you keep it exactly the same as the original FGC: stuffed in a greasy arcade or some dude's basement with no cameras and a prize pool that is just enough to allow you to buy 2 pizzas and a bus fare.

Want to make fat stacks through officially-sponsored tournaments? Grow up and act like an adult in a public setting.
    Want to get sponsored and make money literally by playing games with a camera on you just about all the time? Grow up and act like an adult in a public setting while on camera.
    Want to keep making that sponsored money even when not performing? Grow up and stop saying unprofessional shit on social media, where anyone can capture it and words last forever, even if you delete them.

Maybe you can hold a giant tournament, Welt, in your pleasure palace, where the bar of entry is screaming "Nigga, faggot, curleh mustache, bitches suck my dick!" 10 times at the door as loud as you can, to really recapture that nostalgic FGC feel. Then you can sponsor everyone who joins yourself so they can adhere to that old classic FGC feel while still earning a paycheck.

Nostalgic stupidity aside:

The real problem with the FGC isn't people having to act like adults in a public setting in order to make adult scratch, its Japan's obsession with only designing their games to be played in Japan, while releasing everything to the world and telling everyone to just deal with it. Kinda hard to have a FGC if nobody can fucking play an online tournament in COVID-Land because Japan only designed their netcodes of globally-released games to work properly in their home nation. I wish there was a fucking boycott every Japanese fighter that doesn't have decent netcode, but I know Japan still wouldn't get the message. They'd conflate the poor sales with poor interest in the genre, and give up on making the games.

Fucking moronic stubborn executives. I'm glad EVO has put their shitty practices on blast. Last I checked, the greatest FGC tournaments in the world aren't happening in Shibuya Prefecture. They're happening in Vegas, and when those big Vegas tournaments can't happen in person, those fancy Japanese fighters crumble to shit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 98 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag