Valefor

That female Kulve armor...

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh that Wandering Samurai haircut yes plz

Knew it was gonna happen but gonna be fucking deployed when those drop, prolly can't do em for 3+ months. Profound Sadness

At least hopefully Alatreon will just be a regular quest and not an Event one

Actually now that I remember it, there's the mod on PC that lets you do event quests offline, tho I'd have to solo them.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Just made all safi armour. First, what a pain on the ass to make. Second. Holy shit is it fun yet terrifying to use.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The health mechanic is pretty OP on rapid fire LBG and I'd imagine bow as well. You basically just stop using potions for good.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    The health mechanic is pretty OP on rapid fire LBG and I'd imagine bow as well. You basically just stop using potions for good.
    Yeah, I'm honestly amazed at how OP that healing ability is. Atfirst I was thinking it would just heal like a potion or mega potions worth. Not 100%. Gotta learn to dodge a bit better with it but I really really like this set.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Does it proc each time piercing ammo hits?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ok Safi healing math

The amount of health drained per attack depends on the weapon (slower weapons drain more health per swing/shot). GS is 8 health per swing, Duals Blade 2 health, etc.

Once you've lost 40 health on attacks that CONNECT without sheathing your weapon, you'll heal for 65 health. Multi hitting attack doesn't matter, it's based simply whether or not the attack hit. The exception to that is that if an attack hits multiple monsters, it will trigger the healing effect sooner.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I guess I wasn't super clear. On setups where you sort of dance around just outside of a monsters reach and don't get hit very often, even when you do get hit, you can generally ignore it and keep shooting because you know it'll proc a couple times before you get hit again.

A couple things worth noting are that Recovery Up DOES work with the set bonus heal, and also that the damage it causes CAN kill you lol.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

yeah i dont use the stuff 'cause losing up to 40 hp isn't a small thing. i got no balls

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For melee weapons absolutely fucking not, but I rock that shit for every non sticky ranged weapon now

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Just did Shock Trap rotation to cap Guiding lands. Went from level 2s to level 6s and 7s in 30 minutes.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Had taken a break for a few days, turns out that one fight I hadn't gotten around to doing was the final one before iceborn. The goddamn thing is so huge that I had to change to switch axe just to be able to hit anything with the wonkiness of the camera/targeting. I also died like a noob a few times before I finally could physically see the monster well enough to realize its final phase attack patterns.
    The witcher quest is teaching me that I'm an absolute noob at witcher. I'm probably going to relearn sword and shield so that I can cast firaga without all that cumbersome sheathing/unsheathing and maybe learn how to block those bullshit crow attacks.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

I recently picked up MHW again after a long hiatus, playing with 3 buddies in a Squad which has made the game far more enjoyable. We haven't gotten the DLC expansion yet. That guardian/defender set is way too OP. We shelved it since two of the members are new and we weren't learning a damn thing. We are steamrolling through the story as quickly as we can to get to high rank quests/gear. Anyone have any good sites that give a rundown of changes made, or things we should be accomplishing in the early/mid game?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Besides just learning the game in general I'd make sure to focus on the quests that will lead to mantle/booster and canteen rewards (whichever ones have the little word bubbles next to them).

The clutch claw is the major new mechanic in Iceborne that needs to be learned, and there's the tutorial in-game that covers how it works.

BG Level

i was curious if defender weapons would trivialize the base game.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Pretty much. When they got introduced on PC the forums were losing their shit Defender equipment ruined the game.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah they absolutely did.

A handful of the defenders were arguably a sidegrade or even an improvement over already best in class weapons, and they're so incredibly easy to craft and upgrade.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What's a early master rank set that I should be making? It's clear that my defense is absolute shit even taking on some of the HR event quests and I need to upgrade asap so that I can properly farm real weapons now that i'm out the handholding stage.

BG Level

high rank drachen armour has 88% armor mitigation (500 armour) and the top tier master rank sets have 92% defense mitigation (1000 armour)

defense is far and away the most useless stat in the game. get health boost 3 and divine blessing 3. those skills will actually improve your survivability

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Just managed to make all the Buff armour set. It’s hilariously awesome.