+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    ive still never fought tempered rajang yet. guess i should probably do more grinding lands
    It's really not a fun fight, unless you run into enough turf wars to make it fun.

Not interested at all in these two; fire+blast resist and "bend over and take it more" resist? Give us new elder dragons to farm, let us max out all our GL lands and have 6+ monsters roaming around so we actually see turf wars more than once in a blue moon. Hell, two of those would just be QoL improvements.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Anymore then 3 big monsters is probably a memory limitation on the consoles.

And I mean, while World certainly went a long way to improving many the series very bizarre quirks, Monster Hunter and QoL generally do not go hand in hand.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

So are all exclusive monsters in high level guiding lands strong as hell? Fought scarred yian and holy hell the amount of damage they can dish out is nuts

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

fortify

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Scarred is a tempered mob, so it's gonna hit hard.

But yeah fortify is stupidly effective for Guiding Lands. That and 1 point of Geologist slotted in makes GL way better.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've been slowly trying to catch up. At MR88 and trying to farm Silver Rath gear. I want Kushala gear for fighting Luna/Teo but I can't stand fighting him.

BG Level

Speaking of Silver Rath. How important would you say critical element is to an elemental build? Just asking since in terms of stats the Velk gear just feels meh. Dunno why they didn't keep it for Rath/Azure Rath gear.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Immensely important

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Unfortunately I main GS so I honestly don't know anything about gearing for elemental damage other than for bow which I can't even properly gear because I still don't have the Mighty Bow deco.

BG Level

the elemental meta is wearing either a four piece silver rathalos set or a 3/2 combination of safi'jiiva/stygian zinogre sets (safi weapon required). neither is really superior to the other. comes down to preference

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Unfortunately I main GS so I honestly don't know anything about gearing for elemental damage other than for bow which I can't even properly gear because I still don't have the Mighty Bow deco.
    I'm something like MR225 and HR500+ and just got my first Magazine jewel from guild alchemy during this event...

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    the elemental meta is wearing either a four piece silver rathalos set or a 3/2 combination of safi'jiiva/stygian zinogre sets (safi weapon required). neither is really superior to the other. comes down to preference
    Gotcha. Sadly don't have Silver Rath yet til I can learn to Git Gud on scarred angry birb for my Blankwing 2

BG Level

For future reference this is what all 5 of my elemental DBs sets look like.

If I had everything I wanted in terms of jewels and augment materials they'd look like this.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Elemental charms going up to 5 and the Sol waist having that one single slot is uber convenient.

Aside, isn't Agitator preferred over peak performance now? Monsters are basically permanently enraged now with the clutch claw mechanics so you can almost always count on the att/affinity boost from it.

BG Level

if you don't care about health boost at all 5 agitator is definitely what you want and you'd slot in 2 challenger+ jewels and a challenger/vitality jewel instead. i always play with health boost 3 though, and since i would already have capped affinity you get 8 more attack from pp 3 instead of agitator 3.

in general though, yeah, agitator is better and more useful. all of my raw builds use agitator.

to your point i'm pretty sure this is considered the pure damage focused elemental meta. your safi weapons go with full elemental upgrades instead of the affinity 6 upgrade i did, but i prefer a more comfy build

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh yeah I'd always use health boost on dual blades.

Iceborne clearly seems designed around players having Health Boost with how hard some of those fucks hit. The only build I have without any form of Health Boost is the Zinogre HBG Shield (waiting on that Safi for PC) and I've got oneshotted more then a few times when I slip up and get a little too aggressive.

BG Level

also for those new to safi weapons make sure you're clicking on the augmentation tab to see what the upgrades are. the most important aspect of those weapons is how you're upgrading them

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Oh yeah I'd always use health boost on dual blades.

Iceborne clearly seems designed around players having Health Boost with how hard some of those fucks hit. The only build I have without any form of Health Boost is the Zinogre HBG Shield (waiting on that Safi for PC) and I've got oneshotted more then a few times when I slip up and get a little too aggressive.
    Oh, hey, you're that guy.

BG Level

I really need to rethink my gear for LBG. As much as I love True Spare Shot for Blackwing I need survival skills to deal with tempered

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are you using Evasion Reload?

Only thing survival related I run with that gun is Health Boost, evasion reload playstyle has you so on the move most monsters have issues keeping up with you.

The sticky/poison build is the only one for Blackwing that really needs True Spare Shot, every other LBG/HBG build is usually fine with using the Spare Shot charm.