+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

let it be known that raging brach is the first and only iceborne monster that has triple carted me in single player iceborne. make sure you eat for fire res. antiblast aint enough

i'll report back later if furious rajang rocks my boat too

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I've been outdamaging Safi sticky players with an Aquashot Safi 5pc LBG build on Safi himself honestly. Way less utility (not knocking the monster down for the melee users) and harder to play because you need to hit a spot much smaller, but in terms of pure damage it's fucking nuts. I've also been on lance and seen a single elemental bow user do 50% of the total damage on him.

Of course, the downside is that it's annoying to "tank" Safi with an elemental LBG, especially since you're using 4x recoil mods with a reload that makes you stop instead of evade reload.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

That's one thing I hate about Safi with LBG. I am terrible with dodging aggro and I never see anyone try and draw aggro if they're a melee

I play hammer and DB. Literally every fight I've done save maybe two to three I draw aggro first and keep it for a significant amount of time. I'm not trying to. Don't even know how. I just want the bastard to die ASAP.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The person that does the most damage gets assigned aggro. If you have a tank, they can flinch shot it to immediately take it from you. There is a pile of stones in base camp and on all 3 levels, so there's no real excuse for not doing it, especially if you're using a lance because your damage sucks ass in that fight.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    let it be known that raging brach is the first and only iceborne monster that has triple carted me in single player iceborne. make sure you eat for fire res. antiblast aint enough

i'll report back later if furious rajang rocks my boat too
    2nd go all good once i came in prepared for brach. furious rocked me worse tho. i'm not even sure i want to continue attempting this as a melee solo

BG Level

have maxed tremor resist against furious r

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Rajang wasn't bad. His water thing is annoying. Was super surprised Brachy being as strong as he is. Low hp but gat dayum he can hit like a truck.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Raging Brachy has always been an absolute monster.

The changes to the fight are good tho, the original version in 4U was absolutely ridiculous in how many outright unfair mechanica it had.

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

I've always hated Rajang. I remember fighting him in MHFU2 and he was one monster I could never actually solo. Anyone down for some Challenges? I want to get the last upgrade to Great Hunters Bow but I suck.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    The person that does the most damage gets assigned aggro. If you have a tank, they can flinch shot it to immediately take it from you. There is a pile of stones in base camp and on all 3 levels, so there's no real excuse for not doing it, especially if you're using a lance because your damage sucks ass in that fight.
    A) As a Lance main, fuck you
    B) Sadly that is true unless you're giving Savi a manicure
    C) The sad thing is I've caught aggro quite a few times without relying on my slinger

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Just lucked out on two Immortal Reactors off of a single Raging Brachy. Throwing traps on him before he reaches the final area definitely speeds up the run.

BG Level

yeah i've got the full armour and challenger v charm now. this shit is pimp
    remember that you can upgrade all your silver armour even further now for more defense

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

yeah i've got the full armour and challenger v charm now. this shit is pimp
    remember that you can upgrade all your silver armour even further now for more defense
    Yo, this set is tits.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Brachy set is making non-tenderize builds totally viable , which is nice for weapons with limited sharpness.

Edit : and I guess can swap an Attack Jewel+4 for a Fortify/Attack jewel too for GL goodness

Is Constituion really needed for DB? Marathon Runner yeah but Constitution is really only a bow thing has always been my interpretation

Limecat
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    Blog Entries

Man, just fought Super Saiyan Rajang and I gotta say, I've never been fucked so hard in the ass by a monster. Like holy fucking shit. It was so bad that anytime he got near me, I got staggered locked and he just had his way with me like Cosby to an unconscious female.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    Is Constituion really needed for DB? Marathon Runner yeah but Constitution is really only a bow thing has always been my interpretation
    it's far mandatory but you have so many extra slots now why the shit not. you teleport and dodge in demon mode just as much as bow. at least i do.
    plus i dont have attack +2 jewels so it's one of my better options. i actually have all those jewels shown

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Man, just fought Super Saiyan Rajang and I gotta say, I've never been fucked so hard in the ass by a monster. Like holy fucking shit. It was so bad that anytime he got near me, I got staggered locked and he just had his way with me like Cosby to an unconscious female.
    i chose to go with tremor and stun resist against him and ate for ele resist. you're less likely to get fucked

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ay finally got my first single run Safi

2x ZSD Switch Axe, a LS, and HH (me)

Dunno why it didn't occur to me the degree to which ZSD Switch Axe can fucking melt Safi, but now I know

BG Level

Tried the Safi gear and oof I'm not good using it with Darkshot using Spread Ammo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast