+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 LastLast
Results 1561 to 1580 of 1617
  1. #1561
    BG Content
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    18,697
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    why is the German population's COVID-19 mortality rate so low? are they in any way genetically superior?
    No, Germany takes a very technical approach to causal death attribution (shocker.) E.g. if you die of pneumonia after getting COVID-19 in Germany, your cause of death is pneumonia.

  2. #1562
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,225
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I really don't think it is just Bernie bros, everyone has their go-to Reddit/media/whatever and they stick to it. This is about the only place that I know of where a mix of people fight because they have different views. Mainly because almost all other places have ranking systems that push down unpopular opinions.
    I'm inundated by Bernie supporters everywhere on my social media and am the lone voice for cynically settling for moderate neoliberals.

  3. #1563
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42,027
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    No, Germany takes a very technical approach to causal death attribution (shocker.) E.g. if you die of pneumonia after getting COVID-19 in Germany, your cause of death is pneumonia.
    That's fucking stupid. They must have an all-time AIDS death toll of 0.

  4. #1564

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,851
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    No, Germany takes a very technical approach to causal death attribution (shocker.) E.g. if you die of pneumonia after getting COVID-19 in Germany, your cause of death is pneumonia.
    well that is some serious chicanery

  5. #1565

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    I'm inundated by Bernie supporters everywhere on my social media and am the lone voice for cynically settling for moderate neoliberals.
    My social media is 99% right-wing. Sadly I used to debate and have fun trolling them until I started working for the feds. At that point, I wasn't allowed to "Take a stance" with a political side. I find it weird considering the people in real power are allowed to do so.

  6. #1566
    Caesar Salad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    19,873
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    JUST FOR THAT I'M NOT VOTING FOR BIDEN
    This is pretty good

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  7. #1567

    Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I really don't think it is just Bernie bros, everyone has their go-to Reddit/media/whatever and they stick to it. This is about the only place that I know of where a mix of people fight because they have different views. Mainly because almost all other places have ranking systems that push down unpopular opinions.
    This is part of the reason I've been revisiting BG these past few months. I transitioned over to Reddit after BG but in sort of a half-ass way because I have never posted on Reddit and probably never will. It feels like Reddit plays by it's own set of rules and there are just too many people on there. I feel like my post would always get lost in the void. The last three years in particular have been a sharp decline in Reddit's quality (and it was already in the gutter by then). It's nice being back on a regular style forum with people I actually know like Archi, Gredival, Ksandra and others.

    Another plus is I don't have to worry about Russian bots on this site. Unless Ragns wants to tell me something.

  8. #1568

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    I'm inundated by Bernie supporters everywhere on my social media and am the lone voice for cynically settling for moderate neoliberals.
    I keep wondering if the left leaning factions of this country are ever going to stop bickering amongst themselves and take a note of some of the actual successful strategies of the right. The GOP has it's own warring factions inside of itself but they all miraculously seem to put aside their differences during the general election to vote their guy into office. Meanwhile we're over here voting third party and abstaining from voting.

  9. #1569
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,838
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    That's fucking stupid. They must have an all-time AIDS death toll of 0.
    You see Ivan, you cannot die of cancer if you get bullet to back of head.

  10. #1570
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,225
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    The Bernie Bro crowd has dug up a rape accuser against Biden to try foment their #NeverBiden movement. Accuser did not report but claims contemporaneous accounts to friends and family. Claims that she did try go to several #MeToo organizations with the story near the start of the campaign but they refused to run it. She and Bernie supporters claim that the lack of support was political motivated rather than the allegations being unsubstantiated.

  11. #1571

    At this point my desire to see Biden win is shifting from deposing the orange demon to watching die-hard BernieBros eat shit.

    From a Newsweek article:

    Polling averages from Real Clear Politics show both Biden and Sanders were five points ahead of Trump in head-to-head surveys published prior to the Super Tuesday and South Carolina primaries, where former vice president Biden recorded crucial wins and revived his frontrunner status.

    By comparison, Hillary Clinton polled just three points ahead of Trump on average in the days immediately before and after the Super Tuesday races in 2016. She was also only three points ahead of Trump after winning the South Carolina primary with a landslide 74 percent of the Democratic vote.
    Source: https://www.newsweek.com/how-biden-s...ection-1490469

    And from a Vox article on primary turnout numbers from Super Tuesday:

    In most states, voter turnout was significantly higher this year than it was in 2016:

    In Alabama, turnout increased from more than 398,000 in 2016 to more than 451,000 in 2020.
    In Arkansas, turnout increased from more than 218,000 with all votes counted to over 228,000 with more than 99 percent of precincts reporting.
    In North Carolina, turnout increased from more than 1.1 million with all votes counted to more than 1.3 million with 99 percent of precincts reporting.
    In Tennessee, turnout went from more than 371,000 to more than 513,000.
    In Texas, turnout rose from more than 1.4 million with all votes counted to more than 2.1 million with more than 99 percent of precincts reporting.
    In Vermont, turnout increased from nearly 135,000 with all votes counted to more than 157,000 with roughly 89 percent of precincts reporting.
    In Virginia, turnout grew from nearly 783,000 to more than 1.3 million.
    Source: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-voter-turnout

    Clinton lost the 2016 election by approximately 70,000 votes split across three key battleground states and that was during one of the worst election seasons in recent memories. Intense voter apathy and the public's deep dislike for Clinton as a politician (among a slew of other issues) cost the party the election.

    I'm legitimately trying to understand how Biden screws this one up. Voter turnout is up this year. We've had four years of a Trump administration and while his poll numbers hold steady due to his die hard base, he's lost a lot of the moderates and "curious" folk who voted for him in 2016. Biden seems to be energizing the base of people who actually vote as opposed to Bernie. Not to mention, Biden is doing better in battleground states that Clinton struggled with in 2016.

    Look at the numbers from 2016 to 2020:

    Florida 2016 Primary - Clinton: 1,101,414 Sanders: 568,839
    Florida 2020 Primary - Biden: 1,077,116 Sanders: 397,091

    2020 Primary probably would have had higher turnout were it not for the Coronavirus effect.

    I'm not exactly saying this is in the bag for Biden. Far from it. But I am legit curious how things could go south this time around.


    EDIT: To clarify the primary numbers. Biden got less votes than Clinton by a small margin but outperformed Bernie by a greater margin than Clinton. His polling numbers against Trump are more favorable in the state as well. I have no doubt that primary numbers in Florida would have been higher were it not for the current pandemic.

  12. #1572
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    42,027
    BG Level
    10

    Primary turnout is not a good predictor of anything at all in the general.

    I agree that Biden is stronger than Hillary but those aren't the numbers I'd look to for why.

  13. #1573
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,225
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    At this point my desire to see Biden win is shifting from deposing the orange demon to watching die-hard BernieBros eat shit.
    Welcome to the dark side.

  14. #1574

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,273
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    The Bernie Bro crowd has dug up a rape accuser against Biden to try foment their #NeverBiden movement. Accuser did not report but claims contemporaneous accounts to friends and family. Claims that she did try go to several #MeToo organizations with the story near the start of the campaign but they refused to run it. She and Bernie supporters claim that the lack of support was political motivated rather than the allegations being unsubstantiated.
    #believewomenexceptwhenit'spoliticallyinconvenient

  15. #1575

  16. #1576
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,225
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    #believewomenexceptwhenit'spoliticallyinconvenient
    From what I pieced together it morphed from being another creepy/boundary issue to an actual allegation of assault only after the primary got deeper, so yes that does give me some pause as to the credibility here. She supposedly came forward about the boundary problems when other accusers were lighting into Biden so I don't understand how she would have been dismissed that easily since there was lots of coverage on the issue then.

    Given the meltdown Bernie's staffers are having on Twitter and their salt the Earth style, I do not put it past them at all to try a stunt like this.

  17. #1577
    Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    8,895
    BG Level
    8

    She alleges Biden inappropriately touched her and honestly who.has trouble believing that?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  18. #1578

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,273
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    From what I pieced together it morphed from being another creepy/boundary issue to an actual allegation of assault only after the primary got deeper, so yes that does give me some pause as to the credibility here. She supposedly came forward about the boundary problems when other accusers were lighting into Biden so I don't understand how she would have been dismissed that easily since there was lots of coverage on the issue then.

    Given the meltdown Bernie's staffers are having on Twitter and their salt the Earth style, I do not put it past them at all to try a stunt like this.
    it's considerate of the liars to only accuse Democrats

  19. #1579
    Kevin Chang
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,225
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    She alleges Biden inappropriately touched her and honestly who.has trouble believing that?

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    No the allegation went from inappropriate/uncomfortable contact to forced digital penetration when the story failed to gain traction the first time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    it's considerate of the liars to only accuse Democrats
    I don't know, the Dems cast out Franken for photographic evidence of inappropriate behavior without touching and allegations of touching.

    Kavanaugh had multiple accusers. Trump has multiple accusers and admission on tape.

  20. #1580
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    29,005
    BG Level
    10

    This is why we should’ve gone with my bae Kamala. She could’ve reversed uno’d all the sexual assault allegations.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. 2020 Democratic Primary Clown Car Special II: 365 Days of Busing
    By 6souls in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 3007
    Last Post: 2020-02-18, 13:51
  2. 2020 Democratic Primary Clown Car Special: 560 days of this bullshit.
    By Fiye in forum Politics: Advanced Shitposting
    Replies: 3023
    Last Post: 2019-07-05, 15:01