+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 134 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roranora View Post
    why is the German population's COVID-19 mortality rate so low? are they in any way genetically superior?
    No, Germany takes a very technical approach to causal death attribution (shocker.) E.g. if you die of pneumonia after getting COVID-19 in Germany, your cause of death is pneumonia.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I really don't think it is just Bernie bros, everyone has their go-to Reddit/media/whatever and they stick to it. This is about the only place that I know of where a mix of people fight because they have different views. Mainly because almost all other places have ranking systems that push down unpopular opinions.
    I'm inundated by Bernie supporters everywhere on my social media and am the lone voice for cynically settling for moderate neoliberals.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    No, Germany takes a very technical approach to causal death attribution (shocker.) E.g. if you die of pneumonia after getting COVID-19 in Germany, your cause of death is pneumonia.
    That's fucking stupid. They must have an all-time AIDS death toll of 0.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    well that is some serious chicanery

Quote Originally Posted by Gredival View Post
    I'm inundated by Bernie supporters everywhere on my social media and am the lone voice for cynically settling for moderate neoliberals.
    My social media is 99% right-wing. Sadly I used to debate and have fun trolling them until I started working for the feds. At that point, I wasn't allowed to "Take a stance" with a political side. I find it weird considering the people in real power are allowed to do so.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    JUST FOR THAT I'M NOT VOTING FOR BIDEN
    This is pretty good

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Yabby View Post
    I really don't think it is just Bernie bros, everyone has their go-to Reddit/media/whatever and they stick to it. This is about the only place that I know of where a mix of people fight because they have different views. Mainly because almost all other places have ranking systems that push down unpopular opinions.
    This is part of the reason I've been revisiting BG these past few months. I transitioned over to Reddit after BG but in sort of a half-ass way because I have never posted on Reddit and probably never will. It feels like Reddit plays by it's own set of rules and there are just too many people on there. I feel like my post would always get lost in the void. The last three years in particular have been a sharp decline in Reddit's quality (and it was already in the gutter by then). It's nice being back on a regular style forum with people I actually know like Archi, Gredival, Ksandra and others.

Another plus is I don't have to worry about Russian bots on this site. Unless Ragns wants to tell me something.

I keep wondering if the left leaning factions of this country are ever going to stop bickering amongst themselves and take a note of some of the actual successful strategies of the right. The GOP has it's own warring factions inside of itself but they all miraculously seem to put aside their differences during the general election to vote their guy into office. Meanwhile we're over here voting third party and abstaining from voting.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    That's fucking stupid. They must have an all-time AIDS death toll of 0.
    You see Ivan, you cannot die of cancer if you get bullet to back of head.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Bernie Bro crowd has dug up a rape accuser against Biden to try foment their #NeverBiden movement. Accuser did not report but claims contemporaneous accounts to friends and family. Claims that she did try go to several #MeToo organizations with the story near the start of the campaign but they refused to run it. She and Bernie supporters claim that the lack of support was political motivated rather than the allegations being unsubstantiated.

At this point my desire to see Biden win is shifting from deposing the orange demon to watching die-hard BernieBros eat shit.

From a Newsweek article:

Polling averages from Real Clear Politics show both Biden and Sanders were five points ahead of Trump in head-to-head surveys published prior to the Super Tuesday and South Carolina primaries, where former vice president Biden recorded crucial wins and revived his frontrunner status.

By comparison, Hillary Clinton polled just three points ahead of Trump on average in the days immediately before and after the Super Tuesday races in 2016. She was also only three points ahead of Trump after winning the South Carolina primary with a landslide 74 percent of the Democratic vote.
    Source: https://www.newsweek.com/how-biden-s...ection-1490469

And from a Vox article on primary turnout numbers from Super Tuesday:

In most states, voter turnout was significantly higher this year than it was in 2016:

In Alabama, turnout increased from more than 398,000 in 2016 to more than 451,000 in 2020.
    In Arkansas, turnout increased from more than 218,000 with all votes counted to over 228,000 with more than 99 percent of precincts reporting.
    In North Carolina, turnout increased from more than 1.1 million with all votes counted to more than 1.3 million with 99 percent of precincts reporting.
    In Tennessee, turnout went from more than 371,000 to more than 513,000.
    In Texas, turnout rose from more than 1.4 million with all votes counted to more than 2.1 million with more than 99 percent of precincts reporting.
    In Vermont, turnout increased from nearly 135,000 with all votes counted to more than 157,000 with roughly 89 percent of precincts reporting.
    In Virginia, turnout grew from nearly 783,000 to more than 1.3 million.
    Source: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-voter-turnout

Clinton lost the 2016 election by approximately 70,000 votes split across three key battleground states and that was during one of the worst election seasons in recent memories. Intense voter apathy and the public's deep dislike for Clinton as a politician (among a slew of other issues) cost the party the election.

I'm legitimately trying to understand how Biden screws this one up. Voter turnout is up this year. We've had four years of a Trump administration and while his poll numbers hold steady due to his die hard base, he's lost a lot of the moderates and "curious" folk who voted for him in 2016. Biden seems to be energizing the base of people who actually vote as opposed to Bernie. Not to mention, Biden is doing better in battleground states that Clinton struggled with in 2016.

Look at the numbers from 2016 to 2020:

Florida 2016 Primary - Clinton: 1,101,414 Sanders: 568,839
    Florida 2020 Primary - Biden: 1,077,116 Sanders: 397,091

2020 Primary probably would have had higher turnout were it not for the Coronavirus effect.

I'm not exactly saying this is in the bag for Biden. Far from it. But I am legit curious how things could go south this time around.

EDIT: To clarify the primary numbers. Biden got less votes than Clinton by a small margin but outperformed Bernie by a greater margin than Clinton. His polling numbers against Trump are more favorable in the state as well. I have no doubt that primary numbers in Florida would have been higher were it not for the current pandemic.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Primary turnout is not a good predictor of anything at all in the general.

I agree that Biden is stronger than Hillary but those aren't the numbers I'd look to for why.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
    At this point my desire to see Biden win is shifting from deposing the orange demon to watching die-hard BernieBros eat shit.
    Welcome to the dark side.

BG Level

The Bernie Bro crowd has dug up a rape accuser against Biden to try foment their #NeverBiden movement. Accuser did not report but claims contemporaneous accounts to friends and family. Claims that she did try go to several #MeToo organizations with the story near the start of the campaign but they refused to run it. She and Bernie supporters claim that the lack of support was political motivated rather than the allegations being unsubstantiated.
    #believewomenexceptwhenit'spoliticallyinconvenient

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    #believewomenexceptwhenit'spoliticallyinconvenient
    From what I pieced together it morphed from being another creepy/boundary issue to an actual allegation of assault only after the primary got deeper, so yes that does give me some pause as to the credibility here. She supposedly came forward about the boundary problems when other accusers were lighting into Biden so I don't understand how she would have been dismissed that easily since there was lots of coverage on the issue then.

Given the meltdown Bernie's staffers are having on Twitter and their salt the Earth style, I do not put it past them at all to try a stunt like this.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

She alleges Biden inappropriately touched her and honestly who.has trouble believing that?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BG Level

From what I pieced together it morphed from being another creepy/boundary issue to an actual allegation of assault only after the primary got deeper, so yes that does give me some pause as to the credibility here. She supposedly came forward about the boundary problems when other accusers were lighting into Biden so I don't understand how she would have been dismissed that easily since there was lots of coverage on the issue then.

Given the meltdown Bernie's staffers are having on Twitter and their salt the Earth style, I do not put it past them at all to try a stunt like this.
    it's considerate of the liars to only accuse Democrats

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    She alleges Biden inappropriately touched her and honestly who.has trouble believing that?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    No the allegation went from inappropriate/uncomfortable contact to forced digital penetration when the story failed to gain traction the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    it's considerate of the liars to only accuse Democrats
    I don't know, the Dems cast out Franken for photographic evidence of inappropriate behavior without touching and allegations of touching.

Kavanaugh had multiple accusers. Trump has multiple accusers and admission on tape.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

This is why we should’ve gone with my bae Kamala. She could’ve reversed uno’d all the sexual assault allegations.