Closed Thread
Page 125 of 151 FirstFirst ... 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast
    Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Another 683 people have died of the coronavirus in Italy, officials from the country’s Civil Protection Agency said Wednesday, bringing the country’s total death toll to 7,503 and pushing the global death toll past 20,000.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

New York state has asked the Federal Emergency Management Agency for help setting up emergency morgues as the death toll from the coronavirus strains hospitals and mortuaries.

FEMA said in a statement Wednesday that it has also received requests from North Carolina and Hawaii for “Disaster Mortuary Operational Response Teams” staffed by the Department of Health and Human Services. The teams are meant to assists states and cities with mass casualty events.

“These requests are currently in the review and approval process,” FEMA spokeswoman Lizzie Litzow said in a statement.

Never good when you need to set up extra morgues with federal help...

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Hawaii and North Carolina? To date HI has 1 reported death, NC has two. Seriously guys? You need federally staffed emergency mortuary services?

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Welp. Good thing I resolved to stay the [CENSORED] away from Atlanta.

We got 1k cases in GA now, and it's getting worse. One of the main hotspots is Atlanta.

So far Douglasville/Douglas County is not a hotspot, but hopefully things won't get worse. If they do, even our governor's going to have to do something or else..

BTW, here's the source.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by TsingTao View Post
    Hawaii and North Carolina? To date HI has 1 reported death, NC has two. Seriously guys? You need federally staffed emergency mortuary services?
    Wait for the inevitable or get ahead of it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

if only we were as flexible as Iran we'd just need an excavator and an operator

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Gadritan View Post
    Wait for the inevitable or get ahead of it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I suppose if you think your state's response to mitigating the spread of the virus was shit and you expect to be stacking corpses like cord wood then sure, request morgue services. When you haven't even logged 1500 confirmed cases it feels super premature.

New York asked because they have 30k+ cases.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Foreign ministers representing seven major industrialized nations failed to agree on a joint statement on Wednesday after the Trump administration insisted on referring to the covid-19 outbreak as the “Wuhan virus,” three officials from Group of Seven countries told The Washington Post.

Other nations in the group of world powers rejected the term because they viewed it as needlessly divisive at a time when international cooperation is required to slow the global pandemic and deal with the scarcity of medical supplies, officials said.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has brushed off criticism of his use of the term, saying it’s important to point out that the virus came from the Chinese city of Wuhan and that Beijing had a special responsibility to warn the world about its dangers.

When asked about a report that his insistence on the term caused a rift at the G-7 meeting, Pompeo did not deny the charge but claimed that any disagreements among the group were tactical and not sweeping in nature.

“Everyone in that meeting this morning was very focused on making sure that we not only solve the health crisis associated with the Wuhan virus but also the economic challenges that face the globe as we confront it as well,” Pompeo told reporters at the State Department.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So guy at work who can't ever stop talking decided to spend a bunch of time at an air ambulance picking what I assume was one of the nurses brain and has decided to come back and share his great wisdom about it with us for an.

So yeah 70% of it is the most basic of shit like maintain good diet and exercise and the rest is flat out wrong. Literally said that this isn't like the flu but actually just is a flu and not that bad. Said things like no disease including this can be passed once you are symptomatic... so once you feel sick come to work it's fine lol. Drinking is great to help combat it as long as you aren't an alcoholic. Touch your face as much as you want just don't rub your eyes or pick your nose. That the pandemic will end when summer hits because it literally can't survive the summer heat just like the cold or flu. <.<. after calling him out on some he just pulled his normal oh ok you're right about everything. When I bring up all the deaths he pretends like that's not real

Still not sure if it was his own spin on things that was so idiotic or whether he was really told this garbage

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Bauer has re-purposed their production facilities to make face shields for medical providers (instead of hockey helmets)

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Stimulus check details, my apologies for the quality.

Spoiler: show

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

Did this actually pass or is this another "this is what we want to pass" things? I am interested in hearing the details when it passes through the house and the senate and goes to the president.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut View Post
    Did this actually pass or is this another "this is what we want to pass" things? I am interested in hearing the details when it passes through the house and the senate and goes to the president.
    “At last, we have a deal,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said early Wednesday morning. “After days of intense discussions, the Senate has reached a bipartisan agreement on a historic relief package for this pandemic.” McConnell added the Senate will vote on the bill later in the day.
    vote expected later today, in the Senate.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

so canadia is jumping on the free bucks relief aid idea. $2000 a month. can apply april 6th and it's retroactive from march 15th.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

of course canadia would

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    so canadia is jumping on the free bucks relief aid idea. $2000 a month. can apply april 6th and it's retroactive from march 15th.
    Add in BC adding $500 a month relief to renters as well as another $1000 per person coming by May

I'm sure other provinces will do the same (except Ontario)

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Welp. I'll have to make any errands quick now; there's a Shelter in Place order for Douglasville now.

Let's hope it don't get worse in GA.

Because She's the woman Blue Gartr deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Order came down for the Sherriff's office duty stations , checking temperatures before we are allowed to enter buildings/start shift.

My Sgt. was concerned because of how low mine was , I average about 97.5 on a good day, have been as low as 95 before on multiple thermometers.

Though it was confirmed at the airport in the terminal I work out of that a ticket agent has been diagnosed, the next week should be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

57 new cases in Oregon, 2 more dead. Total of 214 cases and 8 deaths. It's a huge jump in cases for us. I get the feeling this will get exponentially worse.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    57 new cases in Oregon, 2 more dead. Total of 214 cases and 8 deaths. It's a huge jump in cases for us. I get the feeling this will get exponentially worse.
    Oh ya think? lol

Wait until the hospitals are overloaded in a week.