+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Well-designed elimination. It seemed like they could have stood up between two pots and smashed both but maybe not the smartest cookies
    I was wondering that myself. Seemed like you could have smashed two at once, or perhaps smashed one while standing on it, and then another while jumping off. I think perhaps they were hoping to only need to smash one to get the tile they wanted.

And while my first thought was that it was a well designed elimination (as you can see from my thoughts), there was an awful lot of randomness to it, in that the 5 tokens they needed were in ~30 pots, and it was pretty apparent that Dee got hers a lot quicker than Ashley, which was the difference in the match.

I like calm, self-aware Ashley. Like in confessionals or post-season interviews, but man, she has zero self-control in the moment of any conflict. I would actually argue she's actually one of the more self-aware players in that she can look back at a situation and realize she completely overreacted. This conflict makes me feel pretty neutral about her, overall. I don't mind seeing her on a season, but I don't mind seeing her go home early, either.

And I'm not sure there's a more hot and cold Challenger in terms of success level. She's either made the final (and won 2/3) or gone out very, very early every season. There's no middle ground.

GATTACA!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I was wondering that myself. Seemed like you could have smashed two at once, or perhaps smashed one while standing on it, and then another while jumping off. I think perhaps they were hoping to only need to smash one to get the tile they wanted.

And while my first thought was that it was a well designed elimination (as you can see from my thoughts), there was an awful lot of randomness to it, in that the 5 tokens they needed were in ~30 pots, and it was pretty apparent that Dee got hers a lot quicker than Ashley, which was the difference in the match.

I like calm, self-aware Ashley. Like in confessionals or post-season interviews, but man, she has zero self-control in the moment of any conflict. I would actually argue she's actually one of the more self-aware players in that she can look back at a situation and realize she completely overreacted. This conflict makes me feel pretty neutral about her, overall. I don't mind seeing her on a season, but I don't mind seeing her go home early, either.

And I'm not sure there's a more hot and cold Challenger in terms of success level. She's either made the final (and won 2/3) or gone out very, very early every season. There's no middle ground.
    Only thing to point out is I think Ashley lost because she couldn't find her piece, not because she couldn't smash them fast enough. She said something to Dee at the end about her piece being under something so she didn't see it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BG Level

That elimination was terrible, and I'm not saying that only because Ashley was on my team and because Dee is terrible. Hell, I don't even like Ashley all that much. It made 0 sense. There were symbols on the outside of the pots, but it may have nothing or may be a different one inside it? Luck and stupid challenge. 2 good and/or creative challenges given to the guys. 2 trash challenges given to girls.

A few thoughts on the past couple episodes:

Jenn - Absolutely terrible AND great casting at the same time? The way they cast these now, they do need some fodder anyway.

Format - The second twist (throw yourself in) is welcome, especially since that episode a couple seasons ago where they tried to play up that drama if Paulie would. Should they give something to someone for winning more than one elimination though? I'm not suggesting an automatic trip to the final, but maybe being immune the following time.

CT - I don't blame him one bit, especially with that challenge. It was very clear to me that he was losing though. With the way they built him up, especially against Jay, he was probably a goner. But then there was something about the rules that caught my attention. The way TJ mentioned specifically that the door had to open the whole way was like how on some of these shows they'll have "fine print" rules added in via voice-over. CT with another "well, I guess I'll have to get in better shape" after an early exit. Sure, dude.

Wes/Bananas - Still together to my surprise. Completely obvious to the house, zero surprise.

Holy Trinity - It's hilarious how people talk about this group like it's some total group to be feared. They're probably all in/close to the bottom 5 females. That said, they are connected to all the veteran guys so it's not like they're just 3 girls all on their own.

Dee - Is basically Cara Maria, post-Kyle breakup. Poor Rogan just wants to live his life, just like Kyle did that season. On top of that, she's been incredibly sloppy in terms of the game. How does she get almost the entire house to root against her against someone who was voted in without objection?

While I don't blame those people pushing to go into elimination the past 3 weeks, I also think it's too early for it to be the only way of thinking. There's going to be so many opportunities, even for the vets that are feared that they'll be "blocked". People like Bananas/Jordan/Wes aren't going to be like "well, I have my red skull, but I don't want x to get one, so I'll put myself at risk over it." If there's an ideal scenario (like CT thought he had), then go for it. Otherwise just ride it out.

I'm going to disagree with no points for Ashley for spitting on Bear, but whatever. That sort of thing has got people kicked off the show in the past and from where some people are from is as bad as a punch to the face!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    I'm going to disagree with no points for Ashley for spitting on Bear, but whatever. That sort of thing has got people kicked off the show in the past and from where some people are from is as bad as a punch to the face!
    I think you're right on this. Spitting is a mild form of physical fighting. 5 points (assuming intentional, of course). I'll add that tonight.

BG Level

Another episode with Josh as the lead strategist. These were more fun on previous seasons though.

Congrats to Kailah, for getting set up for a mid-level pair for a future Exes/Rivals season. If she actually was trying to not get caught, lol. She's not someone that production would protect and not air it... and Bear is someone that they'd definitely show it for.

Rogan is a punk. This obsession with Jay the past couple weeks is just really weird. As I said previously, even with TJ doing his "you don't know how many opportunities you'll have", there's tons of opportunities for people, especially someone like Rogan. I have a hard time thinking Jay will come back to win if he can even continue.

I was thinking it after the first couple episodes but didn't want to claim it then. I don't really mind Bayleigh or Swaggy. I think I'd rather have either of them without the other, but they've been pretty subdued overall besides the hubbub in the first episode about not wanting to piss her off by voting him, and they've both been at least been able to be capable competitors. The first time he referred to himself in the 3rd person, I definitely did a double take and had to rewind.

Poor Nelson. This is someone that I feel people should be looking to pick up, but nobody seems to want to bother. Well, dude has one of the best elimination records, so maybe people should be concerned about that if he's someone on the radar now.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Challenge 35: Total Madness

Josh getting verbally raped by Wes in that interrogation was amazing. It was so satisfying watching that delusional try hard get put in his place. Can’t stand the guy.

Also, Rogan is bitch made. The hit itself is nothing big. I feel bad if Jay is genuinely hurt. It’s the cocky attitude as if he’s always wanted to go into elimination. The dude spent the entire last season crying and pleading not to go, then acts like a fucking peacock this season when he has to against someone half his size in order to run the final.

Bear trying to hide his boner walking out the bathroom was hilarious lmao.

I really hope there’s a twist come time for the finals for people with multiple red skulls like an advantage of some sort. Either that or start purging these assholes to put an emphasis on going into the elimination.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

A fucking cliffhanger? I thought we talked about this, MTV, and this wasn't going to happen anymore.

Thoughts:
    Spoiler: show
    Zach acting like a good boyfriend to Jenna on the phone? Who are you & what have you done with Zach?
    Wes looks so pale next to Josh. And snow.
    Aneesa is a good comic narrator this week.
    Oh shit, low blow on the whole "Don't talk to me the way you talk to your wife" thing.
    Dee wearing something decisively conservative in confessional. Weird.
    Double Shot at Love is back? Was better with the hot bisexual twins.
    No player of the week this week for Jay.
    I feel like this looks more dangerous than it is. The opposite of last week.
    I feel like you should get a second run, it should just cost you time.
    Swaggy was a day trader? Come again?
    Bear is shameless, and great for reality TV.
    Wes dressing down Josh in elimination was great.
    Rooting hard for Jay here.
    These bulky, fireproof clothes are likely an advantage for the smaller guy, I would think.
    Oh, FUCKING CLIFFHANGERS?
    Oh, asshole Zach comes back next week. There he is.
    Didn't notice any cleavage this week.
    I feel like kisses like Bear and Kailah should be worth more than, say, Jordan/Tori or Swaggy/Bayleigh.

Scoring:
    Ashley retroactively given points for spitting on Bear last week (5)
    Jordan yelling at Wes (5). Wes is not yelling back.
    Swaggy, Josh, Kaycee, Jenny win challenge (10)
    Bear and Kailah kissing (5)
    Everyone gets epiode survival points (5)
    MTV editors set up a cliffhanger episode (-100)

Contestant Point Totals:
    Dee 70 XNO GAME
    Jay 60 HEAD GAME
    Jenny West 60 MOSS GAME
    Swaggy C 55 BYRD GAME
    Bayleigh 50 UFA GAME
    Bear 50 BYRD GAME
    Kaycee 45 VIL GAME
    Nany 45 VIL GAME
    Aneesa 40 UFA GAME
    Ashley 40 Vil HOME
    Bananas 40 Vil GAME
    Kailah 40 XNO GAME
    Nelson 40 MOSS GAME
    Big T 35 UFA GAME
    Cory 35 MOSS GAME
    Josh 35 HEAD GAME
    Mattie Lynn 35 BYRD GAME
    Rogan 35 HEAD GAME
    Jordan 30 XNO GAME
    Fessy 25 BYRD GAME
    Jenna 25 MOSS GAME
    Kyle 25 XNO GAME
    Melissa 25 VIL GAME
    Tori 25 HEAD GAME
    Wes 25 BYRD GAME
    CT 20 MOSS HOME
    Asaf 10 HEAD HOME
    Jennifer Lee 5 XNO HOME

Standings:

Vil 195 4
    Byrd 190 5
    Moss 180 4
    Headspace 165 4
    Xno Kappa 165 4
    UFA 125 3

BG Level

Hey, maybe if the elimination doesn't continue, Rogan doesn't get a red skull. That's my realistic best case scenario.

BG Level

GATTACA!

BG Level

Muh thoughts:

Instant DQ if you missed a number was stupid. It wouldn't have mattered but let them try again with a time penalty or something

I don't mind Josh like some of you but that dialogue with Wes was hilarious.

I flip-flop on liking Jordan and Wes but Jordan seemed like the annoying instigating asshole in this case

Was thinking strategy for a smaller guy in that elimination... run in a circle? Literally run in the widest circle possible and tire Rogan out. Rogan might be faster than him anyway but it's a better chance than a fucking pump fake lol

I wasn't bothered by the hit... but Rogan really is a babyback bitch for all that bravado to face someone half of his size. "I'm gonna rip him to shreds" yeah no shit and I could beat up a 10 year old but it doesn't make my dick hard. Does he think he's gonna look like a badass?

"He kissed my girl" is also the weakest shit ever, especially considering Dee did it just to make him jealous. Those two idiots deserve each other

BG Level

My only issue with Josh this past episode is that he didn't follow through and put Wes in elimination. There's plenty of cage rattling all the time with nominations, but with the way that interrogation went, you've got to do it.

Rogan really is a babyback bitch for all that bravado to face someone half of his size. "I'm gonna rip him to shreds" yeah no shit and I could beat up a 10 year old but it doesn't make my dick hard. Does he think he's gonna look like a badass?

"He kissed my girl" is also the weakest shit ever, especially considering Dee did it just to make him jealous. Those two idiots deserve each other
    He needs that revenge for CT after Jay brutally nominated CT out of nowhere in a complete blindside and betrayal. Oh, what's that? Jay had nothing to do with it and CT completely volunteered?

And Dee, the girl he treated like trash last season, seemingly did so between seasons, and has said every episode he doesn't care about this season.

BG Level

Dee and Rogan have become pretty toxic. Not a fan at all on how they treated Jay. Dee went after him because he probably seemed easy and I doubt Rogan would react the same had it been someone like Fessy.

BG Level

"Earned" that red skull. Blech. Sucks to see Jay go, especially that way. Good on you, Rogan. Tackle the guy into the barrel after he's there shooting a 3-pointer that has 0 chance of going in. At least TJ gave Jay one of the nicest sendoffs in recent memory.

I'm more forgiving for "cliffhangers" than most, but what was that episode? If they're not going to end with an elimination, that's one thing, but it didn't even feel like a reasonable ending. Winner announced and that's that? That's more a "there's another segment after a commercial, right?" than a proper cliffhanger.

Loved whatever that line Nany had about Zach around the end of the episode. Everyone that is close to Nany is having a horrible season.

That fail happening to Josh couldn't have happened to a better team. That reaction when a producer pointed it out was hilarious. Unfortunately, so many people failed one way or another so that wasn't even that huge a deal.

Nelson went from being a potentially hilarious idiot accusing someone of throwing the challenge to being just an asshole. Last week I wondered why some of these randos were possibly throwing him into elimination instead of trying to work with him, but even his few remaining friends are talking about his behavior.

Wes and Bayleigh/Swaggy friends before the game? So maybe he was part of the reason that Swaggy wasn't a vote option at the start of the season. I'd kind of written Wes off in some ways after the WOTW reunion/WOTW2 but he seems to be doing really well in the house this season.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, that was a shitty episode. Somehow, in a 90 minute episode, they can't figure out how to fit in an elimination and a challenge. Maybe if literally more than half their programming didn't consist of Ridiculousness, they could have a 2 hour episode.

Thoughts:
    Proposal for next season: If you're the person doing the "Previously on The Challenge" intro, 5 points
    Way to stick in there, Jay. Rooting hard for you now.
    Rogan, you're a piece of shit.
    Jay has a concussion.
    Incoming Jenna crying points
    Bananas with a lengthy setup to compare Kailah to the Grand Canyon.
    Zach is still an insecure piece of shit.
    Sorry, Jenna, this will be pansy ass reasons if you quit.
    Wes described Bear perfectly: the biggest fuccboi in the world
    While funny, I would be pretty pissed if I were, Kailah, too.
    This just in: Zach is still a piece of shit.
    Good job, Jenna.
    Tori with a good Confessional Cleavage entry.
    Bayleigh definitely cleavage leader now..
    Josh is gonna Josh.
    Now Josh is gonna deny that he Joshed.
    Why is Nelson convinced Aneesa the the challenge? Doesn't make sense.
    Wow, Melissa also with the cleavage entry.
    5 minutes left at end of challenge. No elimination. Who is quitting?
    Worst episode this season, for sure.
    How fucking hard is it to have a challenge and an elimination in one episode?

Scoring:
    Jay gets medical on screen (5)
    Kailah crying because she's being naughty (5)
    Jenna's crying because Zach is a snooping piece of shit (5)
    Kailah attack on inanimate object (10)
    Aneesa and Nelson yelling at each other (5)
    Aneesa crying because Nelson (5)
    Bayleigh crying because … Jordan, I guess? (5)
    Jordan and Nany win elimination (10)
    Melissa wins confessional cleavage (5)

Standings:
    Vil 230 4
    Byrd 215 5
    Moss 210 4
    Xno Kappa 210 4
    Headspace 185 3
    UFA 155 3

Contestant Scores to Date:
    Dee 75 XNO GAME
    Jay 65 HEAD HOME
    Jenny West 65 MOSS GAME
    Bayleigh 60 UFA GAME
    Kailah 60 XNO GAME
    Nany 60 VIL GAME
    Swaggy C 60 BYRD GAME
    Aneesa 55 UFA GAME
    Bear 55 BYRD GAME
    Kaycee 50 VIL GAME
    Nelson 50 MOSS GAME
    Bananas 45 Vil GAME
    Jordan 45 XNO GAME
    Ashley 40 Vil HOME
    Big T 40 UFA GAME
    Cory 40 MOSS GAME
    Josh 40 HEAD GAME
    Mattie Lynn 40 BYRD GAME
    Rogan 40 HEAD GAME
    Jenna 35 MOSS GAME
    Melissa 35 VIL GAME
    Fessy 30 BYRD GAME
    Kyle 30 XNO GAME
    Tori 30 HEAD GAME
    Wes 30 BYRD GAME
    CT 20 MOSS HOME
    Asaf 10 HEAD HOME
    Jennifer Lee 5 XNO HOME

BG Level

Proposal for next season: If you're the person doing the "Previously on The Challenge" intro, 5 points
    I support this idea.

88.5 hours of Ridiculousness, what? Does that show even have new episodes, or are there just 177 episodes that they play in rotation?

Running old seasons of the challenge sometimes would be great. Doing a marathon of the current season (or the previous season, when a new one is soon to start) could be nice. It has always been weird to me that they wouldn't replay an episode at all.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Y'all covered most of my thoughts already but I'll share anyway:

Nelson is so monumentally fucking stupid. It's usually entertaining because of how hard it is to believe that anyone is that dumb. He threw in some absence of emotional intelligence on this one to go with his stupid logic. Basically a kids temper tantrum because he lost, and it wasn't even a guy's elimination day!

Side note: I still find Angela to be sexy as hell but she dropped a few pegs if she ever dated Nelson. Must not be much going on upstairs

I was starting to like Bayleigh but her hissy fit on this one was weak. She had probably the best partner and still blamed him. She has some kind of weird entitlement issue that I despise. "It was supposed to be my week!" Ugh stfu

Zach is such an insecure toxic gaslighting little bitch. I think he knows deep down that he's a shitty person so he's insecure about Jenna leaving him. Hopefully Jenna comes to her senses. As least her friends see through his BS

So dissatisfying when these episodes don't end with an elimination result. Even if you get one at the beginning of the episode, it just isn't the same because they are disconnected. Why is it so fucking hard for these hack editors

He needs that revenge for CT after Jay brutally nominated CT out of nowhere in a complete blindside and betrayal. Oh, what's that? Jay had nothing to do with it and CT completely volunteered?

And Dee, the girl he treated like trash last season, seemingly did so between seasons, and has said every episode he doesn't care about this season.
    exactly. It's like the Eric Andre meme. *CT shoots self* "why would Jay do this?!"

GATTACA!

BG Level

Idk if anyone watched "too hot to handle" on Netflix but it was reasonably entertaining and there are some really good challenge candidates

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Idk if anyone watched "too hot to handle" on Netflix but it was reasonably entertaining and there are some really good challenge candidates
    I watched it half-heartedly while eating lunch at home the past few weeks. Just finished it today. It was stupider than most of these shows, but the lack of ads and allowed swearing made it a little more tolerable. Plus, the narrator was funny from time to time. I don't find it much worth discussing, though, it was ... bad. I don't think I'll be tuning in for a season two.

Francesca and Chloe seem like prime challenge candidates. I guess I could see Rhonda, Harry, Sharron, Bryce? I thought the best looking girl on the show was the Irish girl (Nicole, I think) who got less screen time than the director-who-lives-on-a-boat who showed in episode 3.

My favorite quote of the whole series was from Chloe. "Bryce lives on his boat, apparently. Either that means he's very rich or completely broke."

BG Level

I was starting to like Bayleigh but her hissy fit on this one was weak. She had probably the best partner and still blamed him. She has some kind of weird entitlement issue that I despise. "It was supposed to be my week!" Ugh stfu
    I'm going with no foul on the play. There's probably going to be tons of "this was supposed to be my week" stuff this season anyway, so I don't find that so bad. As for the challenge itself, yeah, she messed up with the one piece and wasn't really getting anywhere with the puzzle. However, like you said, she had probably the best partner... and he was a flop outside of gathering pieces. He had a huge advantage on that, but was either not helping or doing things that were reasonably suspicious.

For me it was just rolling my eyes at two people having zero accountability for their own mistakes.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For me it was just rolling my eyes at two people having zero accountability for their own mistakes.
    Nelson did Bayleigh a favor by being over the top stupid with his actions, whereas Bayleigh was just mildly annoying. Jordan and Aneesa are two people who don't quit challenges. And wouldn't Aneesa be much better off in the Tribunal if she's trying to control the elimination rather than out? What kind of logic does Nelson have going on in his head where it makes any sense for Aneesa to throw the challenge?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast