+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

There's plenty of reasons that she'd want to do well/win. I don't know if it was before or after the fail, but someone flat out said that she's someone that gets by because of veteran status. At some point with these small teams/pairs, someone may get the "I don't want to risk being paired with her" thought. The reasons that someone might not want to win don't really fit in this case. The only thing I could think was that maybe she wouldn't want him to win for whatever reason. Bottom line, Nelson is a clown.

Also, not touched on because it's so easy to focus on all the negatives of so little progression and unwanted Zach drama. MTV played Jewel in 2020, guys. That is one of the best things of the season so far.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I watched it half-heartedly while eating lunch at home the past few weeks. Just finished it today. It was stupider than most of these shows, but the lack of ads and allowed swearing made it a little more tolerable. Plus, the narrator was funny from time to time. I don't find it much worth discussing, though, it was ... bad. I don't think I'll be tuning in for a season two.

Francesca and Chloe seem like prime challenge candidates. I guess I could see Rhonda, Harry, Sharron, Bryce? I thought the best looking girl on the show was the Irish girl (Nicole, I think) who got less screen time than the director-who-lives-on-a-boat who showed in episode 3.

My favorite quote of the whole series was from Chloe. "Bryce lives on his boat, apparently. Either that means he's very rich or completely broke."
    The girls really weren't that great looking? Like most of the guys were legitimate 9s and 10s objectively and I thought the girls were more in the 7/8 range. I'm not a fan of the super skinny model body type though and that's what they went with. I might agree with you on Nicole. I'd put her above Francesca and her fake everything

Kelz would be a good candidate too since he is a monstrous human who seems to have some scheming ability

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss View Post
    Kelz would be a good candidate too since he is a monstrous human who seems to have some scheming ability
    I forgot about Kelz, but you're right. He was the only one who seemed to take the money part of the show very seriously, going so far as to leave a shower when a naked Francesca walked in. Other than that, though, he seemed largely an on-entity on the show.

Unrelated: I probably won't be posting this week's results until Thursday night. The three hour season finale of Survivor is on Wednesday night, and I'll prioritize watching that over the Challenge this week.

BG Level

They really stretched all that out over 2 episodes, didn't they? If the Bear/Kailah stuff doesn't actually amount to more, the entire last episode of them will feel like something that could have easily been cut. They'd probably be caught right in the middle between 1 and 2 episodes without it, so whatever. The format in terms of the game seemed weird though. Hadn't they been doing house vote and acting like the tribunal was soon after, rather than a full night out and all that?

Zach is a complete asshole. Nelson is too. I like drunk and drunk on power Nany. Of course Aneesa somehow gets tangled up in something. It wasn't until after the draft that I found out that Kaycee was in a long-term relationship. My fantasy team supports an idea of her messing around with Nany. Those poor noodles!

Actually a good elimination challenge for the ladies. Tori seemed to do well to catch up, but she probably would have won if she hadn't wasted a lot of time early on. While I like her and like Jordan more than half of the time, I couldn't help laughing at him during the whole elimination.

Was Mattie in this episode at all? What about Rogan? I had completely forgot about him now remembering how annoying Dee's "I'm a badass and I'm so physically and mentally strong" [repeat on loop] but then will be so relieved when she dodges an elimination and outraged when she's an option... even though almost the entire house was against her when she went against Ashley of all people.

GATTACA!

BG Level

And this is EXACTLY WHY I never understood the logic behind this desperation to go into elimination and get a red skull. Especially given that Tori didn't even know the elimination type or who she would be going against! Jordan especially loves to gloat about how much smarter they are than everyone else. Egg in face, it was sweet justice that Jenna won

Can't believe we had an entire episode for drama and elimination but at least the elimination was a good one

Happy they're moving to double elims at least for next week as I think it goes too slowly when it's just one sex a week. Think about the guy's side - we still have Nelson and two rookies (fessy and Swaggy) likely up on the chopping block first before anyone else even needs to really sweat. 6 weeks.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

My fantasy team not doing well!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Moss
    Can't believe we had an entire episode for drama and elimination but at least the elimination was a good one
    The episode didn't seem too stretched out, at least compared to last week, other than maybe a little bit in the elimination. I'm not too upset with it; I guess I understand why they split this up over two weeks, but it still seems unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    Zach is a complete asshole. Nelson is too. I like drunk and drunk on power Nany.
    I wasn't sure who I hated more for a while, but then I decided it's Zach. Nelson's more stupid and less controlling, which makes it easier for me to forgive him a bit. Zach's just... a fucking asshole. So glad Jenna won the elimination just to spite him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vil
    Was Mattie in this episode at all? What about Rogan?
    I saw Rogan when the guys were trying to keep Nany from trying to assault Aneesa with the noodles. I don't remember seeing Mattie Lynn at all. It was nice to see more of Kaycee, though. I like her - she's way too level headed to be a headliner on this show, though.

Thoughts this Week:
    Spoiler: show
    This will be epic if this backfires and Tori goes home.
    Good on Nelson for apologizing to Aneesa.
    …and he immediately goes off on Kailah.
    Nelson, if there was Piece of Shit Award, you would win it again.
    Bayleigh is Miss Congeniality? I did not see that coming.
    Nany throwing herself at a girl? That's new, I think.
    Kaycee seems too level headed for this show. I see how she won Big Brother.
    I thought Nany had grown out of this. Guess not.
    Kyle lives for the drama and is unashamed about it.
    Oh shit, Zach's on the phone. Incoming stupid.
    Shit, Zach is just as much of an asshole as Nelson. Maybe more.
    I seem to remember one of the reasons Zach and Jenna didn't do seasons together was because it was too hard on their relationship. Um....
    Kailah current leader for confessional cleavage.
    Rooting for Jenna here.
    This elimination looks grueling.
    Some nice cinematography on this elimination.

Lots of scoring this week:
    Nelson yelling at Kailah (5)
    Kailah and Bear kissing in bed (5)
    Wes and Bear kissing, albeit jokingly (5)
    Aneesa and Nany in a bit of a tiff, nothing too much (5)
    Nany gets security on camera (5)
    Nany throws noodles at Aneesa (10)
    Nany crying because she's such a messy drunk (5)
    Big T crying in tribunal (5)
    Jenna wins elimination (15)
    Jordan yelling at Tori after she was eliminated - "Why didn't you listen?" (5)
    Jordan crying because Tori was eliminated (10)
    Jordan and Tori kissed goodbye (5)
    Tori crying because Jordan is left in the house (5)
    TJ says to Jenna "This is how it's done!" (10)
    Kailah wins confessional cleavage award (5)

Contestant Scores to Date:
    Nany 95 VIL GAME
    Dee 80 XNO GAME
    Kailah 75 XNO GAME
    Bear 70 BYRD GAME
    Jenny West 70 MOSS GAME
    Jordan 70 XNO GAME
    Aneesa 65 UFA GAME
    Bayleigh 65 UFA GAME
    Jay 65 HEAD HOME
    Jenna 65 MOSS GAME
    Swaggy C 65 BYRD GAME
    Nelson 60 MOSS GAME
    Kaycee 55 VIL GAME
    Bananas 50 Vil GAME
    Big T 50 UFA GAME
    Cory 45 MOSS GAME
    Josh 45 HEAD GAME
    Mattie Lynn 45 BYRD GAME
    Rogan 45 HEAD GAME
    Ashley 40 Vil HOME
    Melissa 40 VIL GAME
    Tori 40 HEAD HOME
    Wes 40 BYRD GAME
    Fessy 35 BYRD GAME
    Kyle 35 XNO GAME
    CT 20 MOSS HOME
    Asaf 10 HEAD HOME
    Jennifer Lee 5 XNO HOME

Team Standings:
    Vil 280 4
    Byrd 255 5
    Xno Kappa 260 4
    Moss 260 4
    Headspace 205 2
    UFA 180 3

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

Nelson is so hilariously terrible lol.

GATTACA!

BG Level

Your Kyle note reminded me how good of a character he is. He has great comedic timing - his line "hold on Nelson's digging himself a grave so he can be up for elimination this week - Nelson, please continue" - was amazing

The Zach stuff is bad enough that it's close to MTV needing one of those "if you're in an abusive relationship, dial this number" disclaimers. Basically emotional abuse, guy is a little bitch of a fucktard and needs mental help
    Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    Nelson is so hilariously terrible lol.
    Every week I am legitimately impressed at how stupid he is. Still can't believe he was dating Angela for any period of time

BG Level

We're at the point with his crap this season that any time they get a scene at the club, I think it's a coin flip whether or not he'll get himself booted that night.

His career elimination record is one of the best, but does he want to take Jay's spot as the "permanent nominee"?

BG Level

Challenge 35: Total Madness

Nelson has always been bad, but holy shit this is easily his worst season yet lmao. He’s just terrible at everything.

I almost feel like whoever has him should get negative points lmao.

EDIT: LOL JOSH!!! This niggas obsession with Wes is so fucking hilarious lmao.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This Week's Report

Thoughts:
    Kailah early CC leader, but same dress as last week, so will be easily dislodged.
    "To the Gingermobile!"
    Bananas managed to cheat his way through it, but he didn't technically cheat.
    Good for my team to win both halves of genders.
    That is the grave you dug, Nelson. Perhaps be glad you're not going against Fessy.
    Hope Bear doesn't run into his cousin while they're in this bar.
    Melissa new CC leader.
    Big T starting to show the dramatic side I expected when I drafted her … last year.
    That is admittedly a lot of blood.
    "FRESH COTTON PADS?@?!?!?!?!?" Those words have never been said before in that tone of voice.
    That's not an ambulance.
    What did she do to her foot?
    I think they send Jordan against Fessy and Bear against Nelson. Fessy and Nelson come back.
    Confession: in the above thought, I had Jordan coming back until I saw it was pole wrestle.
    They'll probably never have a better chance to get rid of Jordan. The grip thing is unfortunate, but if anyone can overcome it, it is Jordan.
    Excellent disability statement during Jordan's goodbye.
    Nelson has a really good elimination record, something like 8-2-1.

Scoring:

Bear and Kailah kissing (5)
    Mattie Lynn and Wes win challenge (10)
    Kyle and Nelson doing the shoving thing (5)
    Nelson gets security on camera (5)
    Nelson, Kyle, Melissa screaming at each other (5)
    Bit T gets medical on camera (5)
    Giving Big T half ambulance points for quick extraction to the hospital in a non-ambulance (5)
    Fessy wins elimination (15)
    Jordan crying after elimination (10)
    Jordan gets medical on camera (5)
    Nelson wins elimination (15)
    Melissa wins cleavage award (5)

Standings, in an absurdly close race.

Byrd 315 4
    Vil 310 4
    Xno Kappa 310 3
    Moss 310 4
    Headspace 215 2
    UFA 205 3

Nany 100 VIL GAME
    Nelson 95 MOSS GAME
    Jordan 90 XNO HOME
    Dee 85 XNO GAME
    Kailah 85 XNO GAME
    Bear 75 BYRD HOME
    Jenny West 75 MOSS GAME
    Aneesa 70 UFA GAME
    Bayleigh 70 UFA GAME
    Jenna 70 MOSS GAME
    Swaggy C 70 BYRD GAME
    Big T 65 UFA GAME
    Jay 65 HEAD HOME
    Kaycee 60 VIL GAME
    Mattie Lynn 60 BYRD GAME
    Bananas 55 Vil GAME
    Fessy 55 BYRD GAME
    Melissa 55 VIL GAME
    Wes 55 BYRD GAME
    Cory 50 MOSS GAME
    Josh 50 HEAD GAME
    Kyle 50 XNO GAME
    Rogan 50 HEAD GAME
    Ashley 40 Vil HOME
    Tori 40 HEAD HOME
    CT 20 MOSS HOME
    Asaf 10 HEAD HOME
    Jennifer Lee 5 XNO HOME

BG Level

Did the preview say it was going to be two guys? I was expecting one of each.

Josh being amazed that Wes didn't bring him into tribunal (probably mostly so he didn't have to talk to him) and then him getting all mad when figuring out that Swaggy/Bayleigh are working with Wes. Sorry, but it's just hilarious to me that Josh is the one to sniff out that alliance. At least the Wes/Bananas thing is surely out in the open now.

Kind of disappointed seeing both of those guys go, but this hadn't been a strong season for either of them really. Bear was just an early season distraction with an irrelevant fling with Kailah. Even the fire extinguisher thing seemed more about Ashley after the fact. Jordan did the "so, am I just going to go in every time?" thing last season so I don't mind not having that again since at least there he was fighting to stay with Tori and he'd just likely be a brooding asshole here.

Should I put my tinfoil hat on and wonder if producers put that elimination in place to get rid of Jordan? Then again, nearly every solo elimination he's been in is something that you'd think he'd be at a disadvantage, at least on paper.

While the light glare is something that should have been caught before running the challenge, you've got to give credit when there's only one person that picks up on it. Even when some of these old timers show up having lost a step, out of shape, or simply dealing with the competition being elevated around them, there's something to be said for experience, even if it's just spotting a trick. Nelson actually had the plan that I thought someone would do. That surprised me. Did Wes actually explain what he did, or was he too busy going on about how he's so much smarter than everyone? I don't really mind people working together/copying/"cheating", but were people actually helping each other with their stacks towards the ends of some of those heats?

Congrats to Big T, who has gone from "they brought her back?" to "she's taking Marie's spot".

GATTACA!

BG Level

Respect to bananas for his trick on the daily. Surprising respect to Nelson too for using some strategy too even if it failed

Nelson will be an interesting case because while it's easy enough to throw him in every week, the dude is going to beast most eliminations aside from puzzles so you're risking him as an opponent if the tribunal throws you in. He's also not an easy target for a tribunal member to volunteer against

Nelson might be the best person in the house at the pole wrestle so that was a tough matchup for bear.

I am forever a Bear stan but he didn't have his competitive edge this season, his only focus was Kailah. He was better on his first season as one of the main foils to Wes and others since he gave no fucks and then he performed really well so he could talk shit after. I hope we see that Bear again and not this one that's buddy-buddy with everyone

Jordan got screwed. I thought he would try some crazy moves like trying to lock his legs around the pole or something, but Fessy is no joke and probably would've slammed him into the ground

I can see its appeal as a "classic" elimination but I'm not the biggest fan of the pole wrestle. You have some epic matches when it's two similar body types but it's always a bloodbath resulting in injuries. Imagine if Jordan won but had his shoulder fucked up the rest of the challenge.

Looking over our teams and I have no idea who should be favored

BG Level

Great points about Nelson. At this point, I'm not even sure what people should do with him. Sending him to another elimination I understand if it's personal, but as a game move, it has limited application. While he is absolutely a threat in a large amount of 1v1 eliminations, he's really no threat in a final. He's too athletic to be called a straight-up layup, but he's so bad at things he's bad at that I just can't imagine him beating 2 or 3 of these guys in a final.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Great points about Nelson. At this point, I'm not even sure what people should do with him. Sending him to another elimination I understand if it's personal, but as a game move, it has limited application. While he is absolutely a threat in a large amount of 1v1 eliminations, he's really no threat in a final. He's too athletic to be called a straight-up layup, but he's so bad at things he's bad at that I just can't imagine him beating 2 or 3 of these guys in a final.
    I wonder if, later in the game, when we see people in the tribunal already with red skulls, they'll be trying to send red skull vs red skull into Purgatory to try to reduce the amount of red skulls in the final. Let's say Nelson keeps going in because he's an asshole. What's to stop someone with a Red Skull from sending in, say, Fessy, against him? That not only eliminates a strong competitor who already has a ticket for the final, it potentially reduces the number of chances for other people to get Red Skulls. Now, I would expect there to be a purge of sorts at the end regardless, but we don't know that for sure. And if I didn't have a red skull, and Nelson was in already, and there was a puzzle up, I'd likely want to take the chance. Or putting Fessy up against Rogan - the two biggest guys left in the house.

BG Level

For some reason a couple times this past week, there actually were reruns of old seasons. Granted, it was the spinoff seasons, and was on CBS Sports or something, but I was caught off guard seeing new recordings of The Challenge when I looked at my DVR.

So long, Big T. Sucks how they're so inconsistent with how people get removed though. I understand not letting her participate in that challenge, but it's a pity to see her go out that way. Not even sure if the House/Tribunal would let her go into elimination since it'd be a free pass.

Dee is a mess. I don't even feel bad that Rogan is playing circles around her and throwing her under the bus on another season.

Josh deserves all the points in the world for standing on top of a bar during that shouting match.

Hopefully next season doesn't have the tribunal or some variant. While it has provided a few good moments over the years, it's generally lame, especially with Cory begging for deals over and over. While he's done a good job staying out of trouble and they do show him with a few different new faces, I get the feeling that he simply does not have footing in this house and is a rainy day elimination candidate.

Kind of lame elimination challenge. The concept was ok, but a little bland. The problem is it feels like a lamer version of the one Jenna/Tori had two weeks ago.

"I don't know what to do to show these people that I want to be here." STOP CALLING YOUR BOYFRIEND!

Kaycee seems to like doing the challenges. That's what I've got so far. But really, the impression I get is that she seems like an even less drama version of Mattie. Pretty laid back and gets along with people well enough, but there's not really much material to work with. Didn't expect Aneesa to win there until I saw her climbing out of that dumpster. Competitively, she's actually had a decent season so far, but she's an absolute layup that needs to be protected at all costs at this point.

BG Level

Dee seems so confused in her priorities lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Weekly Report:

Thoughts:
    Fessy's in an alliance with Nelson and Cory? I missed that detail somehow.
    Throwing people with red skulls back into Purgatory makes sense for others who have Red Skulls.
    Maybe not if they're your closest allies, though, Dee.
    Sad for Big T. As soon as she came in on crutches, I knew she was done.
    Fessy barely fits down that hole.
    Way to break the stereotype of black men being unable to swim, Swaggy.
    Asshole Zach time. Oh, no, wait, never mind.
    Melissa's pregnancy boobs are looking great at deliberation. I can't imagine she knows yet.
    Dee backstabbed Tori to honor an agreement with Jenny in Episode 1 and is now looking to backstab Jenny. What?
    Sometimes, Dee looks gorgeous and sometimes she looks pretty unattractive.
    Josh seems way too emotionally fragile to be on The Challenge.
    Winners prediction: Kaycee and Jenna
    This is kind of a meh elimination. Tough, but not terribly interesting to look at.
    Didn't notice confessional cleavage today.

Scoring:

Accidentally gave Jordan survival points last week, so adjusted last week's spreadsheet (Net -5)
    Another note: missed Rogan's elimination victory in Week 5/6, fixed that (Net +15)
    Swaggy gets medic on camera because he can't swim (5)
    Swaggy gets commish award negative points for pathetic performance to balance out medic points (-5)
    Team 3 wins challenge (10)
    Josh and Swaggy yelling at each other (5)
    Josh and Swaggy get production on camera separating them (5)
    Josh inanimate attack throwing a drink at Swaggy (10)
    Kaycee wins elimination (15)
    Aneesa wins elimination (15)
    TJ told Aneesa and Kaycee they killed it (20)
    17 people get survive each episode (5)

Standings:
    Vil 375 4
    Byrd 355 4
    Moss 335 3
    Xno Kappa 325 2
    UFA 260 2
    Headspace 260 2

Nany 115 VIL GAME
    Aneesa 110 UFA GAME
    Dee 100 XNO GAME
    Kaycee 100 VIL GAME
    Nelson 100 MOSS GAME
    Bayleigh 85 UFA GAME
    Jordan 85 XNO HOME
    Kailah 85 XNO HOME
    Swaggy C 85 BYRD GAME
    Jenny West 80 MOSS GAME
    Bear 75 BYRD HOME
    Josh 75 HEAD GAME
    Jenna 70 MOSS HOME
    Wes 70 BYRD GAME
    Rogan 70 HEAD GAME
    Big T 65 UFA HOME
    Cory 65 MOSS GAME
    Jay 65 HEAD HOME
    Mattie Lynn 65 BYRD GAME
    Bananas 60 Vil GAME
    Fessy 60 BYRD GAME
    Melissa 60 VIL GAME
    Kyle 55 XNO GAME

Ashley 40 Vil HOME
    Tori 40 HEAD HOME
    CT 20 MOSS HOME
    Asaf 10 HEAD HOME
    Jennifer Lee 5 XNO HOME

GATTACA!

BG Level

The daily was pretty solid, elimination was meh. Nice from a desire/competition perspective but not much (any) strategy involved and definitely not viewer friendly.

Kailah got absolutely crushed, that was pathetic. Strange logic of wanting to go against the stronger player too. I'd say it's ALWAYS better to be underestimated on the challenge.

As obvious as it is, Dee is smart to notice that Jenny is a major threat to win if she makes a final. But turning on your closest ally is political suicide. Rogan's reactions were hilarious in that scene

Big T really has no place on this show... she's just not in the same athletic stratosphere as the other girls. And it's not fun to watch her or Melissa plead for themselves by admitting that they are weak players

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast