+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

AG sent me this as ive never seen any gameplay footage outside of a few min of walking past him when he played the game and we lived together. jesus christ why is all the dialogue more impactful in the game than in the series. i am actually disgusted now as i have something to compare it to
    Spoiler: show

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

EVERY SINGLE LINE IS DELIVERED BETTER HOW

BG Level

what have i done

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

So what you are saying is that they still cannot make a good live action adaptation?

Enjoyed the ep thought the change in the last scene was good.

I have never played the games and I'm enjoying the show so far. I also love how some of these voice actors are getting the HBO spotlight now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'm a little bummed they removed my favorite room from Boston (it's the room in the office building with four infected and one or two clickers -- I remember it being the first super tense room and really set the tone early), but given the changes they've made to the infection, it makes sense.. ..I guess.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Just started replaying TLOU, got the remastered ps4 edition for $9 on ebay. Trying to keep up with the show but don't know how far each episode will get.

I was thrilled to see the toppled skyscraper in 102 but pissed when they didn't go in it lol

kind of annoyed that Joel has an assault rifle and that even when he lost it in the clicker fight it didn't end up with him using a shiv to kill the second one

I thought they were going to compromise by Joel asking Ellie for her switchblade when they were both crouched in silence with the clicker right nearby

Him quietly reloading his revolver was a nice touch though

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I'm pissed about whatever the fuck the Bostonian Museum is

I guess they shot in Canada during 2020 and couldn't actually do any shooting in Boston

During some random reading about the show and fungus in general, I found out about the species of fungus called candida auris. The CDC has a page on it that describes it as a growing "serious global health threat".

https://www.cdc.gov/fungal/candida-auris/index.html
    https://www.cdc.gov/fungal/candida-a...resistant.html

Very informative and damn sucks at the same time. If only horror fungus can be restricted to the show and game only.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

the fringe chick was good in this while it lasted

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Makes me wonder where this season is going to end though.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

My guess is will end at the end of the first game, and then second season backstory fill the gap between 1 & 2?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think it would end at the same point as the last bit of the game, with a good cliffhanger to tie you into season 2/part 2

If they don't cover the first game's DLC, then that might be a christmas special or equivalent

BG Level

they've said season one covers all of the first game and the DLC (prolly a segmented flashback like the Indonesia business), imagine it'll end more or less the same way

season 2 is the question whether they hit any of that 5 year gap or go straight to 2. they've also said they need more than 2 seasons to tell the whole story so either filler or they're chopping Part 2 into multiple seasons.

BG Level

Replaying Part 1, I'm kinda shocked how little you need to use guns (at least through the Bill part) - just throwing bottles/bricks and following up with melee for when you can't stealth choke is wildly effective

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    they've also said they need more than 2 seasons to tell the whole story so either filler or they're chopping Part 2 into multiple seasons.
    Thinking about it, 2 seasons will work for part 2 given the structure...

2ND GAME MINOR SPOILERS

We got a story from 2 perspectives and both with 2 and a bit major flashbacks. Probably need a movie or mini season to round out the final bits. But I wonder if that will deflate the audience because I sure as hell got a little frustrated when the perspective changed

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Replaying Part 1, I'm kinda shocked how little you need to use guns (at least through the Bill part) - just throwing bottles/bricks and following up with melee for when you can't stealth choke is wildly effective
    There was a joke during Ep 1 how Joel is on new game plus as you don't get a machine gun until the last bits of the game hahaha

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    I want to remember playing the majority of the game in stealth and just assassinating most enemies. Pretty much how I also played Horizon, Assassin's Creed and Deus Ex.

BG Level

Yeah, but even when you get rushed with 3-4 you can often just punch your way through if you space yourself well (on Hard difficulty anyway)

I had no idea that you could brick/bottle and punch clickers to death until this playthrough

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag