+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Man, so many scenes from the game in there.

Also, Pedro Pascal sounds like Nathan Fillion's Mal from Firefly.

Also also, do we know how long this series is going to run? I figured they'd stretch it out to at least a few seasons, but there's definitely a scene from the winter when Ellie's fighting the cannibals in there.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

no one really knows, Druckman said season 1 will cover most of the events of the first game and co-showrunner Chernobyl man said a second season would def be greenlit if the first one was a success. so 2 at a minimum (as long as it doesn't bomb) but that's about all we know.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's kind of weird if they aim for first season to cover most of the events of the first game, there's definitely a few good stopping points in the game itself if they wanted to split it up into seasons. Last Of Us has, what, 17 chapters? Chapter 1 is short and can be combined into chapter 2, so that's 16 chapters. So about 1.5 chapters per episode with a 10-episode season.

I suppose there are things between first and second game they could cover in upcoming seasons. Part 2 takes place 5 years after the first one, but I don't remember exactly how long it took until they got to the town in part 2. Season 2 could potentially cover that period.

chernobyl guy really chooses the feel good material to adapt doesn't he

Hackey Thread Lurker since 2010
    I could have bought an 11 pull and have 1000 gems left over, but all I got was this silly title.

BG Level

Season 1 is 9 episodes. Druckman also is on record to say that the show will likely have minor deviations from the video game so don't expect a 1:1 copy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

It would be interesting if they continued into Part II. The time it took for that game to come out definitely helped the impact of its opening act, so a second season a year later feels like it would be soon.

But maybe I'm overthinking it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    It would be interesting if they continued into Part II. The time it took for that game to come out definitely helped the impact of its opening act, so a second season a year later feels like it would be soon.

But maybe I'm overthinking it.
    They absolutely could move into Part 2, but there's potentially a lot that happened between part 1 and 2 which (from what I can remember) the games never fully covered that could be turned into a season or two.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I hope they have the forethought to film all the flashback scenes for part 2 now, while the Ellie actress is still age appropriate.

BG Level

baseless speculation aside, thought the trailer looked killer. heart broke just seeing Sam and Henry, David looks good, Nick Offerman grand, two leads + production + Pedro's Texas voice and everything else. even Take on Me calling back to 2. body is ready.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I forgot about Sam and Henry until they appeared in the trailer. That part's gonna be rough.

I have no words..

BG Level

dumb tweet but those comments yokes. i swear if The Last of Us fanbase throws another temper tantrum bitch fit over something that isn't released yet because of background noise--

like it's out in two weeks. at this point i don't care if the showrunners come out as Stalinists. two weeks and we can judge the only thing that matters

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I mean, I'm just annoyed that every time they make a TV adaptation of a game, the show creators seem to have contempt for the video game industry and gamers in particular, but that's another matter entirely.

Although I suppose in the case of Witcher, the book came first. But it was the game that made it popular.

Quote Originally Posted by NotGreyheim View Post
    now I really can't wait to watch this

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    I mean, I'm just annoyed that every time they make a TV adaptation of a game, the show creators seem to have contempt for the video game industry and gamers in particular, but that's another matter entirely.

Although I suppose in the case of Witcher, the book came first. But it was the game that made it popular.
    Bonus points for Sapkowski hating video games too in this case :D

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sapkowski doesn't really hate the games, he hates that they became more popular than his own work and wasn't getting the financial compensation for it.

What Netflix is going with the Witcher IP is a fucking travesty but you don't hear him complaining cause they paid him well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

He considered video games a medium for idiots (never played any and said he doesn't know anyone that plays because he prefers to keep intelligent company). That's why he didn't bother getting a good deal in the first place

I think most of these guys that make these anti video game comments are just scared of the medium. Either by just not understanding it or by seeing it as a threat.

As long as it does not turn into another Halo.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Probably the first, it’s severely misunderstood and a ”children thing”. I actually had that debate not too long ago with my mother because her friend was worried that his son plays too much video game and wanted him to read instead.

In my opinion it’s no more healthy to read a book for 8 hours a day than it is to play video games, and I’d argue it’s less healthy to watch binge something like paradise hotel or keeping up with the kardashians for a day than it is to play games. And yet both are more socially acceptable.

People like to blame school shootings on games, even though it’s for some reason more OK to show violence on TV while censoring swear words and nudity.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag