Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

WINDURST BEST

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

im on faerie atm just now starting shadowbringers but i might make a new char if there is a server with more than 1 bg person lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Tbh you don't even really need to be on the same server. Just be on the same server cluster and you can still do shit together.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well I thought I would get more mileage out of AC Valhalla but I finished it much earlier than anticipated so I guess I'm gonna resub

XNO PROGRESS REPORT REQUEST

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

My bad lol. Been getting slammed with deadlines to get in front of the holidays so I haven’t been playing throughout the weekdays. Having said that;

Spoiler: show
    I saved my nigga Estinien! Battle was dope as hell and the feels were real when the spirit of Haurcehfant and Ysayle helped to pull Nidhogg’s eyes off Estinien’s armor. Heavensward/Dragonsong was such a dope ass story. I’m kinda sad it’s over and it’s time to move on to the next story arc.

Right now I just got done with Xelphatol dungeon where the Warriors of Darkness explained about the different planes of existence and how theirs is being destroyed by light.

Got a question which I’m assuming might be related for the expansion pack so if it’s a bit spoilery just say yes or no.

I’ve been rewatching a few cutscenes. Specifically the Yda and Paplymo ones. I’m guessing it’s taking place in a location I’ve yet to visit and dealing with problems presented in Stormblood?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

you'll have to be a little more descriptive on the cutscenes. i don't recall which you're talking about.

BG Level

Do spam bros still play XIV

It was two random scenes throughout Heavensward of Yda and Papylmo preparing the “Masks” to fight the imperials.

No big deal. Just curious but I probably should just wait.

Also, what is up with these normal raids in the Alexander quest line? Gives me the impression they were one or two grand dungeons at one point but the devs decided to break them down lol.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Hmm. Doesn't ring a bell. You'll learn more in later stories, but Garlemald has been an Empire the whole time, and that's not a reveal. That was the case in 1.0. Garlemald is basically Magitek Rome.

Alexander is Heavensward's version of the Coils of Bahamut, which are also worth doing. You can probably (unsynced) solo Coil, at this point. There is a story involved in each. All I'll say about Coil is that the Coil story deals with the Calamity. The raids are kinda their own class of thing- each is a tiny single-boss dungeon, but there are something like twelve of them in each expansion. They are optional- I have still not done Stormblood's raids.

It might be that at some point the raids came about because they broke up one or two huge dungeons, but as the game has refined the concept they've come to be more about the boss fight. Normal mode isn't difficult, but current-tier Savage typically offers BiS gear and an intense challenge.

BG Level

In regards to the Alexander raids storyline:

Yeah. Turning my brain off for this shit. I just don’t have the patience anymore for time travel storylines as I get older.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

hahaha yeah, can't blame you.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The Alex story does have some added payoff in Shadowbringers thou.

For the Scions - basically, yes. It's just what it looks like:
    They linked up with an anti-imperial resistance group and were assisting them.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The raids are all pretty much just one boss with neat mechanics. Harder on savage mode, obviously.

The coils of Bahamut are worth doing but I don’t think you’d be able to solo them right now. And some you can’t solo, because of mechanics. If you start a party finder for them and let people know it’s your first time, people will join you for the bonus and you can clear pretty easy.

For the Yda and Papalymo scenes
    The area they are in is supposed to be somewhere in Ala Mhigo but Ala Mhigo wasn’t in the game yet at the time, so the actual zone they are in is Little Ala Mhigo. But for story purposes, they are supposed to be elsewhere.

You should be getting close to the end of the Heavensward cycle now. I believe Baelsar’s Wall is the final dungeon before Stormblood starts.

BG Level

One of the raids I just finished was called Biggs and Wedge’s Excellent Adventure lol

BG Level

Can we go forward and back, go forward and back

BG Level

Catchy ass tune lol. Fun as hell boss fight too.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

A lot of the music from ARR were holdovers from 1.0, most of them Uematsu tracks. Soken took over in Heavensward and it’s mostly him the rest of the way. Very noticeable. Very good stuff.

BG Level

Do spam bros still play XIV

I’ve noticed something going through the Alexander raids. If I have the main hate “A” the second tank will drop their Royal Guard/Iron Will/etc. At first I just figured the dude forgot to put it up but then I started to notice the trend.

Why is that exactly? Wouldn’t it better for them to remain “2” on the list?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There is no need when only one target. Getting hate is stupid easy. Tank stance then provoke will move you to the top of the enmity list immediately. It’s better when facing a single target if it only one tank has tank stance on to avoid the possibility of it moving or spinning between tank 1 and tank 2.

Sometimes the boss will use a tank buster move, which usually means the MT gets hit HARD and put near death and/or heavily weakened, so ideally, off tank will turn on their stance when they see the boss charging it, then provoke immediately after it hits the main tank. That’s what people mean when they say tank swapping.

And sometimes the off tank will be needed to pick up adds, so they keep their stance off until the adds show up so that they don’t accidentally get the adds and the attention from main boss at the same time.

BG Level

Aaaah that makes a lot of sense.

On another tidbit, I’m in Limsa and there’s a bunch of tarus putting on a concert with a bunch of people watching. Everyone is clapping and everything lol. Now they’re doing the FF7 boss theme lmao. This is honestly pretty cool.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, if you unlock Bard you can play instruments. Some people look up the actual sheet music and macro popular songs and do concerts. It’s pretty nuts but the I dig the dedication.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag