BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Official Treasure Hunter TH Levels and Percentages

Probably not worth discussing anymore, but I figure it at least deserves to be out there on its own for posterity.

I did modify the graph. The table starts at 0 (assuming the table is correct), but the graph started at 1, so I shifted the graph numbers to the right and added 0 at the start.

TLDR: TH1 is a huge jump (50%), with TH2 being pretty sizable as well, and probably the minimum you'd ever want to use. TH3 through TH10 stays fairly linear (especially with 'Common' items), with a slight jump at TH11 through TH14.

It's nice to know some solid numbers, but now there is slight ambiguity with what rarity certain items are.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56550

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

I'd rather post here than AH forums since that place is basically just a meme bucket. When I started a new character in late 2018 or so I didn't quite understand TH proc and what not. What I had trouble grasping was, if the highest the initial proc will be is TH+9 (I think? Please correct if wrong), then what is the point in spending so much gil on items and reforged upgrades for a higher TH+ count? Like, if my TH gear is say +14 but I'm not getting that with the TH proc, then what is the point of having all of that expensive TH gear?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Theres one thing i want to test that i didnt do way back when.

We know TH has a soft cap of 8 (3 in trait and 5 in gear, unless this was ninja changed, unlikely though). We know that the further the delta of TH gear to mob-TH affects proc rate. What happens if a thf is wearing TH+10 in gear? Will proc rates occur as if theyre wearing the soft cap of 8, or will it act like theyre at TH13?

Theres so much TH gear out now:
    Gandring +3
    Relic119+3 +4
    Emp119+1 +3

Is this a red herring / SE forgetting theres a soft cap, or does all this extra TH gear affect proc rate beyond the soft cap?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It is actually pretty interesting that rarer items need procs more. Those asshats killing KB with a single wield Thief's Knife to make sure they hit TH14 were correct (at least in theory).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The fall off on TH effectiveness for (very) common drops explains why people thought it didn't do much beyond 2-4 or w/e. I wonder what in the game even has a .1% drop rate that TH could effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    It is actually pretty interesting that rarer items need procs more. Those asshats killing KB with a single wield Thief's Knife to make sure they hit TH14 were correct (at least in theory).
    D ring shared a 100% slot with pixie earring thou.

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Theres one thing i want to test that i didnt do way back when.

We know TH has a soft cap of 8 (3 in trait and 5 in gear, unless this was ninja changed, unlikely though). We know that the further the delta of TH gear to mob-TH affects proc rate. What happens if a thf is wearing TH+10 in gear? Will proc rates occur as if theyre wearing the soft cap of 8, or will it act like theyre at TH13?

Theres so much TH gear out now:
    Gandring +3
    Relic119+3 +4
    Emp119+1 +3

Is this a red herring / SE forgetting theres a soft cap, or does all this extra TH gear affect proc rate beyond the soft cap?
    Sounds like it might be aimed at none THF jobs, maybe someone using a Chaac Belt?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scizor View Post
    Sounds like it might be aimed at none THF jobs, maybe someone using a Chaac Belt?
    I had considered testing this with dynamis farming for fun using BLU/DNC vs THF/DNC. I have +4 TH for gear (White Rabbit Mask +1, 3x Herc gear via DM). Even tho I never logged numbers and this is a low sample size, HTB farming has me agreeing on rarity to TH. I'm 8/9 on Lilith items, all farmed on VE using Thief main. I'm 0/7 on Odin drops, all using BLU/WAR, with around 108 fights won. I honestly don't know how many times I've fought Lilith, but I feel pretty confident I was doing better than 0/100+ so higher TH proc would make sense in this case.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    D ring shared a 100% slot with pixie earring thou.
    I have forgotten so much

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I have forgotten so much
    Sounds like you need to get back on the horse. Winners never quit and quitters never win!

In the case of an MMO the only winners are the quitters....

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I'd rather post here than AH forums since that place is basically just a meme bucket. When I started a new character in late 2018 or so I didn't quite understand TH proc and what not. What I had trouble grasping was, if the highest the initial proc will be is TH+9 (I think? Please correct if wrong), then what is the point in spending so much gil on items and reforged upgrades for a higher TH+ count? Like, if my TH gear is say +14 but I'm not getting that with the TH proc, then what is the point of having all of that expensive TH gear?
    It really isn't just a meme bucket, its more interesting for anything XI related than this forum. Here is just people bashing the game for years now and nostalgia dumping. There is probably a reason nobody posts in this XI section that actually plays the game.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Theres like 4 pages on the Odyssey thread with Thorny shitting up the thread with PLD vs RUN garbage.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    It really isn't just a meme bucket, its more interesting for anything XI related than this forum. Here is just people bashing the game for years now and nostalgia dumping. There is probably a reason nobody posts in this XI section that actually plays the game.
    I'd rather be met with silence here than memes and people hurr durr 'ing it up. Yes there are some decent threads with some info, but there is A LOT of shit to sift thru.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Doomhammer

To be fair, there is some seriously cringy hurr durr 'ing here as well.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    I had considered testing this with dynamis farming for fun using BLU/DNC vs THF/DNC. I have +4 TH for gear (White Rabbit Mask +1, 3x Herc gear via DM). Even tho I never logged numbers and this is a low sample size, HTB farming has me agreeing on rarity to TH. I'm 8/9 on Lilith items, all farmed on VE using Thief main. I'm 0/7 on Odin drops, all using BLU/WAR, with around 108 fights won. I honestly don't know how many times I've fought Lilith, but I feel pretty confident I was doing better than 0/100+ so higher TH proc would make sense in this case.
    I've read that Lilith has much more favourable drops on lower difficulties than older HTBCs.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a theory that in addition to the "base rates" given by SE, that some mobs have some of their item rarities increased, or their whole pool?

IE: Maybe SE decided to increase Lilith item rarity by 5% across the board, or let's just assume that maybe the "Rare" items are bumped up from 5% to 10% at TH0. THF main base is TH8, so instead of 10.5%, it could be 15.5%? Depending on difficultly levels, these rates are further increased/decreased?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    I've read that Lilith has much more favourable drops on lower difficulties than older HTBCs.
    I doubt it. Took me like 100-150 runs on E with TH4 to finish malignance set, and most people seem to have a similar or (much) worse experience. People didn't spam VE/E lilith because of high drop rates, they spammed it because the fight is far more complex on N and higher. N+ has a second phase that is much harder than the first, annoying adds, fetter/damage immunity mechanics, and you don't get guaranteed drops even on VD. Unless you have a good group funneling drops into one returning player or something like that, it was far more practical to crank out kills on E which only take a few minutes to solo each.

HTBF luck has more to do with just drop rates thou. All the gear are sharing the same drop slot(s), so even if you roll a 'drop', it doesn't mean it wasn't something you already had and end up with nothing in pool. Lilith is especially annoying in that regard because the staff/sword seem far more common than others.

BG Level

Wasn't it an official announcement or the release video that flat out stated that the drop rate on Lilith was higher?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...848#post619848

Not sure if this is what you mean, but here they say something like the drop rates are higher compared to battlefields added since July (2019). Meaning I think odin/alex/cait sith?, which seemed worse than old HTBF on lower difficulties.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Is there a theory that in addition to the "base rates" given by SE, that some mobs have some of their item rarities increased, or their whole pool?

IE: Maybe SE decided to increase Lilith item rarity by 5% across the board, or let's just assume that maybe the "Rare" items are bumped up from 5% to 10% at TH0. THF main base is TH8, so instead of 10.5%, it could be 15.5%? Depending on difficultly levels, these rates are further increased/decreased?
    What?