+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 138 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam Virus Panic Levels     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I like to eat food
    BG Level

When was the last time there was a pandemic like this? TB?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

h1n1?

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

swine flu, sars, bird flu v1 and v2

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Andalusian girls View Post
    tbh it's already the worst contagion of my life we lost the NBA to this
    Suns can't lose the NBA title if they can't compete for it.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Sure, but nothing was shut down for those from what I can remember. Was more thinking along the scale of this shit.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm sure if 24/7/365 News and Social Media was more prevalent during those times, we would have gotten the shut everything down now treatment then as well.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

the 2009 H1N1 pandemic was the last bad one (10%ish of the globe infected and 100,000+ deaths), SARS and bird were more sizzle than steak and COVID-19 has already outpaced them.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

yeah this was pretty massive in scale

... leading to the term "swine flu".[2] It is estimated that 11–21% of the then global population (of about 6.8 billion), or around 700 million–1.4 billion people contracted the illness — more in absolute terms than the Spanish flu pandemic.[3][4] However, with about 150,000–575,000 fatalities, it had a much lower case fatality rate of 0.01-0.08%.[5]

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

pretty big margin of error on the death totals there o_O

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

tbh it's already the worst contagion of my life we lost the NBA to this
    we have been deprived of rutgers cinderella run to the championship

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Sure, but nothing was shut down for those from what I can remember. Was more thinking along the scale of this shit.
    From a numbers stand point I'd be surprised if this surpasses 500k worldwide and h1n1 was like 60 million. From a shut. down. everything. stand point, this is some crazy ass fucking shit and feels like world war z.

I'd say a 5 for me since my wife is an elementary school teacher and pregnant, and those kids always get her sick. If they announce a closure for her school like they've been doing for others in the US, then it'll drop to about a 3.

The NBA being suspended definitely sucks, though. Despite the Warriors being in tank mode, I was still enjoying their games and the rest of the league.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    From a numbers stand point I'd be surprised if this surpasses 500k worldwide and h1n1 was like 60 million. From a shut. down. everything. stand point, this is some crazy ass fucking shit and feels like world war z.
    we're already way past 500K infected worldwide. as testing is so limited and the vast majority recover without seeking medical attention (and the Chinese obviously blatantly lied about their numbers and the pace of infection) the confirmed cases are only a small fraction of total cases.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'd say personally I'm at like a 5ish...I think too many people, especially the ones I work with (who of the 200+, 90% are Trumpers) are all "fake media" and "this is all media hype" etc are underestimating this especially since we're EMS workers. I'm like an 8 for my mom though. She gets upper respiratory shit all the fucking time and is 59. Multiple times a year, shes got bronchitis or pneumonia or some shit, so I genuinely expect her to get it.

I do think way too many people are shrugging this off as not a big deal or no deal though.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    I'd say personally I'm at like a 5ish...I think too many people, especially the ones I work with (who of the 200+, 90% are Trumpers) are all "fake media" and "this is all media hype" etc are underestimating this especially since we're EMS workers. I'm like an 8 for my mom though. She gets upper respiratory shit all the fucking time and is 59. Multiple times a year, shes got bronchitis or pneumonia or some shit, so I genuinely expect her to get it.

I do think way too many people are shrugging this off as not a big deal or no deal though.
    Also, in regrds to my mom, she teaches Pre-K, K, and 1st grade special ed. Try telling the autistic kids not to touch their face, etc. Shes def getting it

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

we're already way past 500K infected worldwide. as testing is so limited and the vast majority recover without seeking medical attention (and the Chinese obviously blatantly lied about their numbers and the pace of infection) the confirmed cases are only a small fraction of total cases.
    the numbers for h1n1, and any other wide spreading disease, were/are just as inaccurate as this disease would be. hell, with how much focus has been set on covid-19, and how little all the previous ones had, the numbers for this disease are going to be way more accurate than all previous ones. nobody gave a fuck if they had the swine flu or not. shit could've been a billion worldwide

BG Level

the numbers at the time were as inaccurate but the numbers being bandied about on Wikipedia and the like come from post-facto analysis that attempt to calculate the true amount of cases not simply the confirmed ones, ergo the enormous delta between upper and lower estimates Day expressed astonishment at. we'll have to wait until years after this virus has run its course for similar autopsies.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

A 1 for me but I think I had it last month and it was annoying but whatever.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Buy a bidet