1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Shadowbringers: Materias Tiers 1-6

All my jobs are 80, (well, RDM will be in a day or 2).

I know I'm saving my I, II and III materia for ARR relics, but aside from that, is there any obvious uses I'm missing out of before I slap them all to the vendor?

I forgot but someone was saying some of the gatherer/craft tier 6 materias are better than tier 7 but I don't fully understand, if someone can lay it out to me. If not, just tell me to vendor it XD

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

tier 6's and 8's cannot go past the first overmeld slot, so if you're the minmax type, you have to use 7's for the rest of the overmelds
    generally speaking, tier 8 gives the highest amount of a type (say gp/perception/gathering for DoL), followed by 6, followed by 7.

afaik you can get low level materia fairly easily from ixali/spoil exchange as far as crafter/gatherer types go but it seems like a lot of people don't really pay attention to that so sometimes low level shit sells for an OK amount

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I'd say any battle materia lower than 5 (tier 5 is basically just for blue mage at this point) is probably worthless, outside of relics. But crafting and gathering materia at any tier could potentially still be useful depending on melds. You can also try and convert lower battle materia to crafting/gathering at the materia master in Central Thanalan if you have a ton of it, but it is pretty time consuming doing that.

All tier 6 materia has higher stats than tier 7, but tier 6 can't be overmelded beyond the first advanced melding slot. So, tier 7 materia is basically just used in overmelding.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

T1-T4 are still worth something for people who collect relic weapons like myself.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks for info guys, I just freed up 12 inventory slots!

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    T1-T4 are still worth something for people who collect relic weapons like myself.
    Yep I saved all my T1-T3, waiting for flying to be unlocked in ARR areas before continuing the relics. I feel lazy to run around chasing fates and mobs lol
    I think I can spread them enough to not need to dip into T4 but I'll check the market to see what's cheap so I can go down that route if needed!