Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The first episode was pretty interesting. No idea where they're gonna take the series

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Nice to see Digimon 2020 is off to a good start in terms of animation. Will see if it holds up.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i got the first two volumes of Gleipnir, it's worth a read if you haven't checked it out. vol. 1 is 99 cents on amazon.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

SAO delayed until July.
    Think Re:Zero also got hit by the Corona stick, too.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So Ash added yet another powerhouse pokemon to his team today. It hatches from an egg so I'll put it in a spoiler for anyone who is actually watching the show

Spoiler: show
    Today he hatched/caught a battle happy, power hungry Riolu lol. I say powerhouse because you know it's gonna evolve into a Lucario and be badass as fuck given how eager it is to be strong and fight strong opponents.

Also, it's strongly hinted from one of the promotional videos that Ash will eventually catch a Sobble which I'm all for. As that was my starter from SwSh and Inteleon is dope as fuck

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

tbh the Pokemon animes are better than the games nowadays

which is kinda sad

We caught the first ep of the new series last night (never finished the Sun/Moon anime though) and it was adorable. Might keep watching just cause it's so cute and entertaining.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You're in for a treat. It's a fun show and really adheres you into liking Ash and his personality. Scorbunny is amazing too when it's introduced.

If you do go back and watch some Sun/Moon, for sure watch the Alolan league stuff, especially towards the end. Ash vs Kukui is an amazing, 4-episode long thrill with beautiful animation and a 'get your heart racing' climax of a finish.

Edit: The Kanto episodes are great too. When the class goes to Kanto and Ash meets Misty and Brock again, that episode (or was there 2? I forget) got me hooked on the series. And then with Misty and Brock came to Alola, those episodes were amazing (especially Brock and team Rocket basically building themselves a Devil Gundam)

I'm trying to think of other good episodes. The baseball one is great fun, the one where they go into the Ultrabeast world to save Lillie's mom (which is the plot of the SM game), the other one where they go to the Ultrabeast world to stop Necrozma, the other other one where only Ash and Pikachu go to an Ultrabeast world/alternate dimension to help that trainer and Zeraora beat a Guzzlord, any of the grand trial matches, the episode where they go to visit Hapu and the one guardian, I forget which one, spreads a mist over everyone and lets them meet someone who'd died in their lives, that one was super emotional. Any episode that has a Rowlet-centric plot.

Lots of good shit.

The Kanto region was the last 2 episodes of Season one. The fights were pretty epic. They did have some pretty amazing fights throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    The Kanto region was the last 2 episodes of Season one. The fights were pretty epic. They did have some pretty amazing fights throughout.
    Beware's fight with the ultra beast was straight up DBZ lmao.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Sounds good, I'll have to watch more pokemon lol.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

https://mobile.twitter.com/AshitanoG...47766048251905
    Anime Bingo special edition: Shows that wont be suspended due Covid.

Safe: Bookworm S2, Hamefura

Probably safe: BNA, Yesterday

Safe-ish: Gleipnir

Cursed: The rest.
    Not sure if this is accurate but Ashita who has sources. Claims all Spring season will be effected expect for 4-5 titles. I’m just happy BNA is safe and I’m excited for next patch of episodes(Netflix Japan)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

The Owl House Ep11. This episode premiered in Turkey and perhaps the lack of communication from the branches due to virus made it premiere much earlier. probably the best episode so far. Really feels like the show is finally finding its footing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Dont know where else to put it, but the Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl Movie is out to stream on the Funimation app with English subs (AoA did not dub the series thus no dub for the movie). Doesn't get officially home release until June 2020. However it is only here this weekend, for some reason I guess Sony doesn't want Funi and AoA playing nice with the catalog even though they both owned by the same parent company. Theres probably some contract issues or something that gets in the way or whatever, doesn't mean I have to like it.

The series and the movie are worth a good watch, the movie picks up after the last episode in the anime so it is not standalone like some other movies. Would say if someone is interested in watching the series, now would be the best time, they were both pretty damn good in my book.

Funimation announced on Monday that it will stream Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl (Seishun Buta Yarō wa Yume-Miru Shōjo no Yume wo Minai), the anime film based on Hajime Kamoshida's Seishun Buta Yarō light novel series, for a limited time, starting on Friday, April 17 at 4:00 p.m. ET, until Monday, April 20 at 4:00 p.m. ET.
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...eekend/.158555

On an other note I HATE AoA prices on things, so damn high for basic series, and since they rarely sell "standard" editions of their shows everything is deluxe/premium that comes with extra stuff, which is nice but if you don't care for the extra stuff then your out of luck. For Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl, the price for the base series is 99.98 USD, Blu-ray for 13 episodes JP sub only and comes with extra stuff. Not even an option for buying just the series without the extras. The movie is going to be 39.98 for sub only plus extra stuff, again no option for just movie without extras.

(in case anyone was interested: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Rasca...Senpai-Blu-ray | https://www.rightstufanime.com/Rasca...g-Girl-Blu-ray)

Sorry for the stupid ranting haha.

And they wonder why piracy is a thing.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

This is unfortunately not really the licensors' fault and more the fault of the anime industry in Japan. A single Blu-ray with 2-3 eps on it might be 60-100$. That's why there's always stuff like OAV or manga extras bundled with their releases. Physical anime sales are treated as much more of a niche thing there too, you're really not going to be owning a lot of anime unless it's your hobby and you can afford it. Why they don't make the prices more competitive here likely has to do with that in some way.

Doesn't help that the anime industry is collapsing; it was barely sustainable before the virus, but like everything else now we're going to probably be seeing some major changes by the end of this.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Late, but the Konasuba movie was pretty great. The final ending battles/splosions were dope.

Otherwise, I've been a bit out of the loop for this season. Definitely watching Shokugeki, but sad Ace of the Diamond ended for now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/stat...10370490265602

BNA is coming stateside June 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    And they wonder why piracy is a thing.
    Personally, I don't complain about this as much anymore because anime is now super accessible legally through the variety of streaming options. But, I "get" why anime is priced this way. It's super bullshit compared to another tv shows, but ultimately anime is super niche so they rely on selling shit at premium prices. Also I know reverse imports are a concern for them, and blu-ray releases are inherently more expensive in Japan. I don't think if they cut the price by 80% they'd get that much more volume in sales.