BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Spring 2020 Anime

Welp, since we're all gonna be quarantined in our homes and the new anime season is only a couple weeks away here, might as well get this thread started. Couldn't find a large image of all the anime airing, so here's a link to the livechart

https://www.livechart.me/spring-2020/all

Personally, stoked for:

-ASCENDANCE OF A BOOKWORM!!!!! (LN is amazing so far)
    -KONOSUBA MOVIE!!! (self explanatory. Again, LN of what the movie covers is fantastic)
    -OreGairu
    -SAO continuation
    -Violet Evergarden movie release
    -Weathering with You movie release
    -One Piece movie release (all of these movies releasing on DVD/Bluray I should mention)
    -Yesterday wo Utatte looks interesting
    -Appare-Ranman! because PA Works
    -Gundam Build Drivers 2nd season
    -Gundam G no Reconguista II... I need to watch a recap of the first series so I remember WTF it was about
    -...I guess I'll check out the Digimon reboot. I'm not overly optimistic about it honestly given how mediocre the Tri movies ended up. I did really enjoy the first season of Xros Wars though, but the second season was lame as fuck

I'm sure there will be a gem or two too, but yeah, now that I look over my list, there is a stupid amount of shows and movies I'm interested in. Haven't had a list this long in quite a few seasons. Naturally gonna keep watching Pokemon. I dunno if there are any series that I like this season that are continuing. Maybe Railgun I guess?

Edit: Fuuuuuck, Gulk stickied this thread quick lol

Bold to assume we'll even have anime in a few weeks. Have had some shows delayed in the current season because of it.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Brand new animal first 6 episodes(Studio Triggers new series) will release all at once on March 21th on Netflix Japan. While Japanese TV will be getting it with usual weekly release starting April 8th. New trailer was also released.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Bold to assume we'll even have anime in a few weeks. Have had some shows delayed in the current season because of it.
    Oh, that's a good point

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

First 6 episodes of Brand New Animal are up in JP Netflix only. You need VPN to watch it. No subs and unofficial sub videos should be up in a day or two.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

BNA: Brand New Animal Ep 1-3. immensely lovable cast bolstered by stand-alone character development episodes. starts off awkwardly, the actual overarching plot isn’t anything new but it will be interesting where it goes. As for the character designs, lemme just say that everyone looks great. When you do these kinds of shows. of course Trigger Staff as usual are posting fun artwork to celebrate the Netflix release.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Higurashi is getting a new anime

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

For everyone interested (primarily Elcura), the Konosuba movie is out!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Okay, the movie was fan-fucking-tastic. Just perfect and everything you want Konosuba to be. I laughed out loud in RL multiple times, so fucking good.

Spoiler: show
    I don't remember there being a fight in the LN's with the 3 generals combining and Wiz+Vanir showing up. I feel like that was added to the movie if I'm not mistaken. The fight in the book ends with Komekko shooting the gun and making her introduction in spectacular fashion lol. The added movie fight was pretty fantastic too, don't get me wrong.

Sylvia going to the afterlife and seeing the other 2 generals I do remember though. And in the end, there was a scene with Kazuma asked to allot Megumin's points for her into other spells and he just buffs up her explosion like in the movie. Buuuut for whatever reason I remember that from a later novel that involves a demon king general+origin of why Megumin loves explosion magic+Chomusuke. Again, I could be remembering incorrectly as it's been some time since I read the light novels

Again, great great movie and hilarious as fuck. If you liked the Konosuba anime, 100% watch the movie. It's more of the same but a hell of a lot better

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Should you watch Konosuba movie?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Ker View Post
    Should you watch Konosuba movie?
    The movie will make you doubt most women... even if they look pretty, if you don't already O_o

Old Merits
    BG Level

Second Season of Hi Score Girl will launch next Thursday, apparently. About time, really had me fooled making me think that last October was the Netflix release.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

First episodes of Tower of God and Kakushigoto were both pretty good. The former I haven't read the manga at all but it seems pretty popular on the r/manga subreddit, so I'll probably keep watching.

The latter is written by the same artist as Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei so if you liked that series, you'll like this one. Very similar style but not as over the top artistically (also probably because it's not animated by Shaft). Same VA for both the dad and Zetsubou sensei though which is fun as he clearly knows how to do the over the top style of the manga artist justice.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Tower of God definitely is a wild ride story wise even though the later seasons start to get more scatterbrained. Animation was a little off to me, it felt sloppy but still overall decent. Weird to hear them in Japanese since I've imagined them speaking Korean for the longest.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Smiling Friends(Adult Swim) Pilot. What better person to play a constantly depressed uggo than a real-life one like Mike.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Hamefuri is great. Like Ascendance of a Bookworm, it's another fun and interesting take on the isekai series. I actually couldn't stop myself from reading the manga and now I'm 8 chapters in +_+

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Gleipnir Ep 1. This was a decent first episode. Large amount of fan-service via underwear shots, cleavage, etc. Also offer some fairly explicit violent imagery, Animation is nice.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i was just coming here to ask if anyone had seen this. i found out about the manga just yesterday while dredging for reference material on pinterest. good to hear the anime is decent. how is the manga? this looks like the sort of insanity that needs to be supported. i want to see more furry meatsuit battles in the world.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Definitely starting/continuing:

-Ascendance of a Bookworm. It is a great show.
    -Tower of God. Yeah the hype is there and I'm sure it'll be fine.

My try list this season:

-Hachinan. We're suckers for isekai.
    -Otome game. I've heard it's really funny.
    -Kakushigoto. Not sure if this one will stick for us but it's worth a try as something different.
    -BNA. It's the new Trigger hotness so why not.
    -Arte. I might end up watching this one by myself depending how it is.
    -Nami yo kiite kure. Now hear me out. Apparently /r/anime is flipping its shit over this one due to Sunrise animation, crazy fight choreography and off the wall humor/premise. And...it's about a middle aged woman getting a radio show. It sounds amazing.

There's some other stuff we might try depending on how we're feeling but inevitably some fall through the cracks due to just not having enough time for all this anime.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    -Nami yo kiite kure. Now hear me out. Apparently /r/anime is flipping its shit over this one due to Sunrise animation, crazy fight choreography and off the wall humor/premise.
    Also by the guy who did Blade of the Immortal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast